Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,464 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 12-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
Vitolo

Default FS: Complete S52 3.2L drivetrain

Hey Ti'ers

FS: is my entire OBD2 drivetrain out of a 3/98 M3. Perfect for a swap since it will come with everything you need. The motor just turned 81k miles and dynoed 232whp/232wtq with just a chip/intake/muffler so it's very strong. The ECU has Dinan software. The tranny was replaced last year under CPO for the sticky 5th gear issue and only has 12k miles on it. The radiator and cooling system are also included. Has had regular oil changes every 4-5k miles. It has never been overheated or in an accident and video proof will be supplied to buyer that the motor runs flawlessly before it is removed.

Also comes with a complete Stygar short shift kit that was installed about 500 miles ago!

Whatever other parts are not used in the swap will also be thrown-in ie gauge cluster, stock airbox, flywheel, clutch, hfm, basically complete long block (someone chime in? im not positive what specific parts will be removed other than what i've listed above) Price is $6500.00 for everything. Will ship.

I'm a former Ti'er and have been on the boards for years. Many people can vouch for me on bimmerforums and dtmpower as a reputable person to buy from. Selling because I am doing a groupN Euro 3.2 swap

Jonathan
Jvitolo27@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	P1010127.JPG Views:	216 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	999  
Old 12-17-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Dredder

Good luck with your sale. Your asking alot for a used engine

S50 Swap, Euro 3.5" HFM (MAF), my custom Chip, Cosmo CAI, Custom Exhaust, 6 Cyl. Gauge cluster, 80C thermostat, E46 330 Front Brakes, Powder coated Calipers, Clear Corners, Black Grill, UUC SSK, M3 Front Strut, M3 Front Springs, Powder Coated Valve Cover, ZR3 Laser. and some
Old 12-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
I second that.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Old 12-17-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
sprnova

Thumbs up

I can vouch for Jonathan. He is a stand up guy. I have spoken with him several times about 318ti's and other BMW's. Very friendly and helpful guy.
Good luck on the sale Jonathan!
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 AM   #5
snuggz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
I gotta go with Dredder on this one... I just paid $5500 for this exact swap (97k, but still..) and that was with full exhaust (supersprint) and driveshaft...
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggz
I gotta go with Dredder on this one... I just paid $5500 for this exact swap (97k, but still..) and that was with full exhaust (supersprint) and driveshaft...
Is your swap done? You have the blue Ti, right?

'99 Dinan M3
Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
snuggz

Yeah, that's me...I'm waiting on brakes and spring... figured I'd rock the M44 till it gets warm enough to be comfortable working out the bugs that come with any swap. I was gonna throw up a post with some pics of the pull and the engine, just cause I'm super stoked for it... Your site has some sick projects on it man! I feel like I've seen pics of that mid-engine crx somewhere... do you wrench at a shop here in town?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggz
Yeah, that's me...I'm waiting on brakes and spring... figured I'd rock the M44 till it gets warm enough to be comfortable working out the bugs that come with any swap. I was gonna throw up a post with some pics of the pull and the engine, just cause I'm super stoked for it... Your site has some sick projects on it man! I feel like I've seen pics of that mid-engine crx somewhere... do you wrench at a shop here in town?
Not in Madison, our shop is in Wausau. The CRX is pretty popular on the internet. I get about 50 unique visits a day to that page, so maybe you saw it somewhere on the net.

I'll give you hand with the swap if you need it. Where are you going to do it? PM sent.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 PM   #9
Vitolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprnova
I can vouch for Jonathan. He is a stand up guy. I have spoken with him several times about 318ti's and other BMW's. Very friendly and helpful guy.
Good luck on the sale Jonathan!
Thanks bud, appreciate it. Happy holidays to you!

$5500 is a good price snuggz, but mine still has less miles and a brand new transmission, a matching gauge cluster, $400 software, $200 shortshifter. I would have thrown in the driveshaft and delivery had someone actually made an offer. But no, all I get are opinions I didnt ask for. Find a similar complete swap that is not damaged from a wreck and source everything you need for the swap and tell me how much it costed you. My value is accurate here.

I don't post here often but I guess socializing in people's threads instead of using PM's is status quo on all message boards now?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #10
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitolo
Thanks bud, appreciate it. Happy holidays to you!

$5500 is a good price snuggz, but mine still has less miles and a brand new transmission, a matching gauge cluster, $400 software, $200 shortshifter. I would have thrown in the driveshaft and delivery had someone actually made an offer. But no, all I get are opinions I didnt ask for. Find a similar complete swap that is not damaged from a wreck and source everything you need for the swap and tell me how much it costed you. My value is accurate here.

I don't post here often but I guess socializing in people's threads instead of using PM's is status quo on all message boards now?
Are you just mad because nobody wants your motor?

J/K...I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Cold air intakes, street racing and lambo doors seem to be the important topics on this board lately....

'99 Dinan M3
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #11
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
Cold air intakes, street racing and lambo doors seem to be the important topics on this board lately....

LOL
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Old 12-26-2005, 01:04 AM   #12
snuggz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitolo

Woah there cowboy, not trying to crap on your thread... Yeah, I got a pretty good deal, and yes, it came with everything (matching cluster included) and no, it wasn't out of a wreck.

I was mearly letting you know about the going cost of this swap, and I guess a PM would've been more appropriate (hindsight is 20/20). As for conversing in your thread, I apoligize.

As for others opinions that you didn't ask for... c'mon... this is a forum.

Sorry if I offended you, I know how annoying it is to post something with a fair price and have 20 jerk-offs show up with "HAY GUYZ THIS THING ISN'T WORTH THAT!!!!" so yeah, I'm sorry.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:44 PM   #13
Vitolo

It's fine I just hate trying to sell things on the internet when people think it's a flea market.

ANYWAYS, I've sold the tranny and dropped the price.

motor+ecu with dinan software+cooling system+alternator+airbox = $4700, will deliver anywhere along the east coast to the buyer.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #14
SewickleyBMW

just picked up a brand new S38 with factory motorsport headers for $4000. Just can't imagine paying $6000 when some place do the entire swap with a used engine for under $6-7000 including labor. Just seems a bit high. check bavauto and see what their used motors go for. I think it's in the 3-4k range usually.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #15
Vitolo

Did you not see my last post dropping the price to $4700?

Have fun maintaining that S38.
Closed Thread