318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,989 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Default Somebody Hacked My Youtube Account

Well someone hacked my youtube account. Got an email from youtube saying my account was compromised and password was reset. Followed my own "secure" link to youtube and tried to log in and no go. Tried to reset password and it looks like the fcuker changed my email address so the password reset goes to a unknown (to me) email address.

Now I'm waiting for youtube staff to regain control of my account so I can start posting video when I get some...hopefully soon...

This sucks big time...I have some unique computer skills but can't do a damn thing to track down who did this and get even...This just plain sucks

My only hope is they leave the hacker email address in there and give me a password, if he/she/it was dumb enough to not spoof the email and hide behind proxies it's game on with multiple attacks from everywhere

I'm so mad I'm not going for simple take your account childs play, I'm going to use their computer to attack important **** Try explaining that one A-hole
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
tiFreak

Vehicles

that sucks, hopefully you can find a real nasty virus to send to him
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
bmvw

I'd scan my computer closely, and change all my online passwords anyway, unless you're absolutely positive they got your password thru Youtube. It's very rare a major site gets hacked, and much more common there is a keylogger or trojan silently broadcasting everything you do online.
bmvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmvw View Post
I'd scan my computer closely, and change all my online passwords anyway, unless you're absolutely positive they got your password thru Youtube. It's very rare a major site gets hacked, and much more common there is a keylogger or trojan silently broadcasting everything you do online.
Thanks for the advise but I'm keen to these games. I reviewed all incoming and outgoing packets for 24hrs and found nothing out of line. Manually went through all processes, nothing. Ran my own SS#, password, CC# finder on my computer, nothing (not one password or anything on this computer). Finally scanned multiple, nothing. I keep my stuff clean and well protected but I know there are children way smarter then me.

I hate to say this but I broke the basic rule on password creation and that's why it most like was an easy target.

Maybe no one hacked it and youtube just screwed up

added: got me thinking. I have logged in at work and I know their security is not favorable. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a trojan logging there?

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 09-11-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
I hate to say this but I broke the basic rule on password creation and that's why it most like was an easy target.
did you use the word "password"?

it's possible they got it from the work computer, especially if their security sucks
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
did you use the word "password"?

it's possible they got it from the work computer, especially if their security sucks
Nope that is used on all new computer installs and new routers and must be changed immediated before the setup and No I didn't use "God" which is the most used password by IT professionals and software developers.

I got control back yesterday and found nothing changed so I assume no one tried to hack my U-tube account. It is secured now.

Funny thing is after I posted I was logging incoming and outgoing I got probed 3 times incoming from a proxy same day. Nothing big feble attempts at port scans. Funny part is the internal they scaned was my Wii which is the only DM zone internal on my network, F'en amature.

All quiet yesterday, I dropped a windows computer in the DM zone if someone wants to play

PS ~ Any players that want in the computer that has all the DME firmware & Damos/A2L files will need to break into my house with a USB stick...I don't have that one connected to the network for obvious reasons
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
b.u.ti-ful

What do you do for a living? Programmer?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.u.ti-ful View Post
What do you do for a living? Programmer?
I've had the same job for the last 13 years, I'm VP over the South East US quadrent for the 18th largest apartment/condo management company in the US. I started when the company was small and helped build it to what it is today.

Computers ~ I started programming when the language was "basic" (80's) and stopped mid 90's. I have A+, N+ and MCSE certifications which I got by exam only no classes in 2002 (worthless certs). I have a special skill set involving smart cards (hexidecimal) which helps with BMW DME's. Micro soldering skills too. I don't hack but give pay back to the ones I can....There are many way smarter then me so I keep the important stuff unplugged

Dean's list until 10th grade drop out (long story but had no choice). Have GED. Welding deg up to over-head, first responder & paramedic 1 deg, EPA HVAC universal cert.

That's my life story
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
b.u.ti-ful

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post

That's my life story
Good story!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #10
amancuso

Is it possible that initial email you got was a "fishing" phony email in order to get your password account info to begin with?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Is it possible that initial email you got was a "fishing" phony email in order to get your password account info to begin with?
Does not matter I never use links in any email for fear of "phishing". I've been in this game way too long to give away my information, if you want it you got to steal it. I used my normal links and my account password was changed. Did a password recover and email was changed too so I could not get a password. Emailed youtube support directly they straighten it out. I investigated the original email I got and the whois looked authentic however that can be spoofed by someone who is in the "know". No good hits for days...patiently waiting for "you" to come in and play again.

I promiss I will lube up before I stick it all the way in
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
budget76

Man, I was just playing a joke on you Why'd ya have to get me in trouble with youtube

1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget76 View Post
Man, I was just playing a joke on you Why'd ya have to get me in trouble with youtube

I highly doubt it is a regular on this board. I assume the youtube was a glitch on their end. I do know the port scan directed at my ip through my router's DM zone were intentional. Question is who scans the ports of a Wii gaming system or who even goes for the DM zone.

Could be a friend messing with me sitting at home laughing everytime I reply to this thread. Could be I'm paronoid and loosing it, some damn 7 year old tried to break in and steal my Mii Wii charactor, you know the 42 year old guy that is goofy looking. I need to take my meds...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #14
budget76

Haha I agree that I highly doubt its anyone here. Hell, what good is hacking a youtube account?

Heck, couldn't be me. I have NO idea WTF you're jabbering about with port scans and DM zones That might as well be spanish for me; definitely not computer savvy. Glad you got it figured out though. Can't wait to see some vids (after your suspension is over, of course)
1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #15
xxxJohnBoyxxx

I'm going to let this thread die.

Any files for coding the Motronic 5.2 are not connected to any network at my house. If you fall in a trap, well then we will see where it goes

I'm done with my keyboard threats