318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine

Notices

Engine Tuneups, chips, wires, spark plugs.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
Yesterday 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 955,520 Views
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,678 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
$27 per filter? That must be in California dollars. What a ripoff. Are you sure that's not for a box of two? I spent less than $20 for both last time. At the dealership.

Vic
Bullsh!t. Maybe at a Honda dealer, but here in the real world they cost $23ea @ pelicanparts.com, $28ea @ getbmwparts.com(Tischer BMW) and if you'd spend a moment searching, you'll see that the ones that sell for $23.99 a pair on ebay don't fit properly according to Steven, the site owner. Don't believe me? Check it out yourself, the part# is 64319071933
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
vjmvjmvjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Bullsh!t. Maybe at a Honda dealer, but here in the real world they cost $23ea @ pelicanparts.com, $28ea @ getbmwparts.com(Tischer BMW) and if you'd spend a moment searching, you'll see that the ones that sell for $23.99 a pair on ebay don't fit properly according to Steven, the site owner. Don't believe me? Check it out yourself, the part# is 64319071933
That's a set of two at Tischer. JFGI. Why don't you order two sets and send me one? (rolling eyes behind my head)

Ain't no bull****, I checked my records, last set (of two) I purchased at BMW of Towson was $15.60 with CCA discount - under $20 like I stated. And, yes, I'm talking about OEM filters, not the FleaBay crap.

Real world? You're the one living in California!

Vic - former California resident
vjmvjmvjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #18
cooljess76

Quote:
That's a set of two at Tischer. JFGI. Why don't you order two sets and send me one? (rolling eyes behind my head)

Ain't no bull****, I checked my records, last set (of two) I purchased at BMW of Towson was $15.60 with CCA discount - under $20 like I stated. And, yes, I'm talking about OEM filters, not the FleaBay crap.

Real world? You're the one living in California!

Vic - former California resident
Oh really? Where does it say that? Did you ask them or did you just make that up? The BMW part number correlates to an individual part, not a pair. I just emailed them, so I guess we'll see who's BS'ing in a few minutes.

Edit; Well it only took a minute to get a reply from Tischer. Here's the correspondence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76
I was wondering if part# 64319071933 was sold as a pair or individually. Thank you,

-Jesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Reighard Internet Parts Manager Tischer BMW
Jesse, thanks for your interest - those are sold individually, so you'd have to order 2 quantities to get two microfilters.

Thanks again,
So before you go making stuff up, you should probably get your facts straight Seriously, why would you even lie about something like that? Does it feel good to be known as a liar?

Last edited by cooljess76; 03-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
b.u.ti-ful

Yeah, after reading that some don't fit correctly, I added two genuine BMW cabin filters to my valve cover gasket order and the dealership charged $30.68 each.

And the invoice says that is a discount off the $36.09 list price!

I would not rule out the possibility of cleaning the filters if it works.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
vjmvjmvjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Oh really? Where does it say that? Did you ask them or did you just make that up?
So before you go making stuff up, you should probably get your facts straight Seriously, why would you even lie about something like that? Does it feel good to be known as a liar?
Gee, you're such a friendly dude. My sincere apologies if I have offended you in any way.

All I know is that I bought one box at the dealership, and there were two filters in the box.

Vic
vjmvjmvjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #21
cooljess76

Quote:
Gee, you're such a friendly dude. My sincere apologies if I have offended you in any way.

All I know is that I bought one box at the dealership, and there were two filters in the box.

Vic
Let's see...

I post an idea to help save members a significant amount of money.

MPWR calls me a cheapskate and insinutes that my idea is stupid.

I explain that I rinsed the filter out with fresh water and let it dry in the sun before installing it and defend myself against his cheapskate comment by challenging him to look at my engine compartment and call me cheap.

Then you chime in with some BS about California. All you had to say was that you purchased a pair of filters for 20 bucks at your local dealership, but instead you decided to take a shot at California.

I point out that the filters sell for $23-$28 online and provide the part number as well as site references.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, you decided to MAKE UP some BS telling me that Tischer sells the filters as a pair for 28 bucks(oh yeah, FYI in regards to your comment about California prices, Tischer BMW is in Maryland) and then you take another shot at California!

I knew darn well you were lying, but I emailed Tischer just to be sure before I called you out on it.

I don't know what you have against California, but all I did was rinse my old filters out to save some money. I offered this idea to the forum with hopes that others may benefit and suddenly I'm attacked by a couple douchers from MD. So please forgive me if I don't add you to my facebook and invite you over for taco night

Last edited by cooljess76; 03-05-2010 at 04:19 AM.