318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 390,789 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
SUPERCHARGED330TI

Default dont know why, but i'm building a supercharged 330ti this weekend.

the project begins, original owner of a 95 ti, 3.2 liter-w/obd 1 conversion/supercharged with AA tuning exhaust/shifter/etc.etc.etc...the dash will be taken out as well. I guess I just got bored...what do you guys think???
SUPERCHARGED330TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
96cali

Dang, when most people get bored they just turn on the TV or something. You're pushing new ground, AFAIK no one has done a supercharged 6 cyl app.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
cali-ti
aka Stabby

so you have a ti and a SC'd motor and you're going to combine them this weekend? or you have a ti with a 3.0 6 and you're going to SC it this weekend?

either way, get some bleach in preparation for the sweet tire smokin' pics you're going to take when you're done
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
SUPERCHARGED330TI

Default STARTING THIS SATURDAY

GOT THE TI, GOT A DONAR CAR, GOT A SEDAN DASH/CLIMATE/CONTROL(DIGITAL)...SUPERCHARGER, M TECH BODY/ 18" STAGGERED HAMAANS. THIS WILL INTERESTING AND TOUGH...,I'LL GET SOME PICS OF THE PROCESS..
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
J!m

Vehicles

Sounds like a fun project!

Don't forget to get an M roadster sub-frame assembly (complete). With 360BHP you will be breaking ti diffs faster than old ladies break hips...

Should not take more than 6 days (including suspension change) if you are working alone. If you have help, that job can easily be done in a weekend.

Keep us posted on progress...

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
SUPERCHARGED330TI

Default QUESTION FOR SOMEONE ABOUT TWO THINGS

-FOR THE DASH CONVERSION, DO YOU GUYS THINK I WILL NEED A 325I BODY HARNESS, KEEPING IN MIND THAT I WILL BE DOING A COMPLETE 97 SEDAN DASH WITH DIGITAL CLIMATE CONTROL(HAVE THE HEATER BOX AND ALL CONTROLS).
-THE REAR END, THINK I MAY BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH JUST A DIFFERENTIAL, OR WILL I HAVE TO DO THE COMPLETE SUBFRAME(WHICH IS WHAT I THINK I WILL HAVE TO DO).

ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED
Old 03-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
J!m

Vehicles

Personally, I would (and did) change the whole thing.

EVERYTHING is beefier; brakes, trailing arms, sub frame itself, half shafts, and of course, the diff. It just makes sense.

As far as the dash goes, I know that in order to make the traction control work, you need to swap the entire harness (totally different arrangement between the M3 and ti). With a wiring diagram, you can probably figure out what you need, and run new wire in the ti dash. BUT, the ti has very few fancy options as compared to the regular E36, so it gets complicated fast. I wouldn't bother with the fancy climate control myself, but to answer your question, the entire harness will most likely need to be transplanted to make it all work (and this transplant will negate the need for the next paragraph).

Also, there is a post regarding the MPG gage. Run a wire to the cluster from the under hood connector, and it will work. The ti does not have the wire, because the ti cluster does not have the gage.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 AM   #8
SUPERCHARGED330TI

Default STARTED PART 1 THIS WEEKEND

THANKS FOR YOU INPUT J!M,
(THIS WEEKEND)i GUTTED THE TI COMPLETELY, FROM INTERIOR TO ENGINE/TRANS/DRIVESHAFT...
-AS FAR THE DIGI CLIMATE CONTROL GOES, I JUST LIKE THE WAY IT ACCENTS THE INTERIOR AND THE LUXURY IT PROVIDES PLUS, I ALREADY BOUGHT THE WHOLE SETUP.
-NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT TRACTION CONTROL,(MAYBE i SHOULD BE), BUT I WILL BE DOING A 3.2 LITER W/OBD1 SETUP,SUPERCHARGED...
-SO YOU SAID YOU'VE DONE THIS...ARE YOU ENJOYING IT??? I CANT WAIT, I JUST HOPE I CAN MAKE IT WORK,
-I AM TRYING TO FIND A SUBFRAME THOUGH, YOU MADE A GOOD POINT ABOUT IT, SINCE ALL THAT POWER WILL BE GOING THROUGH IT.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:47 AM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

can you unlock the caps lock? it would be greatly appreciated
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #10
SUPERCHARGED330TI

Default A LITTLE HELP HERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Well so far, this is what i've done:
Got the full interior in and the digi-climate control on!!
I decided to go with a 3.2 liter/supercharged motor instead, so i've got the block and transmission lowered into the car,
Does anyone know if i can just use obd1 harness/fuel rails/intake/computer only(along with software of course), or will I have to change the actual head of the block to a 95? I was thinking I could use the 3.2 liter block completely with the head and bolt on all of the 3.0 stuff onto it.

Any help would be a great help!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 AM   #11
AlaskaBlue

a good place to start with the OBD-II to OBD-I conversion would be http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com