318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 340,919 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #91
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfronter View Post
I actually kinda like the picture you submitted, but if you take another shot to submit you'll be able to roll your window all the way up for that shot. For some reason every time I look at your pic my eye goes directly to the cracked window.

Oh and I really like the ACS wing you have on your ti. I want to get one as well.
wow i didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. Yeah i decided that I'm going to do my best this time.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #92
madfronter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
wow i didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. Yeah i decided that I'm going to do my best this time.
You are welcome!

Current mods...18" staggered CSL reps, ZHP shift knob,
BavAuto lowering springs, Bilstein sports, fogged airbox,
Dinan ECU upgrade, mtech front bumper, mirrors and
side moldings, DEPO headlights, tinted windows,
JL Audio 12w3v2s, Phoenix Gold ZX350...
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #93
thesk8nmidget

photoshop the broken window out.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #94
aceyx

Hugo, while I file this whole predicament under "not cool," there was no reason to PM me about it.

Maverix; while technically there was no cheating by inviting your friends to vote, it kind of undermines the entire purpose of the calendar. If they want to buy it, sure, but other than that, what investment do they have in this forum as a community?

My vote is to kill the accounts and remove their votes (unless they own M42/44 or 3xxti), then let it go on as it used to.

If we were at a bar, I'd probably intencidentally spill a beer on you people for wasting everyone's time.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #95
AcE

no go.
AcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #96
bmwpelican

nicely put.aceyx

and regardless to what happenes with steve and revoking your picture or what not, you just lost all respect to everyone on the board. i know its the internet and you can probably just make a new name and get a new internet identity. but i would rather have the respect of people who can help me deeply with my car rather than having my pic in a calender

but just throwing it out there, did anyone think outside the box? as in hugo created them to make him look bad? i know these 2 have some history apparently? idk though, just throwing my two sense out there.
bmwpelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #97
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
and on second thought the ip address should be checked on those accounts it may very well match someone besides maverick and they may very well be from someone who is trying to make mav look like a cheater.

it wouldnt surprise me ONE tiny bit!
I think I might know who it is. But i'll let Steve handle him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfronter View Post
On a side note I really only see about 8-10 pictures that have been submitted that are actually calendar worthy. Obviously this is my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone in particular, but it just seems like many have not put much effort into creating an original shot of their car. Like hey I just washed my car, its parked in the driveway in the mid day sun with cars in the background and what not. I actually scouted out locations and waited for decent lighting before I take my pictures. I just want to see some effort put into this to make it a nice as we possibly can.
I did the same thing. I actually had to skip work (to get the right lighting that I wanted), and drive a couple miles (not all of Texas is country life) just to get the scenery that I wanted. I can understand if people give me a 2 because they don't like my car. But a 1 for not putting an effort? Common! I know the background doesn't look that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
I would not buy the calendar if, in my opinion, the worst looking pictures were put into it. I'm not saying that is going to happen but it could and no one should be locked into buying something when the final version isn't decided.
People aren't locked into buying the calender. People can wait till the last day that all the pictures are submitted so they can see what cars will be present in the contest. And honestly, I don't care what cars go into the calender. I just want to flip to a page and see a cool ti of the month there.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #98
spidertri

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
People aren't locked into buying the calender. People can wait till the last day that all the pictures are submitted so they can see what cars will be present in the contest. And honestly, I don't care what cars go into the calender. I just want to flip to a page and see a cool ti of the month there.
I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. Obviously people can wait till the last day...?

You said only people who preorder the calendar can vote, that seems like people would be locked into buying it otherwise they can't vote... So because no one wants to be locked into something they can't see the final version of, no one preorders, therefore no one votes.

I'm not talking about this anymore.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #99
Will'sBimmer

all i can say is "Wow"! "Wow"! It went to this. Tsk Tsk. I am staying away from this since my Ti has real problems like gaskets leaking, needs a new hood and nose panel, O2 sensor, and other little tweaks.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #100
trickiekid

Wow, I am a guy who thinks that there are no such things as coincidences. I think that this thread should honestly be locked ASAP. This has gotten out of control. Yes, EVERY voting system is flawed (hanging chads much?). I honestly can not think of a fair way for all standing members to have a fair and equal vote. I think that maybe a fair way to vote, and a way that the website would benefit, would be to have only the site supporters to vote. That way if someone would want to cast mulitple votes, they are going to pay for it. And generally speaking, many cheaters come from a poor, sad, and generally pathetic existence and are too cheap to vote twice. Yes, of course this way is flawed too, those more fortunate hold the ability to vote twice or more. But you know the famous quote from P.T. Barnum, "A fool and his money are soon parted."
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #101
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpelican View Post
and regardless to what happenes with steve and revoking your picture or what not, you just lost all respect to everyone on the board. i know its the internet and you can probably just make a new name and get a new internet identity. but i would rather have the respect of people who can help me deeply with my car rather than having my pic in a calender
I don't plan to make another account. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. My cousin is fascinated with my ti. I told him about the contest and asked if he wanted to rate. He rated fairly. I'm not the only person that he gave a 10 to. Same with heeleh, but I didn't expect him to rate unfairly.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
~Jess
Old 09-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #102
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
and on second thought the ip address should be checked on those accounts it may very well match someone besides maverick and they may very well be from someone who is trying to make mav look like a cheater.

it wouldnt surprise me ONE tiny bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpelican View Post
but just throwing it out there, did anyone think outside the box? as in hugo created them to make him look bad? i know these 2 have some history apparently? idk though, just throwing my two sense out there.
WOW just amazing. You guys actually think it was me? I ENCOURAGE for the IPs to get checked on those 3 accounts. WOW you two just can't get passed the fact that it is "HuGo" can't you? But i BET if it were someone else other than me to make this thread...this thought wont even cross your mind! (As in the OP is the one who made the accounts).

History with maverix? No. That would be jess and maverix that have a history. I think if anything i had a history with Jess, Dusten, tifreak and others i have forgetten.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #103
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
WOW just amazing. You guys actually think it was me? I ENCOURAGE for the IPs to get checked on those 3 accounts. WOW you two just can't get passed the fact that it is "HuGo" can't you? But i BET if it were someone else other than me to make this thread...this thought wont even cross your mind! (As in the OP is the one who made the accounts).

History with maverix? No. That would be jess and maverix that have a history. I think if anything i had a history with Jess, Dusten, tifreak and others i have forgetten.
It's not the history, but the derogatory crap you've sent me through pm.

I'm leaving now. If it is you for starting all this conspiracy, and Steve announces it, I don't think he would need to ban you. I've provided to my IP address to everyone so that they can see where I'm logging in from. The other IP's will show what city, state, and the company that provides the internet connection. So good luck.
~Jess
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #104
HuGo

Quote:
It's not the history, but the derogatory crap you've sent me through pm.
And so what? It has been through PM. Like it should be.

Quote:
I'm leaving now. If it is you for starting all this conspiracy, and Steve announces it, I don't think he would need to ban you. I've provided to my IP address to everyone so that they can see where I'm logging in from. The other IP's will show what city, state, and the company that provides the internet connection. So good luck.
I aint got anything to worry about I'm not going to do something stupid like jeopardize my ability to be in the org and get kicked out for you.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #105
Mallard

Vehicles

I wish to complain.

Ive also recieved a PM on this subject..

I think that considering the owner has been outed, that the voting be allowed to continue as is.

If the controlling body decides the voting to be bogus, then there should be an anouncement to the owner/poster , and the vehicle ommited from the calender.

But a public witch-hunt, which quite frankly this has become, is a waste of time and energy.

Its obvious in my opinion which Ti´s will make it into the callender, so Maveriks alledged attempts should in reality have no baring on its outcome.

To HUgo, as much as i apprieciate the PM, i think its very heavy handed that you mail me, and i dare say many others to give your argument more weight..

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote