What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 62,378 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 04-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
tctwnd

Default 1995 modded 325ti for sale! Cheap!

This is sad. I am selling my ti.

It has some problems, but so many pluses and I am selling it cheap! The car is located in Princeton, NJ.

I will be honest, this isnt the car you want as a daily driver. Even if it was in perfect condition. It is set up for performance driving, i.e. autox or driver schools, but is a blast to drive around and is completely street legal and doesnt look out of place on the street, as you can see from the pics.

This car is FAST. Don't let the 2.5 fool you, or the ti for that matter. Unsure what the motor history was before I had it, perhaps hot cams, would be open to a dyno run if someone knows a cheap place nearby. I am unsure what it is, but I swear to you it pulls on stock e36 m3's, e46 330i's, and will hang with stock STI's. In a dead stop run with an e46 m3, we were nose to nose, unsure how this is possible, but even between shifts he wasnt gaining. I have posted this fact before, and people told me I was mentaly ill, but it is the truth. I am not looking for crazy money for this car and have no reason to lie. I have never had it dynoed, but there is a lot of weight reduction and great gearing. This car pulls. Hard.

I am a BMW enthusiast, which makes it hard for me to sell this car. I have been involved in the NJ BMW CCA for many years, both my father and uncle were Club Presidents for years, and both are instructors as NJ BMWCCA driving schools. I have had 6 bmws, a 2002tii, 3 e30's, and 2 e36's. I know this car and all fluid changes were done on time, often before necessary, and Mobile 1.

I will first tell you about the car and try to highlight the good things that I think have been valuable and are important.

It is a 1995 318ti body, around 150,000 miles on body. Motor is from a 1995 325is, and has about 130,xxx miles on it. Car is hellrot red, and is the base model. No computer, no sunroof, no cruise control.

The engine swap was done by myself and my uncle about 10 years ago. Full motor was swapped in including transmission. He purchased the car in Jersey and then moved to Maine with it. I then purchased it from him about 3 years ago, although I had done much of the work on it with him, and had it often.

Suspension and Drivetrain:
Full e36 M3 front struts and brakes were installed, needs 17" wheels to fit over brakes. This car stops great! (no abs)
Brake vents in front spoiler
H & R Race springs front and rear.
Bilstein Sports front and rear. (note, front suspension parts are for e36 M3, rear are for ti.)
Turner motorsport front sway bars with bushings and M3 control arms
M roadster rear sway bar, with upgraded bushings
Racing Dynamics front strut brace
e36 325i tranny
3.25 lsd from an e28 535is, a great upgrade. Plenty of pop and also keeps the revs reasonable on the highway. LSD is a must for track or autox.
M Roadster short shifter, way short.
No clutch slippage.
All suspension and tranny work was done by Turner motorsport. Will Turner is a family friend and this was done right.

Engine:
Conforti Engine Management Chip, yay OBD1!!!
AC and fan delete, have electric fan ready to install, should take 30 minutes, I can do it if you want. Hasnt had an overheating problem though, since it has been cool.
Cool air intake with custom heat shield, you can see it in one of the pics
Motor runs very strong.
e36 M3 remus exhaust, looks great and sounds even better. Custom welded and a great upgrade.
e36 M3 cat

Body/Interior:
M3 front spoiler with brake vents
Club sport TI seats, front and rear (awesome bolstering, adjustments, comfort and look great, see pics)
Custom 318ti roll bar with cross brace and 5 point harnesses as well as stock seat belts
M3 instrument cluster

Interior Extra's not included in base sale:
Black leather momo racing steering wheel
Very nice Alpine head unit and pioneer speakers all around.

Here is the bad: Note that not all of these problems (and i didnt consider all for them problems) need to be fixed. There may be tiny blemishes I am forgetting, if you are looking for a perfect car, this is not it.

When this car became my daily driver, yes my daily driver, I spent so many hours making this car better. I got a new job about a year ago and have been driving less, and have had way less time to work on it, so some things besides necessary maintenance and fluid changes have not been fixed. I just dont have the time to do these fixes and also have no time for driving events and need something a bit tamer for my minimal work. If you really understand these cars, there isnt that much that needs to be done. 2 e36 manuals come with the car as well as miscellaneous spare parts.

1) Body-
has small scratches and dings, but is straight.
Will need a new hood, a new one can be bought for under 200 dollars. (not in pics) have racing pins and one came loose and hood flipped up while driving. The hood is on there and is functionally sound, just dented up by the windshield and needs new braces.
Some cracking and chipping in the front spoiler and front bumper
Dent on the passenger side below the door panel, cut a cobblestone curbed corner too close. It was sad. About the size of a baseball. Only spot on car with rust. (not in pics)
some scratches and small dings in wheels. Have an extra set.
No front grills.
Passenger side headlight mounting pieces "fabricated".

2) Engine- RUNS STRONG!!! Does not leak or burn oil.
needs a new power steering pump.
full a/c delete was done including condenser, etc.
radiator works decent, but is missing some of the mounting pieces. "custom" mounting currently installed.
wrong temperature thermostat was installed recently, does not overheat to red, but temperature fluctuates.
Probably needs a new O2 sensor

3) Interior/electrics
No interior mats.
Minor cracks in plastic trim along bottom of door
Base model interior, no computer or any gizmos
Needs new passenger side window regulator, or maybe just an adjustment, haven't had time to diagnose
Small rip in outside edge upper of seat from hitting the roll bar.
No power door locks
Parking brake needs to be adjusted
Rear Wiper does not work, have not tried to diagnose.
Driver side door panel has been falling off, bolted on now. Could use a new fix, the stock clips will not hold it anymore.

4) Suspension - handles really well, but a new power steering pump would help you enjoy it!
There is a quiet knocking from the left rear, doesnt happen often, but sometimes is noticeable. Might be the seal on the shock, which is a bilstein and is under a lifetime warranty.

I have tried to cover everything, but if there is anything you want to know please do not hesitate to ask. This car is no longer registered or insured, has not been for about a month. I can discuss options for test driving with serious buyers.

Looking for a quick sale, title in hand.
$3,000 firm.

I am not trying to play games with price. This is an amazing price, and someone with time could buy it, strip it and part it out for more than that.

Here are some pics. They were taken last fall, and the only differences now are the dents that are now in the hood and below the passenger door. I will try and get pics of these soon if anybody wants them. This car does clean up pretty well and turns heads.

bfarbs@gmail.com

Old 04-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
tctwnd

Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Will'sBimmer

O My Gosh!!!!!!! I wish I had 3,000 right now in my hand!!!!!! I would so buy your car from you. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to jump on this but maybe I need to find 3,000 real fast.

Maybe I could become a male stripper and have the money by tonight! lol
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
thesk8nmidget

i would have bought this in a millisecond about 1 month ago!

damnit money!
lol

would be a perfect track car!

looks great with the paint matched bumpers!
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
tctwnd

hey, your is gorgeous. you should buy it and make a beautiful track car. between the two it would be a mean and beautiful car. with fully functioning everything. lol
Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
StealthBimmer

Good price for a track ti. The roll cage would look intimidating on the street. Any new pics of the damage hood and dent? I figure the future buyer would ask for it. Good luck on the sale.

My Ultimate Driving Machines

BMWCCA #369516
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
tctwnd

No pics yet. Gonna try and take a few in the next couple days. The dent is the important thing. The hood shoul dreally be replaced. I priced it out and a new one with primer is only about 160 bucks.

I think it is a reasoable price. You can only imagine the money that went in. I just want it to go to a good home. It is such a great track car, that it seems almost wrong to part it out, you know?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
thesk8nmidget

well if you wanna donate it to me i promise a VERY good home!

i will give her sponge baths when ever needed, brush her teeth for her! she will be kept in a nice warm little home, i'll cover her up with a blanky every night and read her bed time stories! and then on sundays before church (auto-x) i change her fluids and then ride her hard all day long then clean her up and put her back to sleep for the following week
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
SDKmann

Maybe you should buy that so you can sell your Club Sport to me...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
thesk8nmidget

hahaha no the club sport must stay! i just want to make a fun track car too
Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBimmer View Post
Good price for a track ti. The roll cage would look intimidating on the street. Any new pics of the damage hood and dent? I figure the future buyer would ask for it. Good luck on the sale.
Ken,
This would be a great track car for Claire and I have the cash in hand. I just need to convince her that we need six cars!

Any ideas guys? Help me buy this thing!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #12
LobsterMagnet

" I just need to convince her that we need six cars!"

hahaha

Free bump for a cool car and a steal of a head start for anyone who is serious about going fast in a TI.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #13
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterMagnet View Post
" I just need to convince her that we need six cars!"

hahaha

Free bump for a cool car and a steal of a head start for anyone who is serious about going fast in a TI.
That's funny she also laughed when I told her about this thread.

I can't imagine this thing running with an E46 M3 there is just no way!

This should sell soon! Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamler View Post
I just need to convince her that we need six cars!
"honey, the neighbors across the street have six cars!"

try that
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #15
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
"honey, the neighbors across the street have six cars!"

try that
Tried, NO DICE now I think I'm in the doghouse

I should be in the area in the next couple of weeks if it doesn't sell I'll take her for a spin in it. How could she say no after that?
Closed Thread