318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > eBay and Craig's list listings

Notices

eBay and Craig's list listings Listings of interest or amusement.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
Yesterday 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,307,803 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 405,062 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #46
aceyx

I have an old RDSport catalog printed in Italy, dated 4/98 that lists the address as Laguna Hills, CA and specifically notes Racing Dynamics SpA.

It not only includes exterior body parts and suspension kits but the R motors as well (not an easily copied thing).

I'm inclined to believe this is them.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #47
trickiekid

Whats the phone number and does he speak English or Portuguese (my wife speaks it)? Cause my italian is a little non-existant. Sorry if I am being rough, but I could have a fake front in a matter of minutes on the internet.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #48
aceyx

Like I said, the catalog is 10 years old and the phone number is for the old facility. Call 877 RDSPORT.

I imagine that only a few people there will speak Italian, kind of like the folks at BMW NA won't speak German.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #49
thesk8nmidget

take a picture of your store or something

anything simple with hard proof
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #50
weezer

I can clarify a little, but technically Racing Dynamics is no more.....not even in Italy.
I worked for Racing Dynamics in Virginia; they collaborated with one of the original founder of RD, Federico. Federico sold the rights to Electrodyne in 2003 and the factory in Italy has been shut down.
Both RDSport and Racing Dynamics/Electrodyne are getting their products not from Europe, but from Taiwan.
They each have certain rights to the molds and dyes of the original products and have reproduced.
So, my advice to you all, do not buy any RDSport or Racing Dynamics products, period.
I hope this helps.

Fariz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
So Racdyn-usa.com is the fake Racing Dynamics in the states. The Italian RD is now 'RDSport'. Sorry for reiterating it, but I just want to make sure I have it correctly.

Dynamics Racing (949) 325-4100 1 Phaedra,Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
^ That's from RDSport

Racing Dynamics, Inc.
4750 Eisenhower Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
^ That's from Racdyn-usa.com (the fake/replica supplier)

(877) RDSPORT = 877-737-7678
^ Which is from the eBay auction & RDSport's website.

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #51
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

YOU ROCK Fariz!!! Welcome back, long time no post.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #52
elchicano

What about if its used Racing Dynamics products such as the RGQ rims i got and the racing dynamics lips which none of the current RD dealers carry. Before they seperated were Racing Dynamic products as great as people claimed they were?

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #53
thesk8nmidget

yeah the original rd is great and has a great rep.

their products are nothing but quality.

well this all makes sense now. rd is cheap from 03 and on
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #54
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

It's just a plastic apron, so quality shouldn't be an issue since it's made of ABS vs. fiberglass. I doubt they'll let the auction end for under 50 bucks, but who knows. Personally I'd say buy it if you want it and if it doesn't fit right, leave them negative feedback including some of the information found here. Tischer sells OEM M technik sport bumpers and rear diffusers which look much better IMO, but they cost much more. Perhaps you guys could setup a group buy and get them for a better price. Especially since Tischer is a new vendor here, they might be willing to step up to the plate and make a name for themselves. Racing Dynamics is cool, but nothing great enough to get worked up over.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #55
rdsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
I can clarify a little, but technically Racing Dynamics is no more.....not even in Italy.
I worked for Racing Dynamics in Virginia; they collaborated with one of the original founder of RD, Federico. Federico sold the rights to Electrodyne in 2003 and the factory in Italy has been shut down.
Both RDSport and Racing Dynamics/Electrodyne are getting their products not from Europe, but from Taiwan.
They each have certain rights to the molds and dyes of the original products and have reproduced.
So, my advice to you all, do not buy any RDSport or Racing Dynamics products, period.
I hope this helps.

Fariz

I'm afraid Fariz is mis-informing people on the Forum.

Racing Dynamics is still running and still has a heaquaters in Milan.

http://www.racdyn.com/RDSpA_ContactInfo.htm

Anyone is more than Welcome to call any of the contact numbers now.

If you call the Contact number in Italy you can speak with Federico Pavoncelli the owner of RACING DYNAMICS who is currently over there on Business. He is fluent in both English and Italian his 1st language.

If you call the USA number you will speak to me, Ryan. Unfortuantely i'm not Italian but I am from Europe, the United Kingdom.

Fariz worked for Electrodyne, who did buy the rights to Racing Dynamics in the US. The reason for this was that Federico was finding it difficult running companies in different countrys.
Electrodyne started producing there own parts......not Genuine Racing Dynamic parts. When Federico moved to the US he started the RDSport Brand.

