318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,003,677 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
slow_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
i am not saying anything about that setup in the door panel. :shaking my head:
:/
slow_ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
slow_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony318ti View Post
Oh hey no worries man i trust its nice. Umm just a question did you use the internal amp? wiring? or did you run your own wiring from the head unit to the speakers. Mine does not sound the way they should because I'm using a stereo that puts outs 4 ohms and the door speakers and rear speakers are 8 ohms. i have not opened the kickers yet to see what they are. Please do share your experience.
i ran my own wiring from the the head unit. it was a huge pain in the ass haha. the hardest thing was actually mounting the speakers to make it look clean. please do share your opinion about it lol. it may or may not stay. not to hard to find 318ti door panels ahha
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
anthony318ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_ti View Post
i ran my own wiring from the the head unit. it was a huge pain in the ass haha. the hardest thing was actually mounting the speakers to make it look clean. please do share your opinion about it lol. it may or may not stay. not to hard to find 318ti door panels ahha
I see and i can imagine i only got to change my head unit (using existing AMP and speakers) i got as far as running 8 gauge power cables to the trunk and RCA cables, and remote power cables out of the head unit to the trunk. It was a pain getting down the back of the head unit to the floor than under the carpet to the back. Haven't done anything else hahaha. Maybe after i get my diff than i can complete the sounds update.

Your so lucky to have ti parts available to you i live in the middle of the south pacific ocean on an island smaller than LA city lol...

"If the world turns it's back on you, grab it by the hips and pound the crap out of it"
anthony318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #19
slow_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony318ti View Post
I see and i can imagine i only got to change my head unit (using existing AMP and speakers) i got as far as running 8 gauge power cables to the trunk and RCA cables, and remote power cables out of the head unit to the trunk. It was a pain getting down the back of the head unit to the floor than under the carpet to the back. Haven't done anything else hahaha. Maybe after i get my diff than i can complete the sounds update.

Your so lucky to have ti parts available to you i live in the middle of the south pacific ocean on an island smaller than LA city lol...
ah. i see. well, i dont know that i would cut up your door panels then and do what i did. you prob dont wanna go that route anyway lol
Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #20
xsalernox

sry for not taking part in this topic i started, i have been busy and haven't been on the computer. the small speakers on my door are a tweeter and mid i believe. non of them work and even if they did they would not do much but get drowned out by the other 4 speakers i put in.. i have two videos on utube that show what i did to my car audio...first link is old and thats how i first had it...the second link is how it is now.. (ps my car doesn't look like this any more i have done cosmetic upgrades to it ie. grill/corners/sidemarkers/tails) lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVw9Jjx5sok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on027U_WMwM
xsalernox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #21
xsalernox

also would like to add that i have also reupholster the corner pillars to a nice black material since making this video ,that has a pattern on it similar to the texture of the dash.

and 1 quick tip that i found out a couple weeks ago while i was repairing a bent/ripped rca cable is that the speaker wire going from the subs to the amp was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long.. i cut it short as possible factoring in play when i throw the seats down that it doesnt yank them out from the amp..

results: BIGG improvement of the quality of bass from before...the subs are more response and hit harder.
xsalernox is offline   Reply With Quote