318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 99,085 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 62,014 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,286 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
Will'sBimmer

Cool I ordered my Leatherz armrest today.

I placed my order for my armrest and should get it and have it installed by this week. I will post pics of the whole thing if anyone is interested. If not then I will post some pics of how it looks when I get it all done. How many other people on here have an armrest???? and how many have the armrest from Leatherz.com??????
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
ATF

I kind of wanna make my own, it doesnt look THAT hard.
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #3
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
I kind of wanna make my own, it doesnt look THAT hard.

If you make one post pics on how you did it.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

Old 05-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I've had a Leatherz armrest for a few years now in my ti.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
Will'sBimmer

Exclamation

I got good news today. My armrest was shipped just yesterday and already it is here today. Wow and the shipping I got was just USPS priority. Well I will be taking pics and doing the installation work in a few hours. So I will be posting again here soon. Also on a side note. Has anyone ever ordered the door armrests from Leatherz.com They say they fit the Z3 but they also look to fit our door panels too. Here is a pic and tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	door1.jpg Views:	440 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	3866   Click image for larger version Name:	door2.jpg Views:	356 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	3867  

Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sBeamer View Post
I got good news today. My armrest was shipped just yesterday and already it is here today. Wow and the shipping I got was just USPS priority. Well I will be taking pics and doing the installation work in a few hours. So I will be posting again here soon. Also on a side note. Has anyone ever ordered the door armrests from Leatherz.com They say they fit the Z3 but they also look to fit our door panels too. Here is a pic and tell me what you think.
Ask em for dimensions. They did dimensions for the center armrest

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
marko

wow, that looks good too - see I thought you were refering to the center arm rest - which what I would like to get some day. like the ones below..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...est&category0=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sBeamer View Post
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 AM   #8
Will'sBimmer

Default Pics!

Here are just a few pics of the armrest and the process of installing it. I also took the time to take pics of the cupholder and the cupholder area so if anyone wants to know what it looks like without the cupholders. Also I took some pics of these weird drill holes labeled for Telephone holes. There is three in total. And the cupholder has Saratuga or somehting technologies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00054.JPG Views:	374 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	3869   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00055.JPG Views:	349 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	3870   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00058.JPG Views:	353 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	3871  

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00059.JPG Views:	381 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	3872   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00064.JPG Views:	366 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	3873  

Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #9
ATF

I was rather surprised when I took out my cup holders how easy it was to take out.. A few screws and that was that. I was disgusted how much syrup like substance was under it though, damn previous owner was a slob.

Arm rest looks good, still kind of wanna make my own.

edit: Where does the arm rest get mounted to? (On the Arm rest and on the console) I'm curious to see if the hinge area is padded as well.

BMWCCA #403399
Loaded
Traded
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #10
Will'sBimmer

More pics. I will be taking a picture of the armrest in the installed in the car tomorrow morning. Right now it is too dark and I can not get a good pic. So I will clean the interior tomorrow and take a pic of it squeezed between my Vaders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00061.JPG Views:	389 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	3874   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00062.JPG Views:	377 Size:	143.4 KB ID:	3875   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00063.JPG Views:	400 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	3876  

Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #11
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
I was rather surprised when I took out my cup holders how easy it was to take out.. A few screws and that was that. I was disgusted how much syrup like substance was under it though, damn previous owner was a slob.
Yeah I found some dirty sticky stuff too. Not to much of it but enough to make me clean everything out before putting it back. I was also surprised at how easy it was to take off, just two clip screws really. They dont even tighten down they just really snap in.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
ATF

Is the arm rest cushioned or is it like, lightly padded and pretty much solid?

BMWCCA #403399
Loaded
Traded
Old 06-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Is the arm rest cushioned or is it like, lightly padded and pretty much solid?
The armrest is lightly padded I would say. It is not like a cushion that your arm would sink into and then leave an impression when you lift your arm up. But enough padding to be comfortable. I love it. And to answer you other question about the hindge and if it is padded. The armrest was already attached to the hindge, I had to just attach the hindge to the console.There is no padding between the hindge and the back of the console. But there is some padding on the back of the nut plates that are located behind the first wall of plastic where I had to drill holes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say if not then I will take some pics.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 AM   #14
Will'sBimmer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ask em for dimensions. They did dimensions for the center armrest
Ok the dimensions are 2' wide and 11.5' long. I measured my doors and the have the same measurments. So I will be ordering them soon and installing them into my car.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #15
uaza

I don't get it.. my car doesn't have the cupholder.... will this leatherz armrest fit?
uaza is offline   Reply With Quote