318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US

Notices

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US General discussion and questions in CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,017,056 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
mfixit

Lightbulb Colorado / Rocky Mountain Meet

Pheew! Those old threads are getting loooooong! I figured that, maybe, we could start a new/shorter one?

Anyone wanna' plan a May one---so that it's far enough out for people to plan around it? April's hairy with weather, taxes, yadda yadda.
mfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
teetime4one

Vehicles

i like it!
we also talked about a drive in about 2-3 weeks (weather permitting).

NOTE: i have your tires at the shop Michelle...when do you want to pick them up?

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
mfixit

Sweet! I haven't been driving my baby because the tires are sooooooo bad. Is your shop the one on Bway? I could have the hubster drive the car in one day this week---he usually bikes to/from work. You just name the day/time and I'll send the hubster with my baby. I can't drop it off---I'm at work by o'dark'thirty in the morning.

I still think I have to do something for you guys. Gas to Ft. Collins ain't cheap and you guys all have a ton of time into this.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
elchicano

Well hope that works out for you. Since we are talking about a drive in may we could cruise round for cinco de mayo. But we should do something else because it does get boring after a while. Well if you can come out to the meet in april Michelle we are doing a drive and after that i guess we are having some kind of picnic or something.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
Borg561

Checking in to do some very pre-trip planning. Looking at a 7.5 hour drive one way under perfect conditions (home to "Denver," I'm assuming that uses the middle of Denver). Any better specific location I should map to (I'm using MS MapPoint 2004)? Also, should I look for a cheap hotel or would I be able to crash with someone out there?

Sounds like weekends would work best for you guys and I'm trying to figure out what days to plan for. If I were to leave right after I got off work on a Friday, I wouldn't get out there until 1:30am-ish. If that would be too late, I could leave early Saturday and be out there by noon or so. Coming back, if I want to go to work Monday, I'd need to leave by 6pm or so Sunday so I could get home and get some sleep. This would only require me to get time off from my part-time job (should be no problem, especially if it's mid to late-May).

Definately want to spend a good day out there with you guys (and gals?). Two would be even better. Just not sure yet how time-off is going to work with my new job (I start a week from tomorrow). Guess I should also look at budgeting for gas. Looking at ~540 miles one way. Not sure what my mileage is on the car yet, but I'm guessing I'll be looking at 3 full tanks of gas at a minimum?

Justin
Borg561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
PettitWC

yeah, this is gonna be awesome with all these people!

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg561 View Post
Checking in to do some very pre-trip planning. Looking at a 7.5 hour drive one way under perfect conditions (home to "Denver," I'm assuming that uses the middle of Denver). Any better specific location I should map to (I'm using MS MapPoint 2004)? Also, should I look for a cheap hotel or would I be able to crash with someone out there?

Sounds like weekends would work best for you guys and I'm trying to figure out what days to plan for. If I were to leave right after I got off work on a Friday, I wouldn't get out there until 1:30am-ish. If that would be too late, I could leave early Saturday and be out there by noon or so. Coming back, if I want to go to work Monday, I'd need to leave by 6pm or so Sunday so I could get home and get some sleep. This would only require me to get time off from my part-time job (should be no problem, especially if it's mid to late-May).

Definately want to spend a good day out there with you guys (and gals?). Two would be even better. Just not sure yet how time-off is going to work with my new job (I start a week from tomorrow). Guess I should also look at budgeting for gas. Looking at ~540 miles one way. Not sure what my mileage is on the car yet, but I'm guessing I'll be looking at 3 full tanks of gas at a minimum?

Justin
i would think highway you'd be able to get at least 400 miles per tank so 3 minimum is probably a good bet.

you could crash at my place (mead, CO 80542) which is about 30 miles north of denver just off I-25 if that works for you. i have one spare bedroom (complete with bed!) that you can use.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
mfixit

Question

Does anyone know how to do the rsvp set-up? If so, I have an idea (yup, I've been thinking---you all probably smelled dust from my brain getting warmed up).
In order to get the most folks there, is there a way for people to rsvp what days they CAN come? Then, we can set up the day that most people can attend, or the people from the farthest, etc.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

hmmmm ... not sure the rsvp works that way (put in what dates you're available). believe it's just for saying you can come or not. we usually beat the bushes and see what date comes out
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 04-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #10
Borg561

Well, for me, Saturday or Sunday (until 6pm-ish) would work best for me. Mid to late-May would probably be best, but I could probably swing it for the weekend of the 10-11th.

Justin
Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #11
cali-ti
aka Stabby

if i'm in town, i'm generally going to be available as long as we set a date far enough ahead.

i just had an idea!!!! i believe tomorrow is the day they open up the registration for the drive for the cure in this area (80542 zip code) so i'll find out what dates they have at what dealerships in the area and post them up. i love to do my part to save breasts by driving BMWs!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #12
PettitWC

i'm free the 1st and third weekends and the fourth sunday...i know, I actually have some weekend days off this month!!!

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #13
teetime4one

Vehicles

YES-YES-YES!
lets drive for the cure!

i tend to agree with Eric about our Meets...it's usually best to play it by ear and go from there. ya know...throw it against the wall and see what sticks.
i am open for any given sunday from now until the end of October.
so there ya go...work with that and i'm in!
did i mention that Michelle has a Killer ti?
and, she's the original owner!
her Hubster (Mitch) is a cool dude...

Sean
1995 Active
Old 04-01-2008, 05:21 AM   #14
Borg561

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti View Post
if i'm in town, i'm generally going to be available as long as we set a date far enough ahead.

i just had an idea!!!! i believe tomorrow is the day they open up the registration for the drive for the cure in this area (80542 zip code) so i'll find out what dates they have at what dealerships in the area and post them up. i love to do my part to save breasts by driving BMWs!
Just threw your zip code in and registration is already open and the event is on May 7th at Co's BMW Center in Loveland. There's one on the 8th in Colorado Springs at Phil Winslow BMW as well. All M3 and Alpina B7 (both you need to be 30+ to drive) slots are currently open for the event on the 7th if anyone is interested in either of those. I can guarantee those two will fill up fast. I plan on hitting up both events here (one in Lincoln, one in Omaha) as I've done for the past three years.

As for the date, pick a weekend in May and I'll try my hardest to be there. As long as the date is decided in the next 2-3 weeks I should be fine.

Justin
Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #15
teetime4one

Vehicles

sign us all up Eric!
i'm in

Sean
1995 Active