318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 984,514 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
wolferj-RIP

Default Losers, rip-offs and thieves... Beware of Member Brandonm !!!

I really hate rip-off artists...

Member Brandonm had agreed to sell me an OEM head unit. I sent him payment in good faith.

No item sent. He claimed that the unit shipped, but doesn't have any tracking info. It has been more than a few weeks, and he then offered to send another unit, but has failed to do so, and now will no longer respond to messages or emails...

I have done many transactions on this forum, have a stellar iTrader rating, and have been able to resolve any issues before.

This is just an out and out thief who took my money.

I have no resolution available to me as it has been too long since the payment was made.

I just need to vent and to warn other members of this loser...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
teetime4one

Vehicles

Where does he live? I'll drive anywhere in Colorado/Southern Wyoming to solve your problem.

Sean
1995 Active
Old 09-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
wolferj-RIP

Sean;

he lives in Irvine, CA (SoCal)... Bit outside your range...

I am just angry that I let myself be strung along... I only made this thread to vent and warn others who might do business with him, as he had a couple of part out threads... I can never understand people who do this kind of thing... We have always had a great community here, but doesn't take but 1 jerk to screw it up..

I'm not out a lot of $$, and I don't have his mailing address, so I can't really do too much else..

Live and learn, yet again...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
2ndBimmer

225/50/16's Yokohama Advan S4's
Panasonic 70Wx4 CD/MP3 player + 4x Alpine 6x9's rear
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Where does he live? I'll drive anywhere in Colorado/Southern Wyoming to solve your problem.
Ha! it would be better if you leave the problem solving to me. We don't want you getting into trouble, too bad he is not local.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndBimmer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano View Post
Ha! it would be better if you leave the problem solving to me. We don't want you getting into trouble, too bad he is not local.
Yes Dave, I agree that it's best to keep Sean home with Cindy Lou... I would happily pay a thousand times over to keep them happy and safe together.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
xxxJohnBoyxxx

True story:

I had a guy on a boating forum try to rip me off. Sent the item three times and one month later it still didn't arrive. Since I used a postal money order I threatened to have the postal service get involved and guess what? The item arrived in 3 days after that threat.

This guy went on doing the same to other board members until he was banned and then he had a massive heart attack that killed him. He was only 47 years old. I guess what comes around goes around.

Had another guy try to rip me off on BF.c and got that solved by telling him I booked a flight out to the closest airport to his house to do some turkey hunting and saying see you Sunday so we can resolve this in person. Payment was refunded super quick after that call.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Mr.Squeelerz

I'm thankful I haven't run into this problem yet.

I just spoke with a friend of mine a few days ago, she told me she went in half on a bike project with a supposed guy friend of hers and they agreed to spit the money if the bike would ever get sold. Well, the guy sold the bike and ran off with all the money. Nothing in writing, no witnesses on the agreement. She's out 7k and now wants to hang herself. Can't get a hold of the guy, nowhere to be found.

There are some pretty heartless people out there. I hope never to run into any of them.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
teetime4one

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post

Yes Dave, I agree that it's best to keep Sean home with Cindy Lou... I would happily pay a thousand times over to keep them happy and safe together.
Yeah, I understand. Yet, I would be there in a heart beat to retrieve anything for you James.
Don't we have friends in that area? I see he he posts in the lets have meets threads. So, someone has to know this dude.

Sean
1995 Active
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #10
wolferj-RIP

Well I'm going to bump this thread everytime I see that this loser comes on the forum. He has visited here a couple of times since stealing my money, but won't return emails or PM's...

Loser..
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
hotmilk400

i have a OEM head unit u can have for free if you pay the shipping. it seems to work and the code is written on the back of it, but the cassette door is broken off (i have it, but i am not sure how to get it on... i didn't try very hard tho either) from a 95, i never tested it, but it seems good.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #12
wolferj-RIP

That's a very generous offer. It's greatly appreciated.

I picked up another head unit from a member here a couple of weeks ago, and it works fine.

What I was originally looking for (and thought I was buying) was the factory HU with an aux input on the front, which I am still looking for. If you come across one of those, I will pay market value...
Old 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
campione

Vehicles
Default Me too!

It's happened a couple of times to me too on this forum. I bought some "excellent condition" tail lights from a guy down here. The shipment arrived-the top-packed light was perfect, the bottom one was wrapped overly-well but had what looked like a bullet hole in it. Another time I bought a factory radio ("perfect condition and in working order") only to install it and find the damn thing wouldn't display. Neither responded to my emails for restitution. If people would be honest about their wares and foillow thru, it would make this marketplace a lot more enjoyable. Hate to say it but EBay is better.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by campione View Post
It's happened a couple of times to me too on this forum.
I hate to hear stuff like that.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
hotmilk400

Yeah, you would think for the few $$ it would not even be worth it.

Also, depending on how paypal is set up, you can get a refund if the seller can not provide a tracking number. It is vital to have sent the money in the correct way.

when you send money, make sure you pick "goods" under Purchase, then give a detailed description on the condition, maybe a link, and price. if the seller never sends it, (no tracking number) or have no proof of any kind, paypal will refund the money. it is apart of there paypal advantage thing.

If you send the money as "services" or other, then they assume no tracking number is involved because it is just a payment for an service. Be cautious of sellers that send you an with something other then "good" on it or if they tell you to use something other then goods. I reccomend you ask for their emails and YOU send the money to them, not just pay an invoice.

Services doesn't charge the seller the 3% fee, meaning all of the money is transferred. if the person refuses, offer to pay the extra 3% for him, if he still says no, then don't do the sale as he can just take your money and you can't do anything about it.

if you get ripped off, you open a dispute in the resolution center. if the seller can't provide the tracking information, the money is refunded.... but it takes like a month or so. it is all a matter of setting stuff up correctly. if you are in doubt and the seller is dragging his feet, make sure you open a dispute right away. that forces the seller to do something before you run out of time. you can always close the dispute once you get the item and no harm is done.
Closed Thread