318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 973,424 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-12-2002, 03:58 AM   #1
bbnmcas

I want to get the Thruster style spoiler but I don't know where to get it from at the cheapest price. Here is the web site that I found that sells them.
http://www.emiperformance.com/acatal...Wings_301.html

Do you think this is the best looking spoiler that is made for the ti or what kind of spoiler do you use?

bbnmcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
ayton

O please no that wing is much too big for the ti! factory or the 3 piecs ACS style only,these are the only wings that I feel will suit the lines of the car. Zender also makes a nice wing for the ti.i have seen that monstrousity on a ti before and it just looks plain nasty IMHO.
ayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:37 PM   #3
bbnmcas

Are we looking at the same wing? It is just lip on the back of the hatch. The wing I'm looking at is near the bottom of the page and it is for TI only. (wing #890145) If we are, reply with the link that you think looks good.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:48 AM   #4
tipsyaj

I don't think that spoiler is as good as this one. I don't like how it ends on the sides of the car, it's not as smooth looking as this one. I just bought it off of Ebay and I know for a fact that they've been trying to sell these babies for a couple of weeks now, they're on clearance. They'll even custom paint it for $70 ! You can get a ready to install spoiler for under $200, that's a great deal.

Go to this link to see the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1821778290
tipsyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 06:51 AM   #5
bbnmcas

That is a good price and all, but anyone who is getting a spoiler for their 318ti gets that one. I wanted to get one that not many people have. Thanks for the info though.
Old 04-19-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
bimka

bbnmcas
look at http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/englisch/index.html. I got one and looks very good.
bimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 08:33 PM   #7
bbnmcas

That silver one? That fit on your TI??? That is nice!!! Can you email me or post a pic of it so everyone can check it out? How much did it cost, where did you get it, painted or unpainted, and how hard was it to install?
Old 05-02-2002, 09:09 PM   #8
J!m

Vehicles

Hey, guys.

I agree (to a point) that the best looking "wing" is the factory one. It just looks "correct" on the car, and the little M logo is pretty trick, you have to admit...

Not that many ti's have any wing at all, so you don't have to worry about having what "everyone" else has. Hey, if you wanted to be like everyone else, get a regular 318i!

I personally like the factory spoiler, but the one I want to use is the 1995 M3 Lightweight rear spoiler (also on Euro M3 GT- without extension blocks). Only problem (besides the price) is: will it fit the damn car??? Once the extension blocks are removed, it's perfect for road and big (long, fast) track use; and with them in, it will give low-speed down force. Perfect, just as the Germans designed it. The ti spoiler does not give any apreciable down force, because it's too close to the car. But again, it does LOOK cool, and correct. Think about it: the same guys who penned the M3 and ti lines designed this spoiler. It looks "right" on the car.

My 2 cents. Take it or leave it. It's your car, so do what pleases you with it!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote