318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 985,343 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-10-2008, 12:39 AM   #1096
elchicano

Yeah i'll show up. I'll switch spots with someone there. it's not like they would want to stay, i'll actually be helping them out.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #1097
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Hey I'd want you on Sean's jury for sure! At least it would be hung...
LOL, your mind is in the gutter Cindy Lou!
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #1098
elchicano

Just became a member of BMWCCA.

can't wait to get the Roundel, see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #1099
tiFreak

Vehicles

congrats Dave, I really like Roundel, it's a pretty cool magazine, something to add to the towering stacks of Game Informers, Electonic Gaming Monthly's, Official Xbox Magazines, Car and Drivers, Road and Tracks, Autoweeks and Bavarian Autosport catalogs I have in my room

I think I may have to many, lol
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #1100
teetime4one

Vehicles

Quote:
LOL, your mind is in the gutter Cindy Lou!

Oops wasn't thinking about that one!

Ok this is off topic...so...my 330ci is having issues...so far...

New front bumper - 723.00
New thermostat and intake boot - 450.00
New outside temp sensor - 72.00
New belts 200.00 (not doing if I can get away with it)
New bushings (watch it cooljess ) - 300.00
New snow tires - $500.00

And I'm moving at the end of the month - CAR + rent + deposit = BROKE

Can my husband come home yet???

By the way the car prices are with Sean's discount...

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #1101
tiFreak

Vehicles

if you're considering getting away without doing the belts, might I suggest doing without the bumper? at least until you're all set financially? that's a pretty big chunk of money you're spending on something purely cosmetic, just my $.02

anyways, the police in my town decided to do some increased enforcement work today, the town was full of Vermont state troopers, the St. Alban's city police and Franklin County Sheriffs and I got pulled over! I thought it was for the front plate but he just asked me to roll up my front windows so he could make sure I didn't have tint on them, never even mentioned my missing front plate, just did that, complimented me on my car and said I was good to go isn't that considered harassment? I'm kinda wishing I had gotten his name and badge number if it is
Old 09-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #1102
spidertri

Vehicles

Well I assume he saw the tint on your back windows and thought you might possibly have tint on all of them. I'm guessing tint on the front windows is a no-no in Vermont? Either way, sounds like a nice enough guy.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 AM   #1103
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Well I assume he saw the tint on your back windows and thought you might possibly have tint on all of them. I'm guessing tint on the front windows is a no-no in Vermont? Either way, sounds like a nice enough guy.
law is, rear windows can be as dark as you want and you can have tint along the top of the windshield as dark as you want, but absolutely no tint is allowed on the front windows, and he was really nice, which was odd because I'd guess a cop who pulls someone over for something like that would be a real d-bag I guess I'm just lucky he didn't decide to walk around the front of the car and see my missing front plate, and I finally picked up some black mesh for my bumper today, probably installing it Friday, I'll take pictures
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #1104
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Ok this is off topic
Nothing is off topic here Thats is the purpose of this thread. You can bring up whatever you want.

I got seans letter he said that the bumper is a pain in the arse to do. So i was thinking how about we have a tech meet. I think i may end up needing erics help on this one. We can go ahead and look at the others things as well a give you an opinion as to what to do. But for sure i will need erics help, i can invite clay as well. PM me if you wanna go ahead an do this. Come on i feel like going for a drive or at least meeting up with you guys.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #1105
elchicano

Also snow tires you can prolly find some cheap ones on craigslist. Also you wont need to worry about them until november.

Thermostat and bushings would be on the top of my list.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #1106
Marv17

that sucks for you guys in the mid west and east coast. needing seasonal tires like summer and winter tires. here in SoCal we can stick with just one set year round since we barely get any rain as it is, judging by last year that is. only ppl i think that would change tires like you guys here would be ppl in the mountains or that go off roading.....

gez, i just thought about it... if i had winter tires for every car we have that is at my house that would be like 12 sets of tires!!

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:06 AM   #1107
elchicano

Im the only one thats needs snow tires at my house. My bros and my dad have all season tires and they all have 4X4 trucks. Especially my dads truck wont get stuck he's got a GMC 3500 dually, the one with four tires in the rear. That things hauls like nothing, no way snow is going to hold it back. But the Ti does good with snow tires and a sack of sand in the back.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 AM   #1108
teetime4one

Vehicles

Quote:
if you're considering getting away without doing the belts, might I suggest doing without the bumper? at least until you're all set financially? that's a pretty big chunk of money you're spending on something purely cosmetic, just my $.02
I wish it was just cosmetic...turns out that the bumper had major issues before I bought the car last year and last week on my way to work the flat, black plastic thingie under my engine compartment that tucks into the bumper was flapping in the breeze as I was doing 85 MPH coming into work last Thursday.

Thank god Eric was home! I called him and he came right down and rigged it so it wouldn't do that anymore...freaked me out...not to mention the smallish plastic pieces I was leaving down the highway...so I took the car to BMW and they said the parts on the driver's side of the bumper where the wheel well liner attaches has no parts left to attach it to and at the same time whatever that part was flapping on the highway last week only tucks into the bumper, it's not screwed in. And the bumper is pulled out too far to fix it. They basically said they don't know how the bumper is even staying on the left side of the car!

So hence the cosmetic work has just become have to do it...thanks elchicano for offering to fix it for me, but the professionals have to take over. Sean's boss ordered a new bumper and already got it and tomorrow I'm picking it up and taking it to the collision place. They are going to spray it for me and then next Tuesday I am taking my car in and they will put the whole thing back together...I feel so poor right now, but the good news is my rent is now $225 less a month...which I will start seeing in November since I had to pay the deposit too. Hey are you and Eric still up for helping me move? It's not far from where I live, it's just south of Tamarac Square...about 4 miles. Thank god I don't have a lot to move. Just bed, TV, couch and dining set which is small too...and of course boxes.

Sean
1995 Active
Old 09-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #1109
elchicano

Yea im still willing to help out. Do you have a truck, because i think it's going to be hard to haul a couch and a bed on the Ti. Are you moving into an apartment or a house?

Well at least you got your bumper taken care of. But still it wouldn't hurt to look to see if we can help out with the issues with your car.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #1110
teetime4one

Vehicles

Yeah I have a friend with a truck and 18' trailer who will lend it to me (or drive). He can't lift anything, but the truck and trailer are a good substitute. I need to ask my new landlady if I can have the keys to move stuff out on the 28th so I can get the old place cleaned up and ready by the 1st. Does that Sunday work for you? And hopefully Eric too...I'll spring for beer and pizza but no drinking and driving!

Sean
1995 Active