The only GENUINE place to get the GENUINE Racing Dynamics and RDSport products is from us:

http://www.racdyn.com/

In the US we sell the RDSport Brand and throughout Europe and Japan we sell Racing Dynamics.

NONE OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN TAIWAN. RACING DYNAMICS AND RDSport PRODUCTS ARE ALL DESIGNED MANUFACTURED AND MADE IN EITHER ITALY OR THE US.

The quality of our products is exceptional.

Any Queries Please Call Us

877 RDSPORT

I will post some photos of all of our stock etc soon.

"Warning to our U.S. and Canadian Customers.

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan, Italy is no longer supplying its products to Electrodyne, Inc. and Racing Dynamics Inc. These companies, both based in Alexandria, Virginia, registered the Racing Dynamics trademark in the U.S. and Canada, and are manufacturing many products that are 1:1 copies of our original designs (such as the Tornado AeroKits, GTR strut braces), as well as promoting the sale of such products on their web sites by using copyrighted images that they illegally downloaded off our site.
Furthermore, customers have consistently reported that personnel at these two companies misrepresent their affiliation with Racing Dynamics S.p.A., as they portray the whole Racing Dynamics group as being one entity, when, in fact, it is not.

They further their misrepresentation by listing their copied products using the same names and acronyms we created for our own original products, such as Tornado, RS2, GTR strut brace, and so on. These business practices are questionable at best, and are in blatant violation of generally accepted business ethics. They also show that these companies, and the individuals behind them, have no respect for the intellectual property of others, and they engage in what is tantamount to theft in order to make a profit. In order to better perpetrate their scam, these two companies and their cronies consistently represent to the inquiring customers that their products are a subset of the complete line manufactured in Europe by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., of Milan, Italy.

This situation has created a lot of confusion amongst BMW owners and our loyal customers alike, as most of them expect Racing Dynamics brand products to be only the ones manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in Europe. They are instead being sold products that are either copies of our original designs, or were never developed by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in the first place.

We apologize for this situation and wish to reiterate to the BMW community that:

any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product. If you are located in the U.S. and Canada, and intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please insist with your retailer that you expect to receive and will only accept RDSportŪ brand products.

If you need any assistance in determining whether the product you intend to purchase is manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. or is a copy, or if you would like to receive a "blacklist" of dealers who are engaging in business transactions with these two companies, please email: genuineornot@racdyn.com or call us toll-free at (866) TO BUY RD."
rdsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #56
rdsport

We will let the Apron go for what ever price the listing ends at.

Hopefully a 318ti Forum Member Wins and can post a Link and tell everyone how great the RACING DYNAMCIS products are!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #57
mohaughn

I do have to ask, why is everybody making such a big deal out of this when you will gladly buy cheaply made knock off OEM products from DDM?

Does it matter if it is real or not if you get a great deal on it? The DDM threads would seem to show that around here, the answer is that it doesn't matter if the price is right.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #58
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport View Post

Electrodyne, who did buy the rights to Racing Dynamics in the US. The reason for this was that Federico was finding it difficult running companies in different countrys.
Electrodyne started producing there own parts......not Genuine Racing Dynamic parts. When Federico moved to the US he started the RDSport Brand.
If this is true, then technically RDSport or Federico do not have the rights to sell or produce Racing Dynamics in the US....period. At least that's how I understood it.
The address in Milan is a house address, as well as in the UK.
The factory that used to be in Milan, has also been shut down.
So, who is really producing Racing Dynamics?
I guess we'll never know.
At least, this is what i know.

Thanks,
Fariz

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #59
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I do have to ask, why is everybody making such a big deal out of this when you will gladly buy cheaply made knock off OEM products from DDM?

Does it matter if it is real or not if you get a great deal on it? The DDM threads would seem to show that around here, the answer is that it doesn't matter if the price is right.
+1 and we in the socal area can visit their offices to confirm and take pictures if necessary.

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #60
rdsport

Federico Pavoncelli is the person that produces the genuine Racing Dynamics / RDSport products.

Please follow link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Dynamics

We DO still have production warehouses in Italy, where our parts are produced.

If someone is located in Orange County they are more than welcome to come to our new headquaters and meet with the REAL RDsport / Racing Dynamics.

RDSport
21 RANCHO CIRCLE
LAKE FOREST
CALIFORNIA
USA

You never know, we might let you have a peak at the new BMW R35 car that we are producing for the Japanese market.

RDSport.