318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 992,038 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #16
beamerti

Hey I want to buy a set for my ti. I'm confused do I have to buy hid seperate or does it come included?it looks seperate from the seller I found on ebay.where did you buy your hid kit?and what did everything cost you?I found a set on ebay hid and angel eye all in one for 300.
beamerti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
mksu19

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamerti View Post
Hey I want to buy a set for my ti. I'm confused do I have to buy hid seperate or does it come included?it looks seperate from the seller I found on ebay.where did you buy your hid kit?and what did everything cost you?I found a set on ebay hid and angel eye all in one for 300.
Sorry for the late reply, was busy with my Miata project. Anyways, the Depo housing was around $170 shipped and the 50W HID's were $54 shipped. Separate sellers! I wouldn't trust those headlight/HID combos. Unless you've had previous experience with the seller, most likely you'd be unsatisfied with those kits. Do some research on e36 Depo Ecodes and you'll see what I mean. Yes they're cheap but they are by no means low quality. They're not superior to real OEM projectors but they better than those Chinese knockoffs. Good luck!

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #18
beamerti

Default Projector headlights

Hey thanks for responding. I found a set on ebay that look really nice and they are new and come with smoked lens fog lights. Here is the link .http://www.ebay.com/itm/230686136062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649[/URL]. They are.from the seller ipexmotoring. They are really bright and look sweet at night . I noticed condensation though the other morning and I just installed them 2 days ago . They are under warranty but I have to pay to ship.them back and they will.ship me.new ones .it sounds like a headache.im going to try to seal them better myself but tell me what you think .
Old 11-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #19
mksu19

Quote:
Hey thanks for responding. I found a set on ebay that look really nice and they are new and come with smoked lens fog lights. Here is the link .http://www.ebay.com/itm/230686136062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649[/URL]. They are.from the seller ipexmotoring. They are really bright and look sweet at night . I noticed condensation though the other morning and I just installed them 2 days ago . They are under warranty but I have to pay to ship.them back and they will.ship me.new ones .it sounds like a headache.im going to try to seal them better myself but tell me what you think .
Looks good! I'm glad you're happy with the set you got. Condensation usually means that the housing isn't/wasn't sealed properly. I suggest a teaspoonful worth of instant rice wrapped in a small breathable bag and place it inside of the housing. The rice will suck up all the moisture so make sure to remove it the next day otherwise you'll have molds growing in your new headlights. Also, those silicone baggies usually found in new shoes works great so if you have those lying around, I suggest using those instead.

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 AM   #20
Reguile

Take some pics of it installed, I want some similar ones for my car, are the angle eyes really that bright?
Reguile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #21
beamerti

Smile Angel eyes installed

Yes they are and the best part is that they are projectors!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	2011-11-21 21.55.38.jpg Views:	225 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	11974  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #22
planksta

Im going to buy these from Khoality, I never see anyone recommend their website on here and they have a lot of good stuff for cheap and they have free shipping on alot inclufing all lights, http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e36/light...eadlights.html
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #23
familytruckster

Vehicles

What about these, guys?
http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-lighting/...eadlights.html

Not really feeling the looks of the hid/angel eye ones...
Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #24
planksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytruckster View Post
What about these, guys?
http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-lighting/...eadlights.html

Not really feeling the looks of the hid/angel eye ones...
those were originally what I was going to get but the angel eyes are more to my liking along with the hid's
Old 12-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #25
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksu19 View Post
I know this is my first post but the Depo brand that DDM usually carries are the Gen2 type which has the H1 or similar type projectors. The Depo Gen5 (Ecodes) have a proper H7 projector that are true E-codes. I have them on both my Audi and an E36. I got them from a retailer on Ebay. I do not have any affiliation nor do I get paid to promote any items from any seller. Just wanted to break the "Depo-noia" and educate the community.

On another note, the quality of the materials used in the Depo Gen5's are, by far, more superior to the Depos offered by DDM Tuning. The casing feels much like the original Hellas and the build quality comparable to that of an OEM item sans the wiring. The loom within the casing however are thicker guage wires and seems to be holding up quite nicely even after 2+ years of everyday (DRL) use! In addition, the Gen5 Depos have an extremely sharp cut-offs and does not present any "hot spots" in its beam pattern. I will try to post some photos once I find my external hard drive!
Thanks for clarifying that- mine were definitely the Gen2 H1 projectors. The only thing remotely close to E-code on them was the beam cutoff pattern- everything else was garbage.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #26
beamerti

Whats great about this set I got is that it comes with smoked fog lights .I will be upgrading those to hids 5000k ! Headlight hids to 6000k . And leds for marker lights
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #27
beamerti

And I know a technique to get rid of the cutoff on projectors
Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #28
Reguile

Get pics of it in the day time lol. There's not a whole lot of pics of it installed, you'd figure with them being a ton cheaper, more people would have them. I've seen a few.
Reguile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #29
familytruckster

Vehicles

Quote:
And I know a technique to get rid of the cutoff on projectors

Do that, and if I see you and am not dead from running off the road blind- I will kill you.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #30
beamerti

Default Angel eyes

Plus you get smoked fog lights with the headlight set .