318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 992,868 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
drkblu318ti

Default Funny Ricer story

So in my town there are quite a few really crappy ricers that drive around. Last night as im getting on the highway, this crappy little 4 door honda accord cuts in front of me. This one was especially cool, it had the miss match body pannels, with multi-colors, The giant universal exhaust hanging from the rear, the extremly hard suspension (for "racing" i guess). So anyway it comes clunking around the corner infront of me with its wonderful BURRRRRRRRRRRR comming from the exhaust, and i notice that its kinda flapping around, and im thinking hmmm that looks like its definatly gonna fall off any time soon.
So he goes redlining each gear on to the high way with the high pitched whine and loud exhaust. I watch as he goes weaving in and out of traffic, he's now about 6 to 7 cars ahead. And i stop paying attention to him. While crusing in the middle lane, the cars ahead of me slow down fast and swerve around something. I come up to it, And what else would it be but a god damn exhaust. I look at it and i think, wow that one looks relaly familiar. So speed up and start weaving to catch up to my ricer buddy. Sure enough the son of a bitches exhaust came clean off!!! He didnt even pull over to check. U can hear the even louder noise coming from his little peice of crap. I bet he thought that his exhaust had finally broken in and it was now at its peake. It made my day to see that.

Thought that it was pretty funny, and wanted to share.

Tribute to:
97 318ti Montreal Blue R.I.P
96 318ti Schwartz II
drkblu318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i saw someone's muffler fall off on the interstate once. luckily, i was one lane over and passed it as it slid along, throwing a nice trail of sparks. as with your story, the driver didn't stop.

i also saw a guy in a van who lost a rear wheel on the interstate. it came off, headed for the cement wall between north and south bound lanes and then proceeded to shoot over the wall and into traffic heading in the opposite direction. he did pull over, but i don't know if he ever got his wheel back.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
HuGo

Final Destination 2 almost happen to me the other day. With the log and everything *way smaller though* Check Final D 3 for my story about it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
T-Huss

I was in philly on friday night cause my friend just got a Rx-7 twin turbo and wanted to race sum ppl.. hes behind me and were right around the corner from where everyone is and thers 4 civics lined up ready to race and a spot for the next person, so i line right up with them now keep in mind my 318 is all stock. these civics are all done up real nice, body kits paint graphics and of corse the big ass fart cannons. they count down and i beat them off the line by like 2 car lengths and ****in smoked them.. i dont get it cause i missed 3rd i just didnt know civics were THAT crappy. so i get out to meet these guys and there all like awww man i love the car, that ****'s fast what u got done to it.. i was like "nothin man this ****'s stock" there all like damn we gotta get one.

Stock 95 TI BITCHH
T-Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
2ndBimmer

Talking

My reply to all... HAHA!!! (in the voice of Nelson)
225/50/16's Yokohama Advan S4's
Panasonic 70Wx4 CD/MP3 player + 4x Alpine 6x9's rear
2ndBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote