318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 990,355 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
SDKmann

Default Audi S3 coming to the US!

In the new Motor Trend they have anounced that audi will be importing the S3 hatch to the US. I dont have a pic to post yet but its basically a audi badged GTI but with the S badge on it Im expecting something extra under the hood. Definitly the ti replacement in a few years.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
davep-uk

thats the 2000 shape

this is the new shape:

ive driven an old shape one and my got its quick! not cheap though!

'96 318ti in Montreal Blue :m-tec sideskirts,m-bootspoiler,clear corners & repeaters .m-tech side mouldings, Magnex Exhaust System, leather armrest, F-15 gear Knob, 18" Evo 2's. Not Finished Yet......

http://www.myspace.com/davep_uk
davep-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
L84THSKY

Good to know there is always once decent German made 2 door hatch still available in the US. I guess I will be jumping to that car next too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
In the new Motor Trend they have anounced that audi will be importing the S3 hatch to the US. I dont have a pic to post yet but its basically a audi badged GTI but with the S badge on it Im expecting something extra under the hood. Definitly the ti replacement in a few years.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
aparatchik

oh man... and I've already been lusting after the 3.2L Quattro A3. I need to build a bigger garage to add this one to my imaginary stable!!
aparatchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
drkblu318ti

I love the S3.. they better make the 2 door. Its awsome. I saw so many 2 doors while in South Africa this summer i love htem.

Tribute to:
97 318ti Montreal Blue R.I.P
96 318ti Schwartz II
drkblu318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
SDKmann

Yeah thats what the S3 is, a 3 door hatch. I like the A3 wagon/hatch but the 3 door is much more apealing to me. They brought a few of the old generation S3s to the US and Mexico with most of those going to Mex. There was a little info in the latest Eurotuner on it, thats where I got that info.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:10 AM   #7
bullmand

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but if you're talking about the Spycam article on page 21 of the September Motor Trend that's not what I see. The article only says that "Audi has already introduced the high-performance S3 in Europe". It then specifically states that the 3 door A3 is not sold here. Is there another article that I missed?

BTW, the base price in Germany for the S3 is $45,000.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 AM   #8
SDKmann

Wow, he is right. I got so exited I didnt finish the article. I think Im gonna cry, this sucks. Thanks for catching that, I completely missed that. I guess Im going to have to settle for the GTI.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:10 AM   #9
Panzer_M

I did a walk around an A3 at a Publix parking lot in Orlando durning the weekend. It looks to be equal to the 1ser size wise. even some of the contours feel similar.

maybe someday BMWNA will get their heads out of the sand. Hopefully.
Or BMW may go the way of Alfa Romeo in the United States, just a brand kept alive by a devoted bunch of kooks.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #10
bullmand

Sorry. I'd love to see the S3 here also. Although they would really have to do some thinking about pricing. I can't see them moving very many for $45k. Even the Quattro A3 is a little steep. I'm still deluding myself that I'm going to be able to buy a sub $30k 1 Series one day. A guy can dream, can't he?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #11
SDKmann

Yeah $45k is too much for that car here. For that much I would buy a EVO and still have some money for parts. But if they did sell it for that much here the resale price would be much lower then that, no one wants hatches.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
L84THSKY

I totally forgot! These cars are front wheel drive. Can't go back to that after my 318ti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Yeah $45k is too much for that car here. For that much I would buy a EVO and still have some money for parts. But if they did sell it for that much here the resale price would be much lower then that, no one wants hatches.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #13
SDKmann

After last winter I wouldnt mind having a FWD or AWD car for the snowy months. I have pretty terrible tires but being that the ti is RWD makes it even worse. There was one day that I had zero control over my car, I barely made it home. Snow can be alot of fun but some days its really scary.