Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 2,026 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 AM   #16
twentysixknots

Default Woox

Thanks -
1. It's the stock head unit that came with the 98 318ti. I don't know if I can find any more info than that, but I'll look at it closer tomorrow.
2. I'm installing the WOOX, which has a built in amplifier and a wired remote.
3. Just the one Woox to get some more bass - will that work ok?

I don't know if I gave you enough to go on. Let me know if not.
Thanks again for your help. I haven't had time to look at it yet.
twentysixknots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:22 AM   #17
tonymasone

it should be ok, i don't know if the built in amp has a "low pass filter" but you need that basically it only sends bass frequency to the speaker and no high, therefore making the speaker sound better by doing what it does best, make bass not high treble

My 318ti
tonymasone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 AM   #18
clex2

Follow the instructions from the Woox. Your factory HU does not have RCA outs, just speaker level outs to the speakers themselves. Therefore, according to the instructions, you will need to tap into the rear speaker wires (both sides)for the speaker level input to the woox (there is a specific harness for this included with the Woox). Run the wires under the rear hatch carpet.

You will also need to run the remote wire and power/on wires to the front of the car. This requires you to remove the rear seat and drivers side rear side bolster to access the cable path to the front. You can slip wires in under the plastic trim running over the door sill carpet. Remove the underside of the drivers dash and also the glove box. You can put the remote in the cubby hole in front of the ashtray (double sided tape into position). the remote wire will squeeze in between the a/c control panel and the lower center console. You don't have to cut anything. Wire up the power and on signal wires to the appropriate wires (A Bentely manual helps you identify wires by their colors). That should do it. And yes, one subwoofer is enough. Our ears cannot spacially separate low frequencies (below 60 Hz), so there is no such thing as Stereo subwoofers for humans.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #19
Elchocador

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymasone View Post
Tell me the following...

1) What is your head unit (the cd player up front) I need a specific model to help a lot
2) What kind of amp do you have for the subs? another needed model to help out
3) How many subs are you putting in the trunk

let me know those 3 things and i can tell you exactly what you will need.
I just installed a new pioneer head unit. Wired it in. I'm looking for a little more bass also. The woox looks cool and may work well. How/where do you wire it in too. Do you tap the bmw amp in the back???

I just want a little more "tight" bass, not the boomer stuff. I'm unclear on how to wire it in.
Elchocador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #20
anthony318ti

Vehicles

Change out your stock subs for some aftermarket ones. They are located just beside your feet on both driver and passenger sides. If you want a bit more midrange change out the two low pass speakers at the back left and right side of the back seats. But nice subs would do it nicely hehehehe

"If the world turns it's back on you, grab it by the hips and pound the crap out of it"
anthony318ti is offline   Reply With Quote