318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 453 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
FLJayson318

Post my 318 story

Hey im jayson and im gonna tell you how i wondered upon my 318ti
i have a 1995 darkgreen 318 ti

well it was my first car i got..i just got back from a camp a couple of months after i got my license and my dad and his bestfriend tried to supprise me with it.. but a couple of days after me not being able to look into the garage i had to see. i looked and there it was my bmw.
i first looked at it and said wow.. i actually own a bmw then i started to look around and i thought it was a nightmare. lets start that the lady that owned it before me took horrible care of it, and we only bought it for $1,750(i know what a deal)1. the leather seats were wore and ripped 2. the floor was trashed on the carpet and sand was pilled in the bottom 3. the headliner was ripped and stained black 4. front left light was not working 5. she ran into a trailer hitch and the front grill was messed up 6. there was no front emblem(when i first looked at the car i wondered if it was a bmw. lol.. and 7. the driverside door didnt open(i know shoot me now)8. first time i tried to roll the window down it fell off track(power windows) 9. the antenna was bent down. (i know WTF?!) 10. the car was a total mess needing some love
within the first week i got most everything fixed. headlinder re-done. windows fixed, doors fixed, new emblems, new antenna, nice brand new seat covers didnt have enough money to but new seats, and i got the windows tinted and got brand new tires.
but ive had the car for about 8 months now and i still need some dents and stuff removed. ive been savin up cause the lady never got the front end fixed(oh btw its really not that noticeable none of my friends noticed it) but now i have it in pretty stable condition and i am a proud owner of a 318ti. took me long enough to say but i love it. Im hoping to get some pictures up as soon as i can.

but now i got some questions..
where can i buy parts for my bmw?
im needing new hydraulics (for the drunk) i noticed them today when i was hit in the head from my trunk
new air vents(for the interrior) 3 of them are broken and dont move right to left
new stock steering wheel- the grip on it is flaking off..

but thanks for any help and thanks for reading please reply back

oh p.s. recently when i took it to the german auto part store near my house they offered me $4000 cash for it. i ALMOST took the deal (but i had no other car and i need a car for summer)
FLJayson318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
Viper3812

Welcome...
Check out Floridagerman.com local car club.

For parts, check out bimmerforums.com for used parts and group buy on new parts. If you want to by oem parts new your best bet would be from Tischer BMW, they have a link to their website in the vendor section of bimmerforums.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Viper3812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
ATF

Somewhere on here people were posting cheap alternatives to the OEM BMW Hatch Struts (those are the hydraulics you were referring to). The other parts you can look up the numbers over @ realoem.com and either order them from a dealership, a junkyard on eBay (or in person if you have one near ya) or like Viper said, from other people. BavAuto sells a steering wheel wrap that you can stitch onto your existing wheel, I don't have it but it looks pretty sweet imo. Their site is www.bavauto.com Good luck and i'm glad to hear you got your ti back into shape

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

The hatch struts off of older model Chevy Blazers fit on out cars and are significantly cheaper. Just take some measurements of the strut compressed and extended and then swing by Autozone.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
Will'sBimmer

get those pics up soon and check ebay for some new headlights and a few other things. watch out for cheap knock off. ask someone here before buying it on ebay (helps to have other's opinions). I know they have helped me. and try www.pelicanparts.com umm there is a ton of sites.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...light=websites

i found it! they have all the websites listed. well almost all.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote