318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,013,700 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
monk3y666

Default Bulb upgrade

Just replaced my standard bulbs with Superwhites

£10 for a complete set on ebay, I was a bit cynical but they make a MASSIVE difference.

no more yellow glow & the extra brightness comes in handy on rural roads full of roadkilled deer in the UK winter.

Before

After
monk3y666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 AM   #2
318tibabybimmer

oh wow that looks very nice. =D
i will definately look into that.
318tibabybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #3
snwbrdrbum10

ya, i did that too, but i havent gotten the High beams yet. THe Lows are in and are 10 X's better
Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
PettitWC

wow, much better than i expected

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
L84THSKY

What if my angel eyes are a hotter temp like his original lights? I would have to go to a cooler angel eye, to have both match in color temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettitWC View Post
wow, much better than i expected

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
StealthBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
What if my angel eyes are a hotter temp like his original lights? I would have to go to a cooler angel eye, to have both match in color temp.
L8, you will need to buy another set of angel eyes and re-install it into the headlight. No matter what you will end up taking the housing apart. The superwhite bulbs do make a difference in the headlights not just color wise. I went one step above with the euro headlight and HID. This is what L8 should get for his euro.

My Ultimate Driving Machines

BMWCCA #369516
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
StealthBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
L84THSKY

What do you mean for my Euro? I don't think I have euro headlights. So with my depos, I would need to buy a HID system, new rings and new bulbs? Then swap the bulbs and rings by opening up my depos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBimmer View Post
L8, you will need to buy another set of angel eyes and re-install it into the headlight. No matter what you will end up taking the housing apart. The superwhite bulbs do make a difference in the headlights not just color wise. I went one step above with the euro headlight and HID. This is what L8 should get for his euro.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
oakley

i got my bulbs to match the colour output of my angel eyes and it looks the dogs danglys!!
just another questions which im sure u'll all think im stupid for asking but i want more light and my lights just aint cutting it!! iv got driving lights hiden under the grills that come on the my full high beam and thats k but just normal beam needs to be brighter..i'll eventually get an hid kit but until than can i safely change the wattage of the bulbs i use and if so wot should i be looking for (i know if u go too high it'll burn the wires out) so wots safe and bright??
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
pnosker

The depos are designed like the Euros, so they're in effect "euro" lights.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #10
StealthBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
What do you mean for my Euro? I don't think I have euro headlights. So with my depos, I would need to buy a HID system, new rings and new bulbs? Then swap the bulbs and rings by opening up my depos?

Yeap your depo is like euro housing with glass lens. You need to buy a new set of angel eyes and open the housing to swap out old one. Buy HID kit and it will come with ballasts and bulbs ready to be plugged into your depo.

BMWCCA #369516
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
Old 01-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
tol4o

I have the same Depo projectors with angel eyes like Stealth... I am very pleased with the headlight expecially with 6000k H1 HID kit. The light night time is same color like daylight. The reflection from the objects is different and you can see everything so much better. Talking about angel eyes they are junk. I have just one left working so I had to unplug them because it's ugly. I left them inside because day time the headlights look very wild and it's pain in the a** to uninstall them.
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
StealthBimmer

tol4o, try to buy a new inverter first. it might help the angel eyes to light up better. If not then go to another good vendor to buy a replacement set. I personally like the angel eyes with HID!

BMWCCA #369516
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #13
tol4o

I liked them too, but they stopped working. I got mine from the same place where you got yours. Are yours still working good?
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote