318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,003,677 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
THAT318

Default bought a new car.

although its not another ti... it is another bimmer.
its not what i thought it was but it sure is close enough.
i bought a alpine white 94 325is thinking it was an mtech.
had the seats had the side skirts even has motor sport door handles.
i ran the vin earlier today to see what came with that car and what didnt.
turned out it was beige leatherette interior before and 8 way power seats and crap..

i can honestly care less though
because for 1200 bucks i bought a 325is with the mtech hurricane interior
motorsport ltw ds2 wheels and a grip of goodies.
yes for that cheap something has to be wrong with it.
needs a radiator which the seller threw in for me, a clutch fan and a key.
add a battery and a compression test and ill see what i have to work with.

ill post pictures up later and take more thorough pictures once its towed to the shop around the end of this week
THAT318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
budget76

I'll give you $1500

damn good find, it's those parts more than the vin that make them worth $$
1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
wolferj-RIP

Seems like someone had made a 94 m-tech replica (only 150 imported to the US). However for $1200 the seats and wheels alone could be sold and you would be ahead of the game (but I wouldn't sell them, the car seems already well sorted out, with hopefully just some minor mechanicals to fix.

Nice find, now let's see those pics!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
THAT318

uploading to the comp now. i was stoked. the junk yards owner is my dads cousin. thats half the reason im getting it for 1200. my dad found me 5 other e35 coupes that start and drive just needed a clutch or this or that but were crap leather interior and garbage rims and i didnt want them. i kept saying no i want this one. hes like this one wont start ur taking a risk buying it.. i told him id honestly rather buy this and take a risk on the motor than one with options i didnt want. worst case scenario, hg is blown or rod knock or something tear it apart and fix. ill have a refreshed motor i wont have to worry about for a while i mean i get parts cheap and labors free since ill do the work but say i cant save it? part out what i dont want scrap the shell and buy another coupe that starts but has a trash interior and swap em out :P

quick question. cars without a traction control option are all lsd's or always in "traction off" mode?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
THAT318

you asked and i shall share. pics are here.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
THAT318

Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
THAT318

there obviously is a few cosmetic problems. a buddy has a spare molding piece for the front. im probably going to buy black/white or carbon fiber/white badges (any insight on where to get some besides ebay would be nice) and a good buff untill i pick up m bumpers and finish what the last guy started :P its got side skirts and im not too interested in side mirrors for now lol. once i get her to the shop ill get pics of more stuff for you guys. dad said a new car means i have to sell that ti so im selling it to a close buddy just to keep it close by lol. as much as i love my life sized go cart its an automatic and dad wouldnt justify me swapping a 5 speed into it if my tranny is "just fine" then i ran across this and couldnt say no to a full sized trunk 5 speed tranny and interior to die for. so i bought it.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
tiFreak

Vehicles

not a ti but it's really nice, someone did that up right
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #9
THAT318

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
not a ti but it's really nice, someone did that up right
thats for sure. i need to find me a decent m 5 speed knob and get the boot redone. im thinking do it in hurricane too. dunno yet.

i think dads going to let me get it towed in this within a couple of days im just waiting for room to park it inside the shop. its hard when its 2 mechanics and 2 lifts in a not so big place but ill figure something out.
or maybe ill get started on it as soon as i tow it in so i can get it out quick.
doubt dad will let me touch my car during business hours tho lol
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #10
wolferj-RIP

Get the weighted ZHP knob and the alacantra shift and ebrake boot... very sweet.

I suspect that a previous owner pulled the mtech bits from a real car, as those are sport seats, even rarer than alacantra vaders, I believe.

too bad that you have to sell the ti, but that is a great find!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #11
THAT318

i love the sport seats. didnt know they are more rare than the alcantara vadars?
the zhp shift knob sounds nice ill let you guys know what i do when i do finally decide im doing it.

but on a more serious note. not have a asc button means there is no traction control feature on the car at all right? or the car might have an lsd?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #12
wolferj-RIP

No traction control is correct. The car might have a LSD, but no easy way to be sure without jacking up the car and spinning the rear wheels. The VIN report might show if it was there originally, but another one could have been swapped on the car, considering it has been modified...
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #13
THAT318

thats what i was thinking.. maybe he got me a 3.23 lsd im looking around for a knob right now probably going to buy a clutch fan, rad hoses, and coolant from the dealer at once... depending on what they try to ream me for. << typical bmw dealers tho right?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
Mad-Machine

any signs of heated seats? (the originals I mean) those are usually a sign of a "winter package" that would also include an LSD
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #15
THAT318

i think it had heated seats. those controls would be right there under the radio as switches right? im almost 100% sure thats what they were.

what im talking about is in the first picture right behind the shifter there is a driver side and passanger side of that button on either side of the security light.