Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 991,213 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Marv17

Default Red BMW Motorsport Seat Belts

Hey ya'll,
So I am not sure if anyone would be interested so I'm just going to post it here anyway for those that are. Lately I've been looking for other nice things to buy for myself/ti and I ran into the Red BMW Motorsport seat belts. I kept finding them for sale for like $230 each and I was not going to pay for that much for just one... so, I found a vender that sells them, original, OEM, BMW, however you want to verify it; for $126.85 each for the fronts and $140.12 each for the rears.

If you're interested let me know and I'll give you the information.
Happy modding.

- Marvin

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
manofgun

I'd be interested in the front ones since they didn't make them in the rear ti fitment. Or so I've been told.
1999 318ti Hellrot M-Technik Sport Package Current mods: Dinan CAI, Motorsport X-brace, ZKW's, 50w 6k low, 35w 3k high, 50w 6k French Fogs, Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenon LED interior lights, V3 LED license plate lights, M3 front bumper lip and mesh, DDM M3 style Mirrors, OEM Style 68 Wheels, CD43 Headunit, UUC Stainless Steal Brake Lines, Painted Red Calipers F/R, Rear Bavauto cup holders.
manofgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofgun View Post
I'd be interested in the front ones since they didn't make them in the rear ti fitment. Or so I've been told.
would you want them as a pair right? )for the fronts)
For what I understand for the rear seats is that since they fold down like the coupe seats do it should work, theoritically that is. But I'm going to try it once I start getting to that point. LMK if you're really interested.

-Theta Chi-

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
clex2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
would you want them as a pair right? )for the fronts)
For what I understand for the rear seats is that since they fold down like the coupe seats do it should work, theoritically that is. But I'm going to try it once I start getting to that point. LMK if you're really interested.
No need to try the rear seatbelts. Been there and done that. Totally different set up. The fronts are plug and play, though.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
manofgun

The front set would be a deal for me.
1999 318ti Hellrot M-Technik Sport Package Current mods: Dinan CAI, Motorsport X-brace, ZKW's, 50w 6k low, 35w 3k high, 50w 6k French Fogs, Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenon LED interior lights, V3 LED license plate lights, M3 front bumper lip and mesh, DDM M3 style Mirrors, OEM Style 68 Wheels, CD43 Headunit, UUC Stainless Steal Brake Lines, Painted Red Calipers F/R, Rear Bavauto cup holders.
manofgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
Platanos

http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/oe_..._seatbelts.htm

$239 for the pair....
Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
not entirely... this is what i got when i tried to "place" an order:
Genuine-BMW-GTLTWBelt-front-pair_2dr KO Price: $302.77 ea. Shipping: *Ship Group Qualified Part - (Ship Group?) Stock Status: In Stock - Ready to Ship! Description: Genuine BMW Red Motorsport Seatbelts from E36 M3 LTW / GT Lightweight - Front Pair - 2dr Coupes ONLY - Rear Pair sold separately. Seat belts are red, and read "BMW Motorsport" on them. this part # only fits 2 door coupes, for 4 door models, see part #: Genuine-BMW-GTLTWBelt-front-pair_4dr. The rear pair works on both the 2dr and 4dr models and is sold separately from this part #. Manufacturer: GENUINE BMW

-Theta Chi-

Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #8
Minninips

Vehicles

If I could justify these I'd snap em up. They'd be a nice addition to the Vaders.

According tothis forum
"pn:72-11-2-257-464 for right
left= 72-11-2-257-463
for cars with dual airbags"

Real OEM:$161.44

GetBMWParts.com 72112257464 | 72112257463 - $135.30

Minninips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Platanos

Sorry Marv, I didn't add it to the cart so I never saw the real price...that's false advertising...lol

If there was a way to mount these in the back, I'd buy them. Is there anyway to swap mechanisms? Or maybe cut a little material off and somehow reattach it to the ti's roller mechanism...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
Sorry Marv, I didn't add it to the cart so I never saw the real price...that's false advertising...lol

If there was a way to mount these in the back, I'd buy them. Is there anyway to swap mechanisms? Or maybe cut a little material off and somehow reattach it to the ti's roller mechanism...
haha, its cool. but what i've come to learn that anything on KO Performance pricing is too good to be true. besides i got a better deal thru my vendor, dealer, than any other dealer in the states. $130 shipped is not bad at all.
I was going to look into it actually. because by using regular common sense the coupe rear seats folded down like ours do, so i'm going to look at a coupe rear seat belt and see if it can be used in our ti's. and if it works then the rear motorsport ones would work. if it doesn't then i'm going to see how hard it is to take it apart and put it back together. we'll see in due time.

if anyone else is interested hit me up.
(reason why i'm doing this is because my front seat belts aren't retracting like they used to)

-Theta Chi-