318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine

Notices

Engine Tuneups, chips, wires, spark plugs.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,905 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
sublimeti

Thumbs up New DINAN performance engine software!!!

I just installed the stage 1 Dinan performance softaware on my ti! I have no other performance parts in the car as of now. I know some of u are gonna say i am crazy for concidering this, but i am going to go all out DINAN! I have the 17/8.5 3 piece Dinan wheels shown on www.Dinancars.com and now the software which i got at 50% off!! and i will be getting their carbon fiber intake and free flow exhaust in the next couple of weeks. I will upgrade to the satge 2 software at that point. The only thing i will not get from them is the dinan suspension...i can get that slowly for a better price. so my car will be an official DInan Signature Series by the end of september.
As far as the Dinan Software! I think that Dinan was being modest when they estimated a 5hp gain...it feels like a lot more, it pulls a LOT stronger on 1st and 2nd, and i can definately feel more torque in the freeway while going 80+ on 5th! I totally recommend you go out there and get the software!
Total price with 30 min install and tax was $224.33 what a deal for the GAIN!!
the sale will only be until tommorrow!
sublimeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
L84THSKY

I just called my local dealer, having Stage II installed today. Will give feedback tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimeti View Post
I just installed the stage 1 Dinan performance softaware on my ti! I have no other performance parts in the car as of now. I know some of u are gonna say i am crazy for concidering this, but i am going to go all out DINAN! I have the 17/8.5 3 piece Dinan wheels shown on www.Dinancars.com and now the software which i got at 50% off!! and i will be getting their carbon fiber intake and free flow exhaust in the next couple of weeks. I will upgrade to the satge 2 software at that point. The only thing i will not get from them is the dinan suspension...i can get that slowly for a better price. so my car will be an official DInan Signature Series by the end of september.
As far as the Dinan Software! I think that Dinan was being modest when they estimated a 5hp gain...it feels like a lot more, it pulls a LOT stronger on 1st and 2nd, and i can definately feel more torque in the freeway while going 80+ on 5th! I totally recommend you go out there and get the software!
Total price with 30 min install and tax was $224.33 what a deal for the GAIN!!
the sale will only be until tommorrow!

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
sublimeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
I just called my local dealer, having Stage II installed today. Will give feedback tomorrow.
Cool, let me know if it would be worth going for the stage 2 upgrade....
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
L84THSKY

My total cost with labor and tax was $227.57. That seems odd, since you paid the same thing for Stage I.

Drove it around, and it doesn't feel like any difference. Could quite possibly be the biggest waste of money yet.

I went straight to a shop to have an inspection done, and the car couldn't be completed. I need to run the system through a few cycles and come back another day.

Quote:
Cool, let me know if it would be worth going for the stage 2 upgrade....

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 08-31-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Bluebimma

Quote:
Drove it around, and it doesn't feel like any difference. Could quite possibly be the biggest waste of money yet.
Or maybe you're too cool for your Stage II.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
sublimeti

Quote:
My total cost with labor and tax was $227.57. That seems odd, since you paid the same thing for Stage I.

I went straight to a shop to have an inspection done, and the car couldn't be completed. I need to run the system through a few cycles and come back another day.
Man!...i think you got ripped...the guy at Dinan told me that i only had to pay the difference between the stage 1 to the stange 2 when I upgraded which he said was a difference of $100!!! i imagine that if you took advantage of the 50% off sale u were supposed to get it for $50???? Right?? Have Your Dinan guy Call My Dinan guy! His name is Oscar and their phone number is 408-779-8584: Dinan in Morgan Hill California
Old 09-01-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
L84THSKY

I think your are on drugs, and quite possibly need some math lessons. I have not heard ANYONE claim they got the software for $50.00.

Second, you just said you paid $224.00 for stage I software, are you making any sense?

If you don't have stage I or stage II, and you have stage II installed, then you pay what I paid.

Quote:
Man!...i think you got ripped...the guy at Dinan told me that i only had to pay the difference between the stage 1 to the stange 2 when I upgraded which he said was a difference of $100!!! i imagine that if you took advantage of the 50% off sale u were supposed to get it for $50???? Right?? Have Your Dinan guy Call My Dinan guy! His name is Oscar and their phone number is 408-779-8584: Dinan in Morgan Hill California

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 09-01-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
L84THSKY

The guy even said that the only guaranteed changes will be the governor setting and rev limiter removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebimma View Post
Or maybe you're too cool for your Stage II.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 09-01-2006, 03:32 AM   #9
Bluebimma

Quote:
The guy even said that the only guaranteed changes will be the governor setting and rev limiter removed.
Are you at all happy with the results...is it possible to get your money back if you dont want it anymore?

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #10
sublimeti

I think u may be the one on drugs buddy....I am the GUY who started this post, and 100 divided by 2 is $50.....right? u did not mention that you didnt have stage 1 already so i figured you were upgrading from stage 1 to 2....naturally Dinan said that if you upgrade from 1 to 2 it would be $100= the difference-----at 50% OFF that would = $50!!! Pretty easy to understand if u pulled that drive shaft out of your behind
anyways....it seems like its the guys with more than a couple thousand postings on this think they run the place.....take it easy.

Quote:
I think your are on drugs, and quite possibly need some math lessons. I have not heard ANYONE claim they got the software for $50.00.

Second, you just said you paid $224.00 for stage I software, are you making any sense?

If you don't have stage I or stage II, and you have stage II installed, then you pay what I paid.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #11
L84THSKY

I doubt you would get your money back, but hey, you can always ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebimma View Post
Are you at all happy with the results...is it possible to get your money back if you dont want it anymore?

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 09-01-2006, 04:35 AM   #12
L84THSKY

So in the end, you paid for Stage I what I paid for Stage 1 & II. Who did you say got ripped off?

Quote:
I think u may be the one on drugs buddy....I am the GUY who started this post, and 100 divided by 2 is $50.....right? u did not mention that you didnt have stage 1 already so i figured you were upgrading from stage 1 to 2....naturally Dinan said that if you upgrade from 1 to 2 it would be $100= the difference-----at 50% OFF that would = $50!!! Pretty easy to understand if u pulled that drive shaft out of your behind
anyways....it seems like its the guys with more than a couple thousand postings on this think they run the place.....take it easy.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 09-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #13
triple t

I just got my car back from Dinan Mountain View. I sent it in to get the free flow exhaust, but since the sale was on I also opted for the Stage 2 software and the CAI. They quoted me 219.45 for the Stage 2 software & labor (that doesn't include tax). In the end, it turns out they don't have the CAI anymore for the 96 Ti, so I didn't bother getting the Stage 2 software. Though I do like the noise the free flow exhaust makes
triple t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:55 AM   #14
L84THSKY

The guy at the dealership I had it done had no issues with installing the stage II without a Dinan CAI. He did say the software is made to work with the Dinan CAI. I said to him, "How does the software know the difference between CAI types"? The CAI just needs to have roughly the same airflow as the Dinan. Either way, he also said it would do no harm going stage II, if even I didn't have a CAI at all.

When I first drove the car, I didn't feel any difference. I took the car straight to a shop for an annual inspection; it failed. The reason being the system needed to go through a few cycles, to get all the system sensors recalibrated. Now, after driving it for a day, the car does feel a bit stronger. I think this software upgrade has made a difference; measured on my butt dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple t View Post
I just got my car back from Dinan Mountain View. I sent it in to get the free flow exhaust, but since the sale was on I also opted for the Stage 2 software and the CAI. They quoted me 219.45 for the Stage 2 software & labor (that doesn't include tax). In the end, it turns out they don't have the CAI anymore for the 96 Ti, so I didn't bother getting the Stage 2 software. Though I do like the noise the free flow exhaust makes

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 09-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #15
Etienne

How much, if any, affect does it have your gas mileage -- in normal driving conditions?

image from: http://www.lasershows.ro/site/ro/graficalaser.htm
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote