318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 974,699 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
Bobbak

Default Tool box comp MOd

so i was cleaning out my garage and i found an old black and decker drill the drill was about 7 years old and the box was steel and was build very well. If you ever get to know me in real life i will tell you that if you can build it or know how to build it then you dont need to buy it, so anyways long story short i started measuring and cutting the box and im planning on having it in my car as a computer to post when i go on Ti meets that way we can post info faster and have things more up to date.

This computer was built completly out of bordom, i really dont expect to be posting while im driving to a Ti meet but i just thought why not.....?

tell me what you guys think ill post more pics when i can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	100_0052.jpg Views:	301 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	4664   Click image for larger version Name:	100_0053.jpg Views:	309 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	4665   Click image for larger version Name:	100_0054.jpg Views:	310 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	4666  

Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i think you'll be the only one with that mod
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
adamud

That seems extremely interesting. Tell us more!! Is that just going to the be case for all the components?
adamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
Bobbak

more pics

its gonna have 2 30gig harddrives (hooked up in master and slave not sata) 1 gig of ram and an aerogate to on it (it moniters the fan rps and has temperature sensors then tell you how hot everythig is, also its gonna have a built in card reader so you can plus in digital camera memory sticks.

i still got room for more stuff any suggestions you guys?

maybe some HIDS and a DASC?
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #5
adamud

Why are you not going with sata?
What kind of motherboard will fit in there?

These are questions to answer this extremely cool invention, I'm not trying to crap on it, just to let you know
adamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 AM   #6
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamud View Post
What kind of motherboard will fit in there?
Mini or Pico-ITX probably.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
Bobbak

i sanded my hand pretty good, but i got the box sanded down as well, they tack welded in these metal pieces of sheet metal and i had to drill them out then rip them off as you can see the metal cut my hand and i smashed my finger with a hammer, and to top it off i got angry after i got the metal off and started smashing it with an evel grin on my face and then the piece jumped ou and cut me some more, but the important thing is that im done sanding and i dont ever have to do that. I can hardly type this right now my hands hurt so bad and there is blood on my keyboard lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	1.jpg Views:	246 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	4668   Click image for larger version Name:	2.jpg Views:	260 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	4669   Click image for larger version Name:	3.jpg Views:	272 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	4670  

Click image for larger version Name:	4.jpg Views:	251 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	4671  

Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 AM   #8
Bobbak

its an intel micro motherboard 1.6 Gig cpu , just fast enought for internet explorer

Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbak View Post
i sanded my hand pretty good, but i got the box sanded down as well, they tack welded in these metal pieces of sheet metal and i had to drill them out then rip them off as you can see the metal cut my hand and i smashed my finger with a hammer, and to top it off i got angry after i got the metal off and started smashing it with an evel grin on my face and then the piece jumped ou and cut me some more, but the important thing is that im done sanding and i dont ever have to do that. I can hardly type this right now my hands hurt so bad and there is blood on my keyboard lol
OWWW! this seems to be a rule when working on your car though (or car related activities in this case? no pun intended). if you don't bleed, something's wrong

is the idea to be able to record more details for later upload or do you want to be able to upload via wireless right at the meet? how about software and an interface to OBDII connector so you can troubleshoot on the fly as well?
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #10
Bobbak

hmm i never really thought of that, that would be cool but i dont know of any software that would let me do that and yes its going to be all wireless

Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 AM   #11
cali-ti
aka Stabby

there's a number of them. i think autoenginuity was the one receiving good marks from the guys on the ti yahoo mailing list: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3709

Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #12
Bobbak

i got a '95 ti OBD1 not 2 or will it work with both

Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #13
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i believe only OBD II

Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
Bobbak

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #15
Bobbak

had to completly redo the power supply and mounted all the switches tomorrow ill finish the switches and finish the cutting and start the bondo and sanding hopefully
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	100_0129.jpg Views:	250 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	4674   Click image for larger version Name:	100_0130.jpg Views:	243 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	4675