10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,006,931 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 02-24-2005, 04:45 AM   #1
nick_hegel

Default Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Anybody know where I could get some drilled and slotted rotors for the REAR set?? I tried eBay and got screwed on a set for a 318I which are quite larger. I need a set before I put on the back set of stainless lines.
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
Old 02-24-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
mischief

im looking to upgrade my ti calipers to a m3 how much you want for the rotors
Old 02-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #3
96cali

Bav Auto sells what you are looking for. Balo and ATE make them for Bavauto and the pair I have is still straight after 15 months. Also there seem to be a lot more rotor vendors on ebay. This one is close to me so I could check them out if you need to ahead of time:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...955783080&rd=1

It's not the auction you're looking for but I'm 99% sure they've offered F/R packages for the ti.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #4
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief
im looking to upgrade my ti calipers to a m3 how much you want for the rotors
So, you want my old rear rotors???? If thats what you mean, probably about 80 bucks. They are BMW oem rotors that I put on back in November or December, so they are in great condition still. Anywhere I can find more pics of your car. That thing is wicked looking!!!!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
aceyx

i've mentioned this in other threads but the OE rotors from the dealer are inexpensive and carry the 1-year warranty. to be honest, i think they would run under $80 new for a set.

as far as drilled/slotted goes, it's all marketing bs and you're paying for a look and potentially exposing yourself to stress cracks (though likely not on the rear).

additionally, if you're warping rotors, you may want to invest in a torque wrench and check the lug bolts every once in a while (especially if you get it changed at a non-bmw shop / generic tire store). +/- 5 ft-lbs out of spec can warp the rotors pretty fast, not to mention torque inconsistent over the wheel.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:16 AM   #6
gooten1

I change my own tires...I am pretty sure I don't torque them all down the same...

If you find a site that sells the slotted rotors, let me know. I want to upgrade, but want to keep the OE BMW wheels.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooten1
If you find a site that sells the slotted rotors, let me know. I want to upgrade, but want to keep the OE BMW wheels.
or just see my post above.

In space, and the internet, no one can hear you scream......

Old 02-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
madfronter

I think its a waste of money to put drilled and or slotted rotors on your everyday driver car. They'll wear out your pads so much faster. You'll be spending more for the rotors and you'll have to replace the pads more often too. Unless your gonna race your car I don't think it's worth it.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx
i've mentioned this in other threads but the OE rotors from the dealer are inexpensive and carry the 1-year warranty. to be honest, i think they would run under $80 new for a set.

as far as drilled/slotted goes, it's all marketing bs and you're paying for a look and potentially exposing yourself to stress cracks (though likely not on the rear).

additionally, if you're warping rotors, you may want to invest in a torque wrench and check the lug bolts every once in a while (especially if you get it changed at a non-bmw shop / generic tire store). +/- 5 ft-lbs out of spec can warp the rotors pretty fast, not to mention torque inconsistent over the wheel.
The OE rotors I got from the dealer cost about 130-140 total. To be honest I don't believe it's marketing bs, but I appreciate your OPINION. A friend of mine had stock rotors on a 89 Acura Legend(I know its a Bimmer website) once we put on stainless lines he destroyed his rotors and pads the next day. I'm just looking to avoid a similar situation. I'm not warping rotors like I said in the first post, I am putting on stainless lines. Also I was looking for a spot to buy rotors, not your opinions.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #10
aceyx

don't take it personally man, i just meant to dispel the many myths surrounding drilled/slotted rotors.

and yes, it's opinion . . . supported by physics.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #11
nick_hegel

I didn't mean to sound pissed off. But this is the WTB Section, I'd rather not have your facts/opinions here. Just looking for help on finding a website or vendor.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:30 PM   #12
96cali

Nick- just saw these on ebay. Zinc plated too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...958806666&rd=1

Old 03-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #13
marcus2116

ill sell you mine
Old 03-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
motorsport

www.thepartsbin.com pretty good spot they have zimmerman disc and free shipping, also www.thetirerack.com has good prices on brakes, you can compare prices. If you are going for upgraded brakes I would go with ceramic pads, or at least premium grade, it makes a HUGE difference with the amount of brake dust you got all over your wheels.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #15
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus2116
ill sell you mine
How much? and are they new??
Closed Thread