03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 132,405 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
iammagnus

Default s52 & ///M swapped 95 Ti 9k OBO

Ok so here it is. My 95 318ti is up for sale I dont drive it much since I have a company vehicle and I think I want to start on a new project.

Alot of people ask if this car has a rebuilt title. It does NOT have a rebuilt title. Title is clear.

There is so much that went into this car and so much to list that I GAURANTEE I will miss something but I will do my best.

The car originally started life as a shell it was hit in the front and the PO started to part it out so it was literally a chassis. It had been repainted hellrot by the previous owner and was already a 5 speed it was perfect for the build.

So I took it to one of the local shops in my area who are known to specialize in Euro's and especially BMW's. I wanted it to literally be a mini M3. This Ti is literally one of the cleanest Ti I have ever seen. Keep in mind this is NOT a show car it has minor chips and dings like any other daily driven 15 year old car.

lots of people ask who did the work and some specific and technical questions that I can only answer to the best of my knowledge since I only pretend to be a mechanic. I called them and they were more than willing to answer any specific question anybody might have. Here is a link with their info http://www.moonlitemotorwerks.com/service

engine/mods
S52 with obd1 swap 90k on the motor
UUC underdrive pulleys
pink? injectors
3.5 maf w/tune
K&n intake
OBD1 intake manifold
3.45 LSD (small diff)
SS rep headers w/custom midpipe and silverline muffler
SS clutch line

Brakes
front ///M brakes with Zimmerman xdrilled rotors and PBR pads.
rears stock Ti (brand new rear pads and rotors literally have maybe 50 miles on them)
SS brake lines

Exterior
///M mirrors
///M bumper
///M sideskirts
///M moldings
99 nosepanel and grills (I think it looks a little more updated)
OEM Euro tails & corners
ZKW glass headlights and fogs with dropin hid kits
real euro plate

Interior
ENTIRE M3 dash swap with !WORKING OBC, Gauge, cluster, and digi HVAC!
Black Vaders with matching black leather rear seat
99 ///M steering wheel
Mcoupe oval rearview mirror (I think it looks better than the blocky e36 rearview mirror)

Suspension
Bilstein PSS coilover kit (basically brand new the suspension has approx 300 miles on it.) here is a link to anpther thread on this site with me asking questions about Ti suspensions just to give you an approx time stamp on how fresh this suspension really is http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33602

all control arms and bushings replaced
Z3 steering rack (forgot how many turns it is but its the desirable one)
KMAC camber plates w/fresh lineup

General maintaince and upkeep
So much to list I gaurantee i'll forget something remember this car was literally a shell and its now a up and running car I replaced as much of the little things to keep it 100% as I went.
If you know Ti you know they have major window problems so all window seals as well as clips and window arms replaced.

Entire cooling system is new and replaced
fan delete with lower temp switch
thermostat and water pump in metal housing
cam pos sensor
brand new battery
new plugs
brand new Bosch Icon wipers (those things were like $25 a piece but there really nice)
02 sensor
all gaskets and seal
various window seals
changed oil with Mobil 1 every month (I never drive it so 3k mls would be literally 6 months for me) and a Mahle filter

I know I have forgot so much to include but if you want to check it out the car speaks for itself. I have a bunch of time and money invested in this car it was my baby.

I am well aware that you never get out what you put into most hobbies especially a car my price is a OBO if you dont like my price that is fine remember it is MY car I can ask whatever I want for it please dont be rude and leave ridiculous comments about my price or how much you dont like MY car. Thanks for looking!

ericflowers@comcast.net
610-401-4818 feel free to text or call whenever I'm a night owl so I keep ridiuclous hours. I will be happy to show it to you meet you somewhere give test drives etc.

Last edited by iammagnus; 08-30-2011 at 02:06 AM.
iammagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
maverick

Beautiful, if I was not in the middle of such a mess and had an idea of what my life will be next week I would ride up and have a look...NICE!!!!

Dave
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Vazquezp

Vehicles

how much are you asking for it?
Vazquezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
dahamler

An excellent example of a well sorted swapped Ti, one of the best seen on this site. 9k seems like a very realistic asking price for this car and if it drives as well as it looks in these pics someone will be getting an excellent deal.
What else could anyone buy at this price that provides the same looks, performance and utility?

Does the shell have any rust?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Beautiful, if I was not in the middle of such a mess and had an idea of what my life will be next week I would ride up and have a look...NICE!!!!

Dave
Thanks for the compliment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazquezp View Post
how much are you asking for it?
the price is in the title of the thread. I'm asking 9k OBO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamler View Post
An excellent example of a well sorted swapped Ti, one of the best seen on this site. 9k seems like a very realistic asking price for this car and if it drives as well as it looks in these pics someone will be getting an excellent deal.
What else could anyone buy at this price that provides the same looks, performance and utility?

thank you sir. I was concerned about my asking price I wasnt sure if I went too high or too low. Theres not many other examples out there to compare to.

No rust.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
Platanos

Sexy!! Didn't know you were right down the road from me. I think your price is great for such a clean example. GLWS

Pmed you
Old 08-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Mr.Squeelerz

Wow....still have it! I love this car...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 AM   #8
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
Sexy!! Didn't know you were right down the road from me. I think your price is great for such a clean example. GLWS

Pmed you
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeelerz View Post
Wow....still have it! I love this car...
thanks for the compliments!

I dont even think I got an offer yet from a Ti specific site. I would honestly love to see this car go to another 318 enthusiast. Anybody even have any interesting trades? I would like to get into a4 next pref a b6.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #9
geetarspaz

Vehicles

this is beautiful! if i had the money i'd get it. at least i have a ti though
geetarspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
iammagnus

up
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
runnr548

Vehicles

Awesome car! If we had a car or two less it would be easy to bring it home. Are you interested in any trades?
runnr548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnr548 View Post
Awesome car! If we had a car or two less it would be easy to bring it home. Are you interested in any trades?
what you have in mind for trade? contact me privately
Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #13
cloud9193

I can co-sign this. The car is amazing and runs like a champ. If you're in the market then pick this up cause you can't build a beast like that for 9k

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
cloud9193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
GoTiGo

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9193 View Post
I can co-sign this. The car is amazing and runs like a champ. If you're in the market then pick this up cause you can't build a beast like that for 9k

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I second that, I saw the car in person too at Moonlite Motorwerks!!! GLWS!!
GoTiGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamler View Post

It is the same price range as an actual E36 M3. Although, at 9k you will be taking a gamble on the quality of the M3. If you can find the good deals, you can find one that has the maintenance stuff taken care of at the same price, but I'm willing to guess that most M3's at this price point may not have the same level of maintenance done to them.

I just saw a local 98 M3 with 80k miles for $8,999. Of course, it has a CEL illuminated in one of the pictures, and the car is running, 800RPM on the tach. So if somebody doesn't understand what all of the little maintenance items add up to, they may think the price is steep.

E36 values are taking a beating here recently. 325 and 328's are not really even worth that much more than 5 or 6k, and they have to be pristine at that cost. Pretty much means that for a nice car that is well maintained, you have to hold out for the enthusiast buyer that understands the maintenance record.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote