318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 993,710 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
Marv17

Default Marv's 332ti update

So I haven't been posting in a long while. Its been chaotic with work and school lately, especially with the fraternity demanding so much time as well.
Well I've finished the swap back in March but have had a bad luck day when my ti got hit. Not going into details what happened, but I'm okay. My ti took a little hit, passenger fender and door need to be fixed/replaced and it needs to be pulled about 1/4 inch or so.
So my uncle and I are going to do the repairs. He has this machine that can straighten out cars; He's a jack of all trades regarding cars.
Meanwhile, while getting new parts in I got a hook up from a guy my sister knows at the dealer. Gave me his cost for parts I needed. Saved a bunch of money there.
I also went ahead and got a New UUC Magnesium strut bar, x-brace, cross drilled front M3 rotors with the M3 front shocks, a 3 spoke euro steering wheel, ZHP shift knob, and matching pedals for the clutch and brake to match the AC schnitzer ones I have already. The car runs strong still. Power that I am happy with for a long time now. Don't need to go turbo or SC now, cuz I still need to learn what the car is capable of now.
Anyway once that is all done I'm going to get a respray or something. Not sure about how I'm going to deal with the paint job but it'll be done.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
BimmerBum

Vehicles

PICS!

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
tiFreak

Vehicles

glad the damage wasn't too bad, definitely post pics (after repairs )
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Hey Marv, when you go to get your car painted, we should try to do them both at the same time. Maybe we could get a little discount. I was thinking about taking mine to the shop that did David's since they did such a great job on it. I think he paid about 2700 or 2800 for a complete respray, but it looked better than factory. I'd expect mine to cost a little more due to the custom body work that I'm doing. Anyway, glad to hear things are getting better for ya. Your Ti will back up and looking sharp in no time!
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #5
StealthBimmer

Good to hear from you and your updates. Sounds like you got some new mods and upgrades! Now get some pics for us to check out.

My Ultimate Driving Machines

BMWCCA #369516
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
StealthBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Marv17

yeah as soon as i can get decent pictures i'll post them up.

jesse- yeah, ill probably be down to do that. unless my uncle wants to do the respray. at least a temporary one 'til i get more money for the real thing.
he's been too busy to help work on it lately.

i've been having problems putting on the x-brace. apparently looks as if my ti didnt come with the threads already on the front cross member. i had to get the nut-serts but they are a pain in the a$$. anyone know another way of doing so? or an easier way to get them in? i've read numerous threads on here and BF.com and understeer but its still difficult.

-Theta Chi-

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:46 AM   #7
wolferj-RIP

Marv, that's lousy that you got hit, glad you're ok... I don't think there is any easy way to install the x-brace, from what I've read.. and oh yeah, Pics!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
HuGo

Be honest. You know when you were done you went smashing on it and crashed it

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
Marv17

do you guys think welding on the x-brace is a good idea? the damn nut-serts are a b!tch to put in.
or should i tack weld on the edges of the nut-serts to make it easier? need input please.

-Theta Chi-

Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
Bobbak

throw the nutserts away go to home depot get 1/2 inch nuts and bolts weld the nuts to the car and just screw in the bolts thats what i did works great the nutserts are a PITA
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 AM   #11
Marv17

wait a minute. where did you weld the nuts onto? the inside or outside of the cross member??

-Theta Chi-

Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #12
Marv17

does anyone know where i can get a set of rear cross drilled rotors for the ti? or would know if the z3 rear rotors fit the ti??

-Theta Chi-

Old 04-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #13
Bobbak

http://www.mcmaster.com/#nuts/=1mc1vb

use these marv weld them on the outside of the x member
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
do you guys think welding on the x-brace is a good idea? the damn nut-serts are a b!tch to put in.
or should i tack weld on the edges of the nut-serts to make it easier? need input please.
Last time I did this I just tapped the nutserts into the sub frame without drilling then ran the bolts in with an air gun. Quick and easy.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBum View Post
Last time I did this I just tapped the nutserts into the sub frame without drilling then ran the bolts in with an air gun. Quick and easy.
hey, do you guys offer x-drilled rear rotors by any chance or know who has them??

-Theta Chi-