318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 96,579 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 59,586 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 56,913 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 131,957 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Default Anyone have their DASC installed yet?

I'm just curious if anyone that participated in the group buy got their DASC installed yet? First impressions? Please share with everyone how the installation went, if you had any problems and how it feels now compared to stock.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I think there has been a couple of post from people who have gotton it installed. I don't recall names but there was one or two people.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
ZX12R

i just started mine 2day,im in the middle of it,its not to bad but i had to polish the inside of the dasc manifold the castings were very rough.and the supercharger bolts were a drilled to close to the supercharger so i had to dremil them out a little so i could fit the torque wrench on them.and i decided to clen the fuel injectors out they were very dirty. some im in to it about 7 hours so far,im going to try and finish up 2maro,but im just takeing my time so i dont have to do anything over,but it really isnt that bad pretty straight forward.
ZX12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
HuGo

Honestly, it doesnt feel like im going to fast but i know i am cuz the rpms are climing quicker. It doesnt feel like it but i am, i was just ripping it up for a good 30 mins. Testing it and what not. I went to a lot of places that i drive daily and tested when i climb hills and what not. But yea for sure its more power. I love the sound my car is making. Its making a different kind of sound that i have heard of (from ppl with the dasc). When im driving normal shifting at 4k rpms it sounds like its stock, when i throttle it, that noise pops in, i love the sound. I had heads turn to my car when they heard the sound. The CEL light came on, im thinking because that DISA sensor isnt plugged in?

I need to remove the governor cuz when i hit 120 it felt like my engine stopped working. I guess it stopped giving fuel. On the gauge, it stays on the vac. side and doesnt jump over to the psi side, why?

After driving it for a while, i started smelling burnt but the temp was in the middle. I open the hood and noticed a little bit of oil on the engine cover. Not sure if when my dad did the oil change a lil fell on it or its coming out from somewhere. Tommorow morning i will dry up the engine cover and when i get to school, im going to open the hood again to see if more oil came out again.

I need to see how much power im pushing so im going to race my cousin again. Last time we raced we were dead even, so i just want to compare how much farther and faster im getting at now.

Next im going to track time it and do a dyno when theres a dyno day. I hope i am hitting 190 torque or 190 rwhp as some people get it. If its 190 rwhp, how much is that in HP like the dealership announces? Ex. M3 is 240 hp but at the wheels its like 196 or something like that?

Anyway, im happy with it and who knows what ill do next with the TI.

P.S. You guys still pissed off at meh?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
HuGo

I woke up open the hood and cleaned the engine cover. When i got to school, i opened the hood and it looks like their was a little bit of oil splash on top of the spark plug cover?

When i was driving it, it felt to me like the car is still stock. Im not sure if im just not noticing it or what. Im not sure if this helps but the vac. reads 18 when idle. Im not sure if the car is stock, the vac. will also read 18? I assume it's on correctly or else how would i be able to drive the car around. As for the boost, it doesnt read at the psi side at all. Ill take a picture of where we did the bypass for the tube. Well hopefully ill get to dyno it soon and well see if its just not me not noticing. Or maybe i just have to get used to it more. Ill find out for sure when i leave from school and i climb the daily hill. (im at school now)

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
mohaughn

Definitely sounds like you don't have it setup right. The difference should be very noticable. And you definitely shouldn't be spitting oil... It will sound different with a SC, you will hear it spin up when you get on the throttle... Different sound than a turbo spooling up.

Quote:
M3 is 240 hp but at the wheels its like 196 or something like that?
I've seen dyno's as high as 215 on stock M3's.

I'd be suprised if you hit 190 with only the DASC... The one on understeer hit 191 with flywheel, exhaust, etc...
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Your bypass valve is hooked up wrong or stuck open. Vacuum = open.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Your bypass valve is hooked up wrong or stuck open. Vacuum = open.
Ill send you pics of the system later dusten. See what you see good or wrong from your point of view. I should try a 0-60. And i dont know why the engine spits oil, the cap is closed down. And the temperature isnt over heating so idk.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
Ill send you pics of the system later dusten. See what you see good or wrong from your point of view. I should try a 0-60. And i dont know why the engine spits oil, the cap is closed down. And the temperature isnt over heating so idk.
The best thing to do is always run it to redline when you are obviously having problems and oil leaks.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 11-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #10
HuGo

Ok i did a run with my cousin. He was in the car with me. He weights 195 pounds. 0-60 i did 8.1 secs.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #11
HuGo

Something is def. wrong. I saw on the net that stock does 8.9 secs. It doesnt show boost. I hardly feel it any stronger than stock. I dont know what to do?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 11-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #12
HuGo

Im not sure if the check valve has to do with anything with air flow or stopping? I dont know if this helps but, i turned on my car and my engine heated up to half way in less than 2 minutes. And i know the gauge works cuz the needle moves, but it doesnt go over to the boost side. And the car feels the same when i last drove it, i dont see a difference at all (well right now) What do i gotta check for?

We also didnt plug in that DISA sensor cuz the thing is big. Im not sure if that has something to do with it? And also, the thing is some what the size of my hand, not sure if it could be taken apart just to have the connector part?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #13
Panzer_M

Most of these installs are ODB II M44s? Just wondering?
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #14
FATHER

Pictures???

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #15
ZX12R

well i finished my kit 2 day 10 hours more so it took me a total of 17 hours,but i had a few problems,the new idler pulley didnt fit the bolt was to big for the pulley and spacer so it wasent machined right,so i just used the old pulley,then the prv valve wasent sealing it was warped so i put a oring in there to seal it up.and the afm and air filter brackets wernt even close to fiting.so i had to make my own ,and the wires to the afm were to short,and the long vacum line was way to short ,and there wasent enough loctight,so i had to make a few trips to the auto parts store,but once all that was done, i fired it up and it purred just fine and idled and reved up great.didnt have time to test drive though cause i got done so late.
ZX12R is offline   Reply With Quote