318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > eBay and Craig's list listings

Notices

eBay and Craig's list listings Listings of interest or amusement.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 95,680 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 58,618 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 56,040 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 130,941 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
BloodNinja

Question Future of my Ti??

I have owned my 96 318ti for a little over 3 years, I have fallen in love with the ti's BUT its to a point where i either need to sell it before everything breaks or fork up some cash and make it back into the beauty it was.... I came across this just messing around the other day http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1278979376.html the guy lives 20 miles from me so its not that hard to look at... 328ti... the motor he says doesnt start up b.c of fuel lines or fuel pump but will start with starting fluid.. I've talked him down on the price I am going to go look at it this tomorrow (Wednesday July 22nd). I am semi mechanically inclined (do all the work on my car) but have never done an engine swap. I have the tools to do this but not the knowledge for trouble shooting... Long story short even talked down alot the car has NO TITLE and NO GUARANTEE that the engine when dropped (its already modified for Ti) in my daily driver will start up!!!.Butttt it would be a 328ti plus I could fix all the minor things breaking in my car with the extra parts....I just don't know..with school starting i will have a lot of time to work on it. Ohhh and i would give 318ti.org first dibs on parts Sorry about any rush but please get back to me ASAP. My local beemer club doesn't meet until Thursday so it will be to late to ask them.. -Parker
BloodNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Xenocide

that car was never made in 2000, sketchy. Those parts are not worth that much either.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
BloodNinja

Yeahhh they guy has no idea about ti'S...He just bought this as a project car and then bought something else. Says the car was first sold in Mexico..So it doesnt have a title or is even registered as a car (IT DOESNT EXIST!) BUT back to the motor...What do you guys think?
BloodNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
96cali

It has a 1999 sterring wheel and airbags in the doors. It is probably a late '99 run and he assumed it's a 2000. As for the motor, if it's an M52 2.8, nothing special. Hard to verify it has 50k miles given his misrepresentation of the year. Does it run?

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
hotmilk400

no title means car was stolen like 99% of the time.

If your buying the car from a person that doesn't have the title and does not have access to the original or previous owner then chances are, your getting scammed. You can call the local DMV with the VIN # of the vehicle and they may or may not tell you who the previous owners were. If you have already paid for the car, then it will be up to you to find the original owner and have them send an application for lost title and it costs $33.00. If you haven't bought the car yet, I would suggest that you try and find the original owner before handing over any cash.

The most common reason for a car to be sold without the title is in the case of a car which is actually owned by a third party lien holder, like a bank. In this case, the seller should ideally pay the loan and then sell the car, but when this is not an option, the seller can arrange for the sale of the car, while the lienholder transfers the title. In a situation where this occurs, it may be beneficial to carry out the transaction in the office of the leinholder, to ensure that it runs smoothly and that there are no problems in the future

you'll just need to swing it by the state patrol and have them inspect it. You'll need to call them to make an appointment by leaving a message with them and specific times you're available to come by. They'll call you back and let you know when they are able to book it.
After the inspector looks it over and verifies that it has a clean title (or had one), you'll get a slip that you can then take to any licensing department (where you'd get tabs and such)

if it was stolen, which is probally is, since there is a "i need this gone in 5 days, i have no title, and this car never was made in the USA" i mean.. wft.. haha.. they never made a 328ti in the USA, and i did not know they were in mexico either.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THE ABOVE. if they car is stolen, and you are found to have it, YOU WILL GOTO JAIL. he could aslo sell you the car, and report it stolen after you buy it. then they will take the car from you, and you would be out the money. also, the bank could own the car, and he might want to sell it becuase he owes on it and they will repo it nomatter who has it.

DONT DO IT UNLESS YOU CAN GET THE ORIGINAL TITLE, or you take it to DMV..

this has cregslist SCAM written ALLLL OVER IT>

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #6
tiFreak

Vehicles

I'm late to the party but by now I'm sure you get it, either don't buy the car, or do it very carefully to make sure everything's legit
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #7
b.u.ti-ful

I would try to get the price lower than a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut pardner.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
Marv17

i would get a tow truck and sneak in there at night and hitch it. take off full throttle and bone the F*** outta there since it has no title/slip. Shoot if it doesnt exist then stealing it would be easy. haha. then strip it down asap. and scrap the metal in pieces so you can't even recognize it was even a car.
shady but hey what the heck.

if not, then make sure the car isnt stolen and legit.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
666 toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
that car was never made in 2000, sketchy. Those parts are not worth that much either.
26.01.2000 is the date of 1st registration on my logbook and mine is a v plate..
Old 07-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
spidertri

Vehicles

In the US...the last year for the ti was 1999. Europe got them in 2000.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
bullmand

If the car was originally Mexican, it could conceivably be a 2000. If you're in communication with the owner all you have to do is ask him to check the build date on the sticker on the driver side door sill. Also see if he'll give you the VIN and at least run a Carfax on it to see what comes up. As long as it's not stolen and you just want the engine and never plan to register or resell it I think you would be alright.