318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,016,233 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #16
milehigh96caliti

Quote:
Talk about being honest about the car's condition; Josh sure wasn't, unless he sent a slew of pictures and info to the guy before he bought the car. From what the guy told me, that definitely didn't happen.
You sound like you have a lot of issues...Josh has been part of the forum for quite a while now and has lots of friends here. You may not get too far trashing him on the forum and so far all of your posts have been really negative toward him. If there are so many issues with his car then why did you bother to buy it? Sounds like sour grapes on the part of the guy you bought it from and you've only heard one side of the story.

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #17

I really don't have issues, but think the way Josh mis-described the car to the guy I bought it from was not the way we enthusiasts like to treat our friends. The lack of info on the rust on the ebay ad says a lot, and I say that as a 19 year 'CCA member and someone who also sells stuff on ebay.

Josh certainly isn't the one who caused the rust, and I'm not blaming him for that.

Josh may have a lot of friends on the board, but that doesn't mean he was open and honest about the car's condition. Maybe others should be wary. If there was additional communication about the car's condition between Josh and the guy who bought it from him before the sale, it would be interesting to find that out.

I am very happy with the car.

Thanks,

vince
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
thesk8nmidget

quick back story to back my side of the story up.

i sold this car on craigslist, once jay contacted me and decided to buy the car we agreed i would post it on ebay just for his own protection of me sending the car in the mail, i explained everything about the car he knew about the rust and then he tried to screw me by saying i didnt tell him, the reason the ebay ad was so short and brief was because i wasnt using ebay to sell the car, the description was in my many hours on the phone with him and some emails.

jay tried to screw me and file a complaint on ebay that the car was not as described because the ebay ad wasnt very descriptive. i learned my lesson. and next time i will list everything about the car or item i sell but i can promise you he knew of the rust.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
milehigh96caliti

It really sounds like Jay was trying to pull a fast one on Josh...and I believe Josh...he's a good guy and he's spent a lot of time on here helping people. Josh loved that car and it would have been pointless after doing all he's done for people on here to try and screw someone. You rock Josh!

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
thesk8nmidget

thanks c mack lol

and regarding the pm thank for the offer hahaha
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #21
tiFreak

Vehicles

Josh lies, he said if I asked a girl to "tango my wango" she'd have sex with me
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #22
elchicano

Josh's story makes sense and so far you have made yourself look bad 318318. The other guy is one that has an issue with josh, because the sale didn't got as he wanted it to. You bought the car knowing it had rust so you should not have an issue with josh’s credibility.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 AM   #23
b.u.ti-ful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
Josh lies, he said if I asked a girl to "tango my wango" she'd have sex with me
Josh doen't lie - you were supposed to ask the girl if she wanted to tango with your wango.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #24
tiFreak

Vehicles

lol, I just can't picture that turning out well, especially since she was trying to avoid me at the time
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:24 AM   #25

Interesting answers. Thanks Josh for the additional info. I haven't heard of anybody using ebay to make a craigslist sale more legitimate. I see so much misinformation on craigs, and there's no way to tell if someone is legit, unlike ebay. Did Jay see pictures of the rust? He lives in CA, and might not understand that rust+BMW is not a good thing, especially if the car is from the east. I bought an old Alfa from a guy in Los Angeles earlier this year, and while he told me it had rust through in some areas, if I hadn't copied the pics and enlarged them to see those areas better, I might have been really upset with the severity of it.

Jay didn't bring up the problem he had with Josh until I asked him if the previous owner made it clear how really bad the rust was. At that time I had already seen the original ebay ad, and Josh's posts. Jay told me he didn't make it clear at all. Jay didn't complain about anything else on the car.

Maybe I missed something, but I'm wondering why the car wasn't listed for sale on this site so someone could grab it and keep it in the "family". I did look through many of Josh's old posts going back to before he bought the club sport. Nothing was said about why Josh was suddenly selling the car that he seemed to like so much. I also copied some pictures, and again, blew them up to look at the car closer before I bought it.

Whether Josh likes it or not, the lack of detailed info publicly available compared to the comments others who haven't dealt with Jay have made about Jay make it easy to question both Jay's and Josh's credibility. Yes. Jay's flaky in a California way, but if Josh didn't make sure Jay saw clear pictures of the rust before the sale he could be accused of being misleading too.

Me, I'm happy as I have yet another cool Bimmer toy that needs help.

vince
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
lol, I just can't picture that turning out well, especially since she was trying to avoid me at the time
Man it will work. Trust me! I will ask a few girls I know and let you know how it turns out. Wouldn't be the first time I have gotten slapped for saying something. One time I worked at a pizza place making pizzas. A waitress told me she liked torturing me so I said "well after work let's do some BDSM at your place." Lol. She slapped the piss out of me. haha she was ugly anyways.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #27
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

As hilariously funny as that BDSM story is, the topic is careening wildly off into oblivion now. hint-hint-hint

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Moved to lounge since I don't know where else to put it.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #29
milehigh96caliti

Sorry Vince...sometimes people have to sell something they love quickly for personal reasons. I know where Josh is coming from in that aspect. It can sometimes take longer to sell a Ti on the forum than on craigslist. And selling it here sometimes involves a lot of people wanting to know why you're selling it and my guess is that Josh had personal reasons for it and wasn't up to explanations. But that shouldn't reflect on what ended up happening between Josh and Jay. Welcome to the forum.

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
thesk8nmidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineironkitty View Post
Sorry Vince...sometimes people have to sell something they love quickly for personal reasons. I know where Josh is coming from in that aspect. It can sometimes take longer to sell a Ti on the forum than on craigslist. And selling it here sometimes involves a lot of people wanting to know why you're selling it and my guess is that Josh had personal reasons for it and wasn't up to explanations. But that shouldn't reflect on what ended up happening between Josh and Jay. Welcome to the forum.
that actually wasnt the plan, i planned to make a criagslist ad, and did but then i later planned to make a big thread about it on here but wanted as many details as i could get on it, since most likely people wanting to buy on here would not be local, craigslist was easy i could make a pretty brief ad and then the person would come see it in person then decide if they liked it.

jay contacted me the day i made the ad as well as a few others but jay was first, and i mean it was like 2 hours after i posted it he emailed me.

a couple people looked at the car that first day but i said i would contact the first person that got a hold of me and if they wanted it i would let them buy, but if he wasnt serious i would sell to one of the locals.

jay was very serious he wanted to buy as soon as possible so i decided to take the time and sell to him.

but i did plan on posting here i just did not get the chance.