318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 328,696 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,120,820 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-21-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
snwbrdrbum10

Default News!

So, I've decided that i will be enlisting in the USAF @ the end of August. This means, once Basic training and tech school are completed, i'll have a good start on new parts for my TI. Considereing i wont be spending much money during either..so rims, and S/C, new suspension, and possibly a new paint job in the next year or two!!! Had thoughts of selling it, but if my dad drives it once a week, it should stay in fairly good shape!! Well, thats all for now!
later
Old 07-21-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
jdehaan

thats cool man, what job do you want to do once you've joined?
jdehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
HuGo

i took the test and passed. But i decided not to go after all. I was going to join then go to Officer Training school, and be a pilot. Or i was gonna go to college get my degree than join the air force and be a pilot. But i decided not to go. I dont know about being in there for 10 yrs. My dream was to always have air combat with an enemy jet, and fly the stealth bomber, but i guess it wont be happening. I asked if they had any special ops job opening and said no at the moment. But their SO, is rescue mission, i dont wanna do that. I wanted to do a secret mission like, bomb and get the f*ck outta there quickly and/or have air combat. Anyway, Have fun.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
cali-ti
aka Stabby

snwbrd, thanks in advance for serving our country! my brother was in the air force for many years (officer/enginerd). best of luck!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdrbum10
So, I've decided that i will be enlisting in the USAF @ the end of August.
Good luck. Bring some 318ti.org decals with you.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
L84THSKY

I've heard alot of crap come out of your mouth, but that story isn't remotely believable. Please don't make me eloborate on all the holes in your story.

Signed
An Air Force veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
i took the test and passed. But i decided not to go after all. I was going to join then go to Officer Training school, and be a pilot. Or i was gonna go to college get my degree than join the air force and be a pilot. But i decided not to go. I dont know about being in there for 10 yrs. My dream was to always have air combat with an enemy jet, and fly the stealth bomber, but i guess it wont be happening. I asked if they had any special ops job opening and said no at the moment. But their SO, is rescue mission, i dont wanna do that. I wanted to do a secret mission like, bomb and get the f*ck outta there quickly and/or have air combat. Anyway, Have fun.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
L84THSKY

The Air Force is a good move, but there are some very important choices to be made than just signing up. The job you get is crucial to your future. I was in Microwave/Satellite Comms. Make sure you get a technical job, preferrably in the Electronics field. DO NOT let the recruiter tell you some bull****!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdrbum10
So, I've decided that i will be enlisting in the USAF @ the end of August. This means, once Basic training and tech school are completed, i'll have a good start on new parts for my TI. Considereing i wont be spending much money during either..so rims, and S/C, new suspension, and possibly a new paint job in the next year or two!!! Had thoughts of selling it, but if my dad drives it once a week, it should stay in fairly good shape!! Well, thats all for now!
later

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #8
adempster1

Hey Good luck and very wise selection of service, I’m a Sgt. In the Army and wish I had joined the USAF instead. I’m an Infantry man I returned from Iraq this past November and Im currently stationed at Ft. Dix NJ due to injuries I sustained by a road side bomb.
I think you will love the Hobby shop at the bases. Just about all the major ones have one. I use the one at Ft. Dix. I pay $4.50 per hour and I get a bay with a lift and all the tools I need to work on my car I just love it. When you are done with your tech school and get to your duty station ask about the hobby shop, you will find it to be the best thing, is like having your own mechanic shop.
adempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
robcarync

i was going to do air force ROTC at nc state...i had a scholarship...but apparently i am not healthy enough to pass the department of defense medical examination review board so i was declined because im allergic to cats.

i faught it and wrote many letters rebuting their decision, but in the end i got 6 replies, all of them rejections.
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
michaelhofastcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempster1
I think you will love the Hobby shop at the bases. Just about all the major ones have one. I use the one at Ft. Dix. I pay $4.50 per hour and I get a bay with a lift and all the tools I need to work on my car I just love it. When you are done with your tech school and get to your duty station ask about the hobby shop, you will find it to be the best thing, is like having your own mechanic shop.
Wow, I bet you can do a lot of performance upgrade in the Hobby shop. Have fun in the military.
michaelhofastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I've heard alot of crap come out of your mouth, but that story isn't remotely believable. Please don't make me eloborate on all the holes in your story.

Signed
An Air Force veteran
well apparently you have not known my since i was a kid. Ever since i was in 5th grade i want to be a pilot. And yes, im serious about the air combat. I have asked my mom what she thought about it. She gave me a look and well she told me, well atleast if something bad were to happen to you, you get killed over something good, and not getting shot walking down the street. Ive told dusten i wanted to join the usaf, i think i even told him i took the test, but i just decided not to go. My dream is to be a pilot, and trust me, ive looked into it, but i just cant do 10 yrs. So i dont really give a "flying" f*ck if you believe me or not.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
My dream is to be a pilot, and trust me, ive looked into it, but i just cant do 10 yrs. So i dont really give a "flying" f*ck if you believe me or not.
If your "dream" is to be a pilot, it shouldn't matter how long it takes. 10 years is nothing. You'll have to work until you're 70 before you can collect SS, if it still exists. 70-19= 51 years of work ahead of you.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #13
HuGo

i found a different route to being a pilot and i wont have to be away for 10 yrs.

Well heres one of the reasons, i want to have a kid around 25-30 yrs of age. I wouldnt like to have a kid (well first one) after im 30. If i were to go, ill be getting out at 32-34 yrs of age. And i wouldnt want to have a kid while im in the service. Due to, when i come home, my kid wouldnt even know who the hell i am.

But theres more reasons to it. If i mentioned some, some of you white boys might get all twitchy.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 07-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
campaiar

I agree with DunstenT, don't let one guy talk you out of what you want to do, whether it be a military officer or some guy on a automobile forum.

Course with that logic you shouldn't listen to me either.... which is true.... hmmm I confused myself I think
M3 S52 3.2 I-6 Engine, M3 Clutch w/ ti Getrag Trans, Z3 3.15 LSD medium case diff and half shafts, OEM Hatch Spoiler, Eurosport HP Underdrive Pulleys, FDM, 17" DS1 rims, M3 Front Struts & Springs, M3 Instrument Cluster, 3-spoke //M steering wheel with tri-color stitching, SSK, CCFL Angels in Depo projectors with 5k HIDs
campaiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #15
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by campaiar
I agree with DunstenT, don't let one guy talk you out of what you want to do, whether it be a military officer or some guy on a automobile forum.

Course with that logic you shouldn't listen to me either.... which is true.... hmmm I confused myself I think

i talked myself out no one did. trust me, i dont let people talk me out of stuff (i mean in major and big serious things, not small stuff like, dont take a left on the street or something).

But who said i was gonna stop trying to be a pilot completely? Im still going to be a pilot, just that im not gonna go to the usaf to do so. My career and major is in the aviation field.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...