The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,005,319 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #46
Ji Money

My car is a 97 manual, current selling price for the dead car is $800. Highest bidder can have it. I already financed a 2011 Subaru Forester so ti has to go unfortunately.

Aside from the no spark issue, there is one other significant issue with the car. The previous owner said there was a small nick by the front left bumper from a minor fender bender type of incident. It must have not been reported since Carfax said nothing about it. Anyway the problem is that when you take hard left turns, the wheels rub against the frame. The steering wheel will shake at that point too. Only on hard left turns though when the suspension travels in the certain way. I used to drive this car to work 56 miles everyday on the freeway and the problem never appears when you go straight, take hard right turns, or regular left turns. I also noticed that when you turn the steering wheel two rotations to the left to make a U-turn for example, it kinda gets caught on something and if you let go from that left most turned position just a bit, then that sensation goes away. So the front left suspension area appears to be messed up somewhere.

Some other bad:

The key sometimes doesn't catch and it just turns and turns. It's rare but it has happened about 10 times in the 4 years of ownership so that needs to be mentioned. Both regulators are bent, windows are currently up at the moment. I got used regulators here from a member but never got around to replacing them. There is a rust bubble by the right rear fender. A decent scratch by there too which also caused a slight, very slight dent when I kinda scuffed against a yellow post in a gas station. So there is yellow paint stuck on it too. The passenger door also has a dent right above the top most area from a snow incident hitting the edge of a wooden fence. The tow truck had to pull my car out and also pulled out the rear bumper a bit. The front bumper has small cracks here and there but nothing major. The kidney grill has a small dent, happened from the original owners fender bender as well as my snow incident. My snow incident did not involve any other vehicle. I live in a rural area and just kinda fell into a bank/ditch/hill...

Some good:

The California roof motor never failed and showed any signs on failure, ever! It may leak here and there on very wet days but that's it. All the speakers are good and not popped but the aftermarket Kenwood CD player stopped reading discs. All body panels and parts are original. I think I still have the window sticker, gotta look but I do have something from the dealer when it was first purchased. Genuine sport from the factory. Have both sets of keys and factory alarm units. And the best part, I put in a genuine walnut wood shifter. Crisp shifts every time! Still got original black leather one if you want it.

Repairs I did:

Brakes and rotors done back in December 2010. The car has been sitting since January 2011 so lots of rust on them I'm sure. New Bosal muffle not too long ago either. Radiator blew an got replaced a year ago. I don't think hoses got replaced though. Idle control valve/unit replaced about two years ago. It sits on 15 inch steel wheels with winter tires. The original 16 inch sport rims are in my garage but the tires are shot for all 4. The rims are pretty beat up. One may have a slight bend or the tire had a small hole. Either way the air always went out on one of them.

UPDATE:

Two more items to the bad things:

1. The airbag light is on. It got fixed by the previous seller but my rear passenger kicked it one day and now it's back on. The repair looks kinda shoddy though. The plastic part where the wires go into look cheap.

2. Check Engine Light was on then went off before inspection time so I never bothered to have it looked into much but a shop who analyzed it using a plug in tool said it was the cam shaft sensor. I bought the new part but after it turned off I never bothered to have it installed. The motor got replaced so I don't know if that part got replaced as well.

McLaren F1 - BMW M Power S70/2

Last edited by Ji Money; 08-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Ji Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #47
hotmilk400

if you have pictures, i would be interested

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #48
Ji Money

It'll take a few days but I'll take pictures of everything I mentioned.

I also added two other items to the bad list.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
Ji Money

Pics uploaded. Taking a second look at this car has made me realize that it's in pretty good shape, minus that suspension issue. Starting bid price has been adjusted to $1500.

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0093009/ph...7627458001634/

Old 08-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #50
hotmilk400

your to far to have AAA tow it for me. do you know anyone that could drop it off at 19559 (145 miles away). i can also have AAA tow it closer (up to 100 miles). if any one can help me, that would be awesome. i am interested, but cant get it home.... lammmme.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 AM   #51
slow_ti

i need the fuel pressure regulator
slow_ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #52
Ji Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmilk400 View Post
your to far to have AAA tow it for me. do you know anyone that could drop it off at 19559 (145 miles away). i can also have AAA tow it closer (up to 100 miles). if any one can help me, that would be awesome. i am interested, but cant get it home.... lammmme.
No I don't have any AAA type hookups either.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 AM   #53
Ji Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_ti View Post
i need the fuel pressure regulator
Car will NEVER be parted! I rather keep it in my garage and work on it myself before I part out my baby!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #54
Ji Money

CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.

THANK YOU.