318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
Yesterday 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 943,646 Views
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,639 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-21-2005, 10:42 PM   #61
Dredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
This was supposed to be a complete kit, not a fix me up. So comparing the cost to a DASC by adding all of the "Missing" parts is irrelevant.
This is exactly why its false advertisement. They are marketing this kit as a full complete kit.

I bet you if yu get a lawyer they will cease and desist. You might end up getting a free supercharger for this action. I'm do glad my sister is dating a lawyer. "Free representation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
Sue them for false advertisement.....Get some money for your headace while your at it. Go see your shrink. This will allow you to get more money for pain and suffering. What a doucebag.

S50 Swap, Euro 3.5" HFM (MAF), my custom Chip, Cosmo CAI, Custom Exhaust, 6 Cyl. Gauge cluster, 80C thermostat, E46 330 Front Brakes, Powder coated Calipers, Clear Corners, Black Grill, UUC SSK, M3 Front Strut, M3 Front Springs, Powder Coated Valve Cover, ZR3 Laser. and some
Dredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:25 PM   #62
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

I think we can do better than that. The negative publicity that they WILL be getting will be better than getting a lawyer. L8's credit card company should handle the refund process if KO doesn't agree to accept the returned merchandise.

I hope everyone appreciates how great this forum is. It just saved a bunch of people about $2000 a piece, plus saved their cars from almost certain destruction. Thanks to L8 for taking a chance! L8, let us know how the return process goes.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #63
L84THSKY

Joe @ Ko is not returning my calls. That is a good indication of his credibility. There is no doubt he is reading this stuff, he can't resist.

The best thing for him to do is refund me my money, own up to his design, and try harder next time around. To behave unprofessionally only undermines any future business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
I think we can do better than that. The negative publicity that they WILL be getting will be better than getting a lawyer. L8's credit card company should handle the refund process if KO doesn't agree to accept the returned merchandise.

I hope everyone appreciates how great this forum is. It just saved a bunch of people about $2000 a piece, plus saved their cars from almost certain destruction. Thanks to L8 for taking a chance! L8, let us know how the return process goes.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:05 AM   #64
Viper3812

Well I got some good news. I talked to Joe from K.O. about the supercharger. He sent me pics of the the 2nd design that L8 recieved, but this one has a better finish to it as the plate being cut to fitting with the sueprcharger and the manifold. He said they have plenty of the first design and if you purchase the supercharger that you have the choice of of getting the new design or the first design which works well. They both produce the same amount of power. I think I will go with the first design when I get it. I will have pics loaded up later.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Viper3812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #65
L84THSKY

Tell him to call me, I have a supercharger to send him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper3812
Well I got some good news. I talked to Joe from K.O. about the supercharger. He sent me pics of the the 2nd design that L8 recieved, but this one has a better finish to it as the plate being cut to fitting with the sueprcharger and the manifold. He said they have plenty of the first design and if you purchase the supercharger that you have the choice of of getting the new design or the first design which works well. They both produce the same amount of power. I think I will go with the first design when I get it. I will have pics loaded up later.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 11-22-2005, 04:29 AM   #66
L84THSKY

I appreciate your loyalty. This guy f$%^s me over, and the only thing you care about is reaping some kind of benefit from it.

Quote:

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #67
AlaskaBlue

I purchased a part from Joe at KO too...I purchased the "M3 throttle body conversion kit"
This is all I got

I called Joe. He said the rest was coming. I told him not to send it. That I wanted a refund of my money. He said ok. I have faith that he will put the money back on the credit card. If not, there are going to be problems.

Just for a reference this is what the kit was supposed to contain.
We have a throttle body kit for the 318.
In my opinion ,however biast that may be,Is the bes throttle body kit out there. Its a complete conversion kit to fit the 3.2l M3 throttle body to your 318 or z3 1.9l. kit includes:
M3 throttle body
Throttle body adapter plate
Throttle cable fittings
New KO Custom throttle position sensor
Idle controll valve converter plate
Gaskets
And NO, we do not sell the kit without the throttle body, we modify the throttle body for this aplication.
Price: MSRP $299 call for special pricing (888)-581-1035

Like I said Joe will make it right. I hope they do not give up on the 318 models, but go back to drawing board and totally rethink every step of production they have so far. So that they can make a quality product.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:59 AM   #68
Viper3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I appreciate your loyalty. This guy f$%^s me over, and the only thing you care about is reaping some kind of benefit from it.
I'm not on anyone's side here, I'm on my own view of everything I see and hear. I said early that I was sorry about what happend, you should of received a better model. I wanted to hear his story of the supercharger and know if that is actually what they are selling because I want to get one, but if they are all the same then I won't. I can't judge it automatically from 1 story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	NewImage3.JPG Views:	431 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	879   Click image for larger version Name:	NewImage4.JPG Views:	427 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	880   Click image for larger version Name:	NewImage5.JPG Views:	417 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	881  

Click image for larger version Name:	NewImage.JPG Views:	371 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	882  

Old 11-22-2005, 05:03 AM   #69
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

I think I just threw up in my mouth....

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #70
L84THSKY

Oh, so if he said, "No we only sell that to people we **** over". Then you would of said, "OK, as long as you don't do it to me, that's cool".

So tell me, what was his comment about the system he sold me, did he brag about it?

Quote:
I'm not on anyone's side here, I'm on my own view of everything I see and hear. I said early that I was sorry about what happend, you should of received a better model. I wanted to hear his story of the supercharger and know if that is actually what they are selling because I want to get one, but if they are all the same then I won't. I can't judge it automatically from 1 story.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 11-22-2005, 05:29 AM   #71
Viper3812

No, I wouldn't do that and no company should do that.
Ok, I called him and asked about the pictures on the forum and he looked at them. He said that when you ordered the supercharger that you needed it for the coming weekend or you would not buy it I think and that was when they were working on the 2nd model and apparently you got what was in the pictures. That's all I got and he said that they are all cut to the supercharger and I think he said that the DASC has 1 hole for the ports to their 3.5 .

This is the info that I got and like I said, I'm not trying to get on your bad side and I'm not on their side, I just wanted to know, inform, and show to everyone else here what I know.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:02 AM   #72
robcarync

whether or not he screwed L8 over...which he did....look at the craftsmenship on it....its horrible...i dont even know how it performs once installed, but i wouldnt trust that POS on my car...
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:14 AM   #73
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue
I hope they do not give up on the 318 models, but go back to drawing board and totally rethink every step of production they have so far. So that they can make a quality product.
including quality welds ... my God ...
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 AM   #74
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
including quality welds ... my God ...
I actually laughed when I opened the box and removed the bubble wrap....after I stopped swearing.

I am just going to go with ITBs...so I guess it all works out.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #75
marcus2116

just by looking at the pics of it on that z3 i wouldnt have bought it. The rain tray isnt even on the car and the wiring harness is just dangling. The install looks micky mouse. just my 2 cents