318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 95,680 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 58,618 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 56,040 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 130,941 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
wariurice

Default FS: BMW 318ti M-Tech in Dayton Ohio

I am selling my 1997 BMW 318ti M-Tech. This car has a hair under 130,000 miles. This is a five speed manual transmission. This car runs absolutely great and has been extremely well taken care of. I have had no trouble with this car outside of general maintenance. This Car is very rare and hard to come by. It wont last long at this price. The oil is synthetic and is changed religiously every 5,000 miles.

Here is a list of all the information about the car:
1997 BMW 318ti
M-Tech
Under 130,000 miles
5 Speed Manual
Sunroof
Air Conditioning
Power Windows and Mirrors
Aftermarket CD Player
Synthetic Oil

List of All Recent Maintenance:
New Thermostat and Housing
Coolant Flushed
New Headliner
New Fuel Pump
New Coolant Temperature Sensor
New Front Brake Pads and Rotors
Newer Tires with about 80% tread left

Asking Price $5800 OBO
www dot dayton.craigslist.org/car/407198803 dot html

Here is a link to see some pictures. There are more if you want to e-mail me at davidchodell@gmail.com or if you have any questions. I would prefer to do all communication through since the forums are blocked from my work.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
marleymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
We've got another "RARE" one Seriously though this is like the 3rd one I've seen in less than 24hrs. Looks exactly like the one I drive and about 4000 other members alike. Trying to push a car for it's rarity doesn't work in a forum dedicated specifically to that car. Nice car none the less and a fair price, but it's no more "RARE" than mine or anyone elses. Good luck on the sale.
admin please delete cleaning up his FOR SALE THREAD......thankyoufornotpostwhoringunwantedcomments....
Old 08-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
lkwd318ti

Quote:
We've got another "RARE" one Seriously though this is like the 3rd one I've seen in less than 24hrs. Looks exactly like the one I drive and about 4000 other members alike. Trying to push a car for it's rarity doesn't work in a forum dedicated specifically to that car. Nice car none the less and a fair price, but it's no more "RARE" than mine or anyone elses. Good luck on the sale.
Sorry to bash this post, but PLEASE try finding a 318ti sport 5 speed in good condition with a clean title and no accidents.
Please show me the other 2 as I'm looking for another ti.
I've been looking for OVER A YEAR, and I still haven't found one that I really want.
You wouldn't want to sell a car at a forum with negative comments below it would you?

This car is priced well and it will go really soon. I wish the best of luck to the original poster.

If you were closer I would've taken a look at it.

-Randy

(Big font so that's what you'll see)
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
lkwd318ti

To the seller, a few questions people might ask:
When was the last time the water pump and belts changed?
Does the A/C blow cold?
Are there any known problems?
Is it the original clutch? If not, when was the last time it was changed?

Quote:
Who cares? I'm just pointng something out to the OP and potential buyers. There's nothing RARE about these cars.

This guy just bought one:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17878
Here's one for sale:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17828
windnsea00 is selling his:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17557
and these are just a few black sports being bought and sold HERE RECENTLY, not to mention mine and a few hundred others. Do you guys even look at the craigslist and autotrader feeds posted here daily? There's tons of ti's for sale, it's not really that big of a deal and I'd say that a 5 speed Sport 318ti is hardly rare. I found mine on ebay for $4150 with 130k miles and a new motor, original owner, clean title, non-smoker, maintenance records, no accidents and the whole bit. It was a great deal and well worth the plane ticket and the long drive back from Ann Arbor Michigan. People seem to think that these cars are rare and try to use that as a selling point, but honestly they're not any harder to find than say an old Cadilac or a Geo Metro(if someone was seriously looking for a specific color model and trim package). Whenever a car goes out of production, of course you can't expect to go to a used car dealership and have a huge selection and plenty of choices, you have to search a little. Logging onto a 318ti forum and trying to pass your car off as a rarity is a joke. Don't kid yourself, we know exactly how rare our cars are.
haha dude,
I've been in the ti scene way longer than you and I'm pretty sure I know the value of our cars. As I mentioned earlier, I've been looking for one for a LONG TIME, and went to autotrader, craigslist, cars.com religiously searching for a car.
I was about to buy windnsea00's car, but someone beat me to it the day before I was going to check it out the other week. Although that car was in GREAT condition, that car had an accident on it according to the CarFax.
You're looking at it at a nationwide perspective, hundreds of 318tis compared to thousands of other E36s...still hard to find if you ask me. Try looking for one here in SoCal, 5-speed sport, and if you find one, tell me. The ones you showed me were...In Texas, Richmond, and SD (but Sold already). ahh and yes, I saw this one on autotrader, but it think it's way overpriced
The OP used the word rare. Check out that area and look for other tis for sale over there.
A mechanic friend of mine came with me earlier to check out that ti I was about to buy, and told me that he was also looking for one, and he told me that they're rare and hard to find.
Go to autotrader, craigslist or what not.
Search for a 328i or 328is, or even and M3.
Then go search for a 318ti, you'll see what I mean.
Sure, a 318ti base is easy to find, but a nice sport is pretty damn hard to find...
Think what you think, but I'm 100% sure that they're rare.
Let's see...Dayton OH...
Autotrader search, ZIP code 45424, range: 200 mi, 9 results, all AUTOMATIC, all nonsports.
Craigslist search, click on EVERY SINGLE CITY on the left, the only ti posted in his area is his car.
yeah, they're rare.

-Randy

(Steve, if you find this inappropriate, feel free to delete my post and previous posts, I just don't like to see negative comments when someone tries to sell something.)
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwd318ti View Post
haha dude,
I've been in the ti scene way longer than you and I'm pretty sure I know the value of our cars.Try looking for one here in SoCal, 5-speed sport, and if you find one, tell me. The ones you showed me were...In Texas, Richmond, and SD (but Sold already).
You've been a member of this forum longer than me, but this is my 4th e36, second Ti and I can't even begin to tell you how many cars I've bought, driven and sold in the past 15 years I've been driving. But that's besides the point. As with any car that's 10+ years old and hasn't even been imported into our country for the last 8 years, you're not going to find one on every car lot or street corner. What's the chances of finding a 199x Toyota Supra with exactly the options you want, color, clean history etc. for sale locally? Like I said, I flew to Michigan for mine. And just because every black ti sport with a 5 speed tranny and clean title isn't for sale at this very moment does not mean that it is a rare car. Buying a used car that is no longer in production isn't always easy to find exactly what you want. It's not like you could just go to the dealer and order a new one. You have to search and be patient, and yes you'll probably have to travel. How many Pontiac Trans Ams and Fieros do you see daily? They sold hundreds of thousands of them back in the 80's, are they rare? No, they were junk and fell apart. Most people put them to rest in junkyards, but I'm sure if you searched you could find one for dirt cheap. The chances of finding one down the street from your house in perfect condition with only the options you're interested in is slim, but it's not by any means rare. This is a stupid argument and I vote for deletion also, but geez, some people seriously need to do a reality check.

Edit; I've deleted my own posts because I don't need Steven to do it for me. You guys know exactly what I'm talking about and you could play your stupid little goody goody ass kissing games all you want. Later.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
lkwd318ti

To the seller, a few questions people might ask:
When was the last time the water pump and belts changed?
Does the A/C blow cold?
Are there any known problems?
Is it the original clutch? If not, when was the last time it was changed?

I'm not going to argue anymore, I just want to help this guy sell his car.
and
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
pdxmotorhead

Wow. Dude.

You really oughta look up your own posts this week.....

Your kinda on a roll....

Dave
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
1996 328ti

Vehicles

I'll copy the OP's post and start this thread over, but I'm with cooljess on this one.
There is nothing rare about it.
This goes on the lines of people selling their 1998 Club Sport.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Closed Thread