318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,000 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 04-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
snwbrdrbum10

Default almost screwed

Ok, so last night, i got into a race with a 70's proche targa, some punk kid, not unlike myself. He decided to start revvin, so i was like...why not! So we take off and to my suprise i'm in the lead, now, i dont think an experienced driver woulda lost to my 1.9L, even in a 1970's porche targa, but this kid was giving it all,and still losing!!! So we were both about 80+ in a 35mph zone...Next thing i see...blue and red lights...scared the hell outta me. I woulda lost my license for a long time...street racing, speeding, wreckless driving, and so on...But to my amazement, and and thank God. The cop pulled over the Porche...That's right, after him losing to BMW and all. But it still counts as a kill!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

man ... now we have to lecture you like 1996bmw318ti? damn ...

current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
Old 04-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
1996 328ti

Vehicles

You know, you might be better off in the bimmerforums kill forum.
This street racing is just stupid.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Old 04-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
stormos

Sad, V Sad. We still see stupid posts like this after the 1996bmw318ti thread.

Amazes me, Really Does....
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
Old 04-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

People will never learn untill it's too late.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
Calgary98TI

Default Deported

Interesting, there was a guy in Vancouver that was deported back to India after being convicted of dangerous driving while street racing. Just remember there are serious consequences.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
durnadupa

You're kidding right? You have got to be...

This better be a joke.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #8
Calgary98TI

Default No Joke

No joke, he was deported. He was a Canadian immigrant from India, he did not have his citizanship yet. And the law is that if you have or get a criminal record you will be deported. Kind of like the 3 strikes law. There was a lot of attention about it in the press at the time (about 6 months ago).
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
96 3 1 8 ti

Damn it guys, save the racing for a track!
sport model, m3 bumper cover, velocity splitter, AKG shift knob, factory clears, super sprint exhaust, UUC floormats, UUC tranny mounts, UUC clutch bushings, UUC shifter bushings, Powerflex LCABS... replaced with treehouse eyeballs, front sway bar bushings, RTABS, TMS rear shock mounts, Bilsteins, Xbrace, sparco strut brace, AKG subframe bushings, AKG differential mount bushing, M coupe shifter, meyle ball joints and sway bar endlinks
Old 04-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
stormos

Too many f'in idiots these days. It only takes a moment for things to go horribly wrong on the road. Don't mess around!

You won't get sympathy.
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #11
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdrbum10
Ok, so last night, i got into a race with a 70's proche targa, some punk kid, not unlike myself. He decided to start revvin, so i was like...why not! So we take off and to my suprise i'm in the lead, now, i dont think an experienced driver woulda lost to my 1.9L, even in a 1970's porche targa, but this kid was giving it all,and still losing!!! So we were both about 80+ in a 35mph zone...Next thing i see...blue and red lights...scared the hell outta me. I woulda lost my license for a long time...street racing, speeding, wreckless driving, and so on...But to my amazement, and and thank God. The cop pulled over the Porche...That's right, after him losing to BMW and all. But it still counts as a kill!

hhhmmm, now, well i really dont got much to say. No wait Lets see, you get revved up? And you think about out (something like i said) and decide to go with. HHMMMM. WEll gee, im not being sarcastic but, told ya these things happen and you think about your options. Looks like i aint the only one And dont come out with the, im just kidding, i wanted to know what others reactions would be cuz u know u raced.

But hey, oh well it happens. Like i said previously, i dont race every day. And ill explain myself since other got closed. When i race when no one is around, thats street. When i race with minable people on the road, thats highway. In highway, im never towards the on coming ramp lanes, im always to the very left. On Street, i try to be in the left lane. So if someone comes out a street, let them hit the guy racing me. Not me. Dont forget, it isnt mean cuz the other guy is also doing something illegal.

BUt yea, i mean, like i said, people race, it happens, get over it. Just dont hate me for it guys. Its something that happens on your own time and your personal time right. Theres things you guys do that other people dont like, but we going to hate you for it? Lets remember that, thats outside the forums. Can we ad a kills thread? j/k. Thank you for your time guys, and thank you snw.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
AlaskaBlue

Hmm well I had an idiot in a beat up honda dx try to be a real hard street racer today. It was possibly the funniest thing ever.

Well the story goes like this. I was coming up on a clover leaf and I just got my new seats installed and I wanted to see how much support the really had. Well I am going maybe 50 mph around this thing and I started to come up on a really riced out civic you know the deal: no muffler, altezzas, broken aftermarked front bumper, hubcaps, and black tint windows.

Well I am slowing down because he is going fairly slow. He is about 3 car lenghts in front of me and decided to try to brake check me maybe? He locked up the brakes mid corner and starts sliding for a second. Me having 12.5" brakes thought this was mighty funny and idiotic as I slowed down easily and a lot faster than he did. Then I pass him because his car is dead slow as we merge onto the highway he was probably still going about 50, I think he was having trouble getting his speed up after his "brake check".

A few 15 seconds later he flys by on the left in full rice glory! He rolls down his window and yells something about wanting to race. I chuckle a bit to myself and wave him off. Then he tailgates me and once again passes me on the left at full throttle, but it is more loud than actual fast. After he passes me he cuts me off to exit the highway. In conclusion, I thought this persons antics were mighty funny. Except for that fact that he was an idiot and an ass. That is what I do when I encounter "these said things" Maybe some people could learn from this.

How do people wonder why the street racer types get bad reputions? All I have to say is drag stip, auto-x, or track it.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #13
HuGo

well you see. I dont do that to other people. I dont go around looking for the races. What i do do sometimes is, when a guy is being a jerk like that, thinking hes fast and looking at me and dogging me down, i down shift and take off for like a good 10 seconds. They cant catch up, so i stop there. So i just down shift go fast *still speed limit or a little more* and just go for a few seconds, and they cant even catch up. So i completely slow down again and just laugh at them. But they dont even turn to look at me.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #14
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
well you see. I dont do that to other people. I dont go around looking for the races. What i do do sometimes is, when a guy is being a jerk like that, thinking hes fast and looking at me and dogging me down, i down shift and take off for like a good 10 seconds. They cant catch up, so i stop there. So i just down shift go fast *still speed limit or a little more* and just go for a few seconds, and they cant even catch up. So i completely slow down again and just laugh at them. But they dont even turn to look at me.
Hugo - Your car isn't fast. 318ti's ARE NOT FAST CARS. People try to race you because they know they can win, everyone knows 318ti's aren't fast....think about it man, people "rev up" on you because they know you can't keep up. You have a hydro-locked motor that doesn't idle. Give up, sell the BMW and drive the Integra like a good ricer and stop littering this forum with bull**** stories about street racing.

The same thing goes for the rest of you little wannabe ricers. If you want to "street race" in your 105whp car, buy a Civic and do it right. If I were Steven, I'd ban each and every one of you little bastards!

'99 Dinan M3
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 AM   #15
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
Your car isn't fast. 318ti's ARE NOT FAST CARS.
Dusten is right. The ti is not a fast car. There has to be a lot done to it to make it fast, and it is not cheap to do so.