318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,864 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Angry Lowballers.

What's with people these days? Are my prices that outrageous? Notice how clean my parts are and how many pictures I post in my listings. Compare mine to some of the other listings, I just don't get it Most of the other people on bf.c are trying to pass off junk for ridiculous prices. Heck, most of them won't even post pictures because they're either too lazy or they know it's junk and they're ashamed of what they're selling.

FWIW, I always offer my stuff to you guys on 318ti.org first because you're like family. The only reason I'm listing these parts on bf.c is because they're off of my M3 and won't fit on our Ti's.

Here's a few examples of some of the crappy offers i've received in the past few days. None of the threads are more than 1 page long, so don't worry it's not a lot of reading:

E36 M3 3.23LSD, guy want's to trade me straight up for a used alternator pulled from the junkyard!
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1231698

M3 brakes, guy wants me to knock $95 off of my $225 asking price!
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1237169

Carbon hood
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1178879

M3 subframe, lowballed by bf.c moderator(at the time my asking price was $250 shipped) then another guy wasted my time and blew a potential sale I had going for the subframe in another section
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1232468

M3 subframe potential sale
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1232490

WTF!!! These listings haven't been lowballed yet, but then again, they haven't received any replies yet either. All in due time I suppose
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1237579
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1237542
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1237552

[/rant] Am I doing something wrong? Are my listings not descriptive enough? Prices unfair? Questions.. Comments.. Suggestions.. Discuss...
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
b.u.ti-ful

You might be hitting a too small audience on a messageboard.

I always do ebay for selling that type of thing.

For the stuff you don't want to ship, you might try craigslist.

Certainly nothing wrong with your prices and photos.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Maverix

Vehicles

You think that's horrible? Try selling a 318ti with hail damage.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
wolferj-RIP

Jess, your prices are more than reasonable, I am afraid that it is just the mindset of the typical bf.c M3/e36 owner... So many are young, arrogant brats...

Unfortunately, with a crappy economy, people think they can offer you pennies on the dollar for good stuff... I read the thread yesterday about the "reasonable trade" of an alternator for a diff... just plain stupid.

My only suggestion is don't let them get you riled up... they are not worth it and your parts are better than they deserve. Just say no to lowballers!

my $.02
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.u.ti-ful View Post
You might be hitting a too small audience on a messageboard.

I always do ebay for selling that type of thing.

For the stuff you don't want to ship, you might try craigslist.

Certainly nothing wrong with your prices and photos.
Thanks for the advice man, I'm gonna put everything on craigslist and possibly ebay. Right now, the hood is listed on craigslist in 3 different places, LA, Ventura and Santa Barbara. Guess what, I'm getting lowball offers from craigslist too, lol!

Here's an ebay auction that I have going on right now, I don't really care how much it sells for, it's just taking up space and I want to get rid of it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220416772429
It's the first thing I've sold on ebay in a while, I quit selling when they raised their fees.

I'm probably going to list some other stuff as well, I have a really nice Harman Kardon home audio receiver(actually I have 3 of them, but I only need one) and a MINT condition M3 steering wheel that I might list. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely do that
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
b.u.ti-ful

I just picked up a Harmon Kardon receiver and sold the matching turntable on craigslist! Good components!

I made this for you:

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
You think that's horrible? Try selling a 318ti with hail damage.
Lol, I feel ya Joey. I was gonna call you the other night and mess with ya, but I ended up at a party and forgot. FWIW, you might try writing the price and your phone number on the back window with a window marker and park it downtown for a day or so. I sold my Avus Blue 318ti that way in a matter of minutes, less than 30! By the time I made it back to my house on my bicycle, my phone was blowin up The clubsport took a couple weeks, needed a lot of TLC before I was ready to let her go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
Jess, your prices are more than reasonable, I am afraid that it is just the mindset of the typical bf.c M3/e36 owner... So many are young, arrogant brats...

Unfortunately, with a crappy economy, people think they can offer you pennies on the dollar for good stuff... I read the thread yesterday about the "reasonable trade" of an alternator for a diff... just plain stupid.

My only suggestion is don't let them get you riled up... they are not worth it and your parts are better than they deserve. Just say no to lowballers!

my $.02
Thanks James, I agree with you on so many levels. The economy sucks right now and I'm all for trying to help someone save a buck and fix their car up. But some of these little jerks, errrr... They just can't see a good deal if it landed on their nose!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.u.ti-ful View Post
I just picked up a Harmon Kardon receiver and sold the matching turntable on craigslist! Good components!

I made this for you:
Hahaha OUCH!!!

Yeah, harman kardon rocks! I have 2 mint condition Signature 2.0 receivers(paid full pop for one, couldn't pass up the deal on the other) a Signature 2.1 amp, 4 JBL Studio Series s-312's in Beech finish, 1 JBL S-center, a kardon 5 disc changer, an old but mint kardon AVR65 receiver and about half a grand worth of wires, cables and connectors. I'm remodeling my theater room right now, can't wait to get everything hooked back up again.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
wolferj-RIP

I completely agree with B.u.ti-ful...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple master
I told you I need my father's truck. An hr and an half is far for me to drive at night. Especially when I dont have a gps. How am I suppose to fit a hood in my BMW? I am not gonna just strap on top of my car with string. The reason you still have this is because you are rude to potential buyers. As longs as its cheap someone will buy it right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76
Not being rude, just stating the facts. It's simple, drive up here hoodless, go home in style. My offer still stands until midinght tonight, I told you 240 if you pick it up THIS week, tomorrow is NEXT week. I hold true to my word, unlike the numerous people who have flaked on me so far
Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
and a MINT condition M3 steering wheel that I might list.
pics? I'll give you $50 and a button shipped

tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
pics? I'll give you $50 and a button shipped

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1238211

Just for you
Old 05-24-2009, 04:54 AM   #13
marleymon

I wish I could get that hood over here. I totally understand you not wanting much to do with shipping. However if you have a minute to stop by a body shop near by, you could possibly find a box, tip pads, and maybe even sticky sided bubble to help ready the hood for UPS. If the shop is real close, maybe even leave your # and I guarantee you'll have a feebie in less than a week. Really- when I was at a collision shop in A2 I couldn't believe the cardboard! It's unbelievable the amount of cardboard we recycled. Once boxed, it's boxed! Note the demesions and weight, and bookmark the uPS site for quick ship quotes as they roll in. You can stash it aside and wait for someone to pay for the part/shipping and add $20 (or not) for your time. Also- insurance added is a no brainer- then once you have it picked up/dropped off...everything is outta your hands- if UPS smokes it- it's on them! I'm just saying shipping, once you get the part boxed, isn't that bad.

...can you tell I need a hood? I'd pay shipping if reasonable. I know UPS to our business wouldn't be that bad. We have a freight account also with UPS.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 AM   #14
Maverix

Vehicles

Jess, one thing I've learned is, you can go to a furniture store, and ask them if they can ship an furniture over cross state. Then ask them what company they use. Then google them. If the furniture store has their own private shipping, then go to a different store until you find one that's open for free trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Lol, I feel ya Joey. I was gonna call you the other night and mess with ya, but I ended up at a party and forgot. FWIW, you might try writing the price and your phone number on the back window with a window marker and park it downtown for a day or so. I sold my Avus Blue 318ti that way in a matter of minutes, less than 30! By the time I made it back to my house on my bicycle, my phone was blowin up The clubsport took a couple weeks, needed a lot of TLC before I was ready to let her go
Lol I wish you did call. It would've made my day xD
Btw, I'm guessing you got that "m" logo with tape, and you used the marker on top of it.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #15
cooljess76

Honestly guys, the hood is worth about 300 bucks. It should be re-clearcoated. They sell new for $450-500, so shipping would almost make it not worth it.

Edit; nah, I did the ///M freehand. The ///stripes started out just as a solid block and I used my fingernail to scrape lines between them. You didn't know I'm an artist? http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19930