318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,002,056 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
Maxele12

Default Have to replace rear muffler assembly

I have a 1998 318ti i recently got hit from the back and the muffler cracked i am getting paid out by the insurece but i want to buy my own part and have someone install does anyone know were i can get a good quality one that is not that expensive and i also need the front and back set of shocks
Maxele12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
pnosker

I would go for a better low-restriction muffler to replace it. The Stromung is good. If you can find it used, I would get the Bosal Catback. Definitely the best value. Should be able to pick it up between $100 and $200 used. Stainless steel so no rusting issues. I had that on a different Ti and it was great. Also alright is the ANSA for a budget. It's about the price of an OEM replacement. Make sure you get the ANSA sport exhaust.

Some say the Supersprint is good.

Anyway, just a google search for a generic replacement (OEM type) would get the cheapest. Also, for replacement shocks- I suggest the shocks from the Sport package are the best if you want to stick with OEM. Otherwise, get Bilstein sport monotube shocks or Koni adjustