318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 106,867 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 69,730 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 66,998 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Romoser.MD

Default DDMTuning m3 Front Bumper Installation

I ordered the m3 front bumper from DDMTuning, and searched the forums, but I can't find an installation guide. Thats probably because its really easy to install. And It looks easy to install. But I can't for the life of me figure out how the mesh grill is supposed to stay attached. All it has is 6 short little stubs that stick out and do nothing, and it doesn't exactly clip into place.

Should I glue it? Or what? Any other tips on installation?
Thanks ahead of time.
Romoser.MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
slow_ti

Zip ties ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Romoser.MD

Seriously? Zip ties are the solution? what did you ziptie it to?
Romoser.MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
slow_ti

To be honest. Idk. Cause my ti was m-technic. So. I didn't have to worry about this. Zip ties fix everything lol. If all else fails. Zip ties are the solution. Someone else can chime in that has done this before. It can't be hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Ralliart10

It should of came with some gold washers look alike things that go on the stub and hold the mesh. I will try to take a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Ralliart10

What you need to keep the mesh in place are push nuts you may find some at Home Depo or Lowes hope this helps
Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
BMW_Hatchback

did you get the bumper on the car? you need to unbolt the old bumper from the bar that does on the shock arms (4 nuts I believe). clip the black plastic clips that are along the bumper too.

reverse for install.

for the mesh, locate 6 lock washers that should've come with the kit. If not, order a handful from getbmwparts.com

shouldn't be much from your local dealer either
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

They're called "spring nuts" or "push washers". They look like little washers with teeth on the inside that grip onto the plastic "stubs". They slide over the stub and the teeth bite into it and hold it in place. Part# 64111364257, item# 10 in this diagram:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...58&hg=51&fg=15

They come in various sizes and you could find them at your local auto parts store in the "help/misc" isle.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
BMW_Hatchback

that was my next tip, as they'll probably be less of a hassle then the dealer
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #10
spidertri

Vehicles

My ddm bumper came with the spring nuts, they were in a tiny plastic package that I almost didn't see. The biggest part is moving the actual bumper bar from the stock skin to the M skin.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #11
angus

I would like to post an official warning about DDM - their products prices are cheap - and are mostly OK -

The problem comes if and when you have trouble - they simply DO NOT CARE and I WAS TOLD THIS BY THEM.

DDM Tuning does not care if you have a problem, they will not help you - on three or four occasions I was told to hold with my problem and then they simply hung up - oine time they said "please hold" and went home.

I have actually spent THOUSANDS of dollars with them over a two year period and I admit it is stupid since I knew about their terrible service early on - I just gambled and hoped I would not have any troubles that required their customer service or help.

Please be careful when dealing with them, I know the price is cheap but there are WAY better vendors out there for literally only a few dollars more.

I currently have a shipment of TOTAL garbage from them that cost me over $500 and I hope I can get a refund.

I guess there are some companies that are doing so well that they don't need anymore business - at least that is what they told me.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
tiFreak

Vehicles

I bought a pair of side markers for my E46 that didn't fit at all, I got my money back but it did take quite a while, I did it over email
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
I would like to post an official warning about DDM - their products prices are cheap - and are mostly OK -

The problem comes if and when you have trouble - they simply DO NOT CARE and I WAS TOLD THIS BY THEM.

DDM Tuning does not care if you have a problem, they will not help you - on three or four occasions I was told to hold with my problem and then they simply hung up - oine time they said "please hold" and went home.

I have actually spent THOUSANDS of dollars with them over a two year period and I admit it is stupid since I knew about their terrible service early on - I just gambled and hoped I would not have any troubles that required their customer service or help.

Please be careful when dealing with them, I know the price is cheap but there are WAY better vendors out there for literally only a few dollars more.

I currently have a shipment of TOTAL garbage from them that cost me over $500 and I hope I can get a refund.

I guess there are some companies that are doing so well that they don't need anymore business - at least that is what they told me.

I've only bought a few things from DDM and fortunately for me, I only live about 10 minutes from their Huntington Beach location in the event that I do need to return something. Once when I was in the showroom and this guy came in to return a set of HID ballasts that had gone bad and the salesman swapped them out- no questions asked. I guess it makes a difference if you are able to return them in person vs. have to deal with them over the phone/through mail. I've been in there in the middle of the day on a weekday when there are literally a dozen people in the showroom waiting to buy parts- I can only imagine how that number would be exponentially increased in their online department, but it does seem that customer service is not their game.

However, people also need to understand that there is almost certainly going to be a huge difference in fit, finish, and quality between a $100 bumper and a $500 one; or a $30 HID setup and a $300 one.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #14
spidertri

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
However, people also need to understand that there is almost certainly going to be a huge difference in fit, finish, and quality between a $100 bumper and a $500 one; or a $30 HID setup and a $300 one.
Sad thing is, there are vendors who sell the exact same bumpers and lights as DDM but mark them up towards the prices you describe.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 AM   #15
zoner

True. I guess I also should have said: Do your homework and stick with reputable vendors or at least vendors that you know what you are paying for.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote