318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > Great Lakes - US

Notices

Great Lakes - US General discussion and questions in IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
Yesterday 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 318,962 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,097,377 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #166
Csvt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...k/DSC02745.jpg
Csvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #167
Csvt

http://www.uploadhut.com/upload/177683.mpg??
Ross in his 318 driving by
Csvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:44 PM   #168
m44ic

mickD that meet was a fun time, there were some sweet cars there. CSVT posted some pics and a video, check it out
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #169
mickd

Hey m44ic, the pic of your car looks great. Your exhaust sounded great live, and on the video. I had a great time too.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:27 AM   #170
mickd

I posted some pics of our Madison get together on BF.C http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...14#post4470514
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 AM   #171
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44ic
my bud has the SSR competitions 17x8 on his 240, they are damn light
yeah, i may have to get a set of those eventually. have to see how well maintained the denver roads are first.

Quote:
Eric nice to see you on here, how is the new pad and Denver?
haven't moved yet, but very soon! we arranged for a duplex that's literally a half a mile from where she'll be working so she can walk or ride her bike most of the time (she hates driving - which means when we do drive somewhere i get to drive ). 1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage (not attached, but about 10 ft to the back door), all appliances, built in 2004. should be ok for a year until we get a house. thanks for asking

looks like you guys had fun!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:53 AM   #172
m44ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
yeah, i may have to get a set of those eventually. have to see how well maintained the denver roads are first.

haven't moved yet, but very soon! we arranged for a duplex that's literally a half a mile from where she'll be working so she can walk or ride her bike most of the time (she hates driving - which means when we do drive somewhere i get to drive ). 1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage (not attached, but about 10 ft to the back door), all appliances, built in 2004. should be ok for a year until we get a house. thanks for asking

looks like you guys had fun!
sweet, Im glad to see that things are working out for you. the meet was a blast there were some sweet cars there, we all ended up driving by just so everyone could hear everyones car, like in the vid above. well keep in touch
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Old 06-28-2005, 06:11 AM   #173
cali-ti
aka Stabby

dammit ... i can't get to "www.uploadhut.com"! what exhaust do you have? i have the same as mike (supersprint), but mine's still breaking in.

i'm really having fun with the suspension mods and LSD at least people don't give me grief for no driver's side mirror any more, lol. don't worry, i'll stay in touch. i'll still be on here givin' you guys grief (have to keep my mileage up to date in my sig too.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 06-29-2005, 01:12 AM   #174
m44ic

Quote:
dammit ... i can't get to "www.uploadhut.com"! what exhaust do you have? i have the same as mike (supersprint), but mine's still breaking in.

i'm really having fun with the suspension mods and LSD at least people don't give me grief for no driver's side mirror any more, lol. don't worry, i'll stay in touch. i'll still be on here givin' you guys grief (have to keep my mileage up to date in my sig too.
the funny thing about that vid is that everyone thought I had exhuast, but it was really just the loud ass growling my CAI makes when I get on it.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 AM   #175
cali-ti
aka Stabby

lol ... maybe i can actually get to that URL today then i can check out your growling intake

EDIT: ok, i got in! lol ... i like the comment, "wow, that's all engine!" i guess that's what it sounds like when you strip all the sound deadening from the hood

Old 06-29-2005, 05:21 AM   #176
m44ic

Quote:
lol ... maybe i can actually get to that URL today then i can check out your growling intake

EDIT: ok, i got in! lol ... i like the comment, "wow, that's all engine!" i guess that's what it sounds like when you strip all the sound deadening from the hood
yeah, for just intake its loud as hell, probably cuz I removed the MAF screens and cuz of the heat shield must make it louder.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:07 AM   #177
m44ic

cali-ti, Ive been meaning to ask you how do you like the 3.73? whats it like on the highway? I really want one but I am worried it will be too short for Highway driving.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:19 AM   #178
cali-ti
aka Stabby

depends on how fast you normally drive. i was getting to the point where i was cruising regularly at 80mph @ around 3750 RPMs. the acceleration is definitely quicker and i've been partaking in that quickness more often than i used to (decreasing my fuel economy in the face of rising fuel prices ... OH WELL! lol). cruising at 80mph now puts it around 4000 RPMs or a little higher, which has actually pushed me more towards cruising at 75-77mph instead (probably a good thing). the LS vs open is not even a contest, i LOVE the LSD. combined with the rear suspension mods, i love the way it hooks up and carves the corners. if NOTHING else, at least get a 3.45 LSD out of a club sport. if you're planning an engine swap later, you may want to wait on a diff swap (so you can pick an appropriate ratio for the swap you do). i guess even considering that, put in a large case diff (i would recommend bmw reman'd e30 halfshafts over used though if it's a daily driver) and then you can always swap for another large case diff with your preferred ratio when you do the swap.

on my way home tonight, i even ran it up past 100mph a couple times and the acceleration from 80 or so was still pretty damn quick ... i don't much do that speed or higher so it works for me

Old 07-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #179
m44ic

well guys I hate to say it but I might be leaving the 318 community soon but not the BMW community, I am selling my car and looking for my dream car, 96 M3 coupe.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:12 AM   #180
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
well guys I hate to say it but I might be leaving the 318 community soon but not the BMW community, I am selling my car and looking for my dream car, 96 M3 coupe.
why specifically a 96?