318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,467 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,337 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
HuGo

Default I might work w/BMW (marcus)

2 :Marcus, member at torrance you told me about a guy in eagle rock? Well i found him today. His name is Joe right?

Everyone else: I was on my way home and i see a ti with 332 badge. I busted a U turn and went back. I see the car infront of a business called The M Shop. So i figured this is the guy marcus was telling me about. Yes, he swap labor is cheap, 2k. I stayed a while and started chit chatting with him. He took me in a ride in his M swapped ti. All i gotta say is HOLY F*CK, i want a 3.2 now. So we were chatting about a bunch of things about the S/C and motors and you know long story. Oh, and i saw a DASC right there, THAT THING IS HUGE! Anyway, he said his friend might be selling it. But he told me not to get it cuz not good to get used S/C cuz you gotta get em rebuild and so on.

Well i told him that i really want to learn more about my car and bmws and if i can work with him. I told him, if i can come around work with him and the cars, and he doesnt even have to pay me, that ill do it for free, i just want to learn. So he said we can work something out. So i might be working with him in his shop. The kool thing is also, if i wanted to do a swap, he could help me find engines for cheap. He was telling me he found a complete 328i and bought it for $850. That one of his customers didnt have a tranny on the car and just sold him the whole car for 850, i was like fack!

He told me i should go 2.8 rather than 3.2 cuz who knows how hard that engine has been pushed (3.2) Anyway, its kool, i might work with bmws and learn more and help me out you know. I told him if i do work with him, if he can help me find a 3.2L for cheap. I even told him, i dont expect you to swap it for free but help me in doing it. Man, thats *****ng bad, he said he might need some help so i might get lucky So yea, hopefully ill catch up to you guys and actually know what you guys talk about most of the time, haha.

BTW, i saw an e46 m3 getting a stage 2 kit being put in, i was like, this is gonna kill. Maybe after a while and i know more, he can hire me for pay . Im so excited and i cant wait to start working with this guy. And maybe i will have a M engine put into my ti.

Edit: Heres his website http://www.themshop.com Also, he used to log into here too before so some of you guys might know him.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:50 AM   #2
HuGo

does anyone here know joe personally or know/heard of his shop?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #3
aceyx

Unfortunately, no. But that sounds pretty rad; let us know how it works out.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #4
1rstbmw!

I'm in a similar situation, my mecanic works wonders on Bmws he is the only guy around here that does a good job.I've been talking with him and this summer he's letting me take apart a few motors and put them back together.He should though as I've spent over 2k in repairs with him.
So this summer I may be taking apart some old VW motors and maybe get my 2.5 put in by August, depending on what I find.I've started hunting for one so if anyone finds a good priced one let me know.Car payments are over with in 2 months!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
HuGo

See this guy joe, he knows a lot of junk yards and places where can find me a motor for cheap. I might be able to get a complete car at the cost of just a motor but im not getting my hopes up just yet. But think about it, i barely met him, and in less than 30 minutes talking to this guy, he took me in a spin in his 332ti. After that joy ride, i want a 3.2 now. But yea man, maybe after i get a little good and better, he may actually hire me for pay

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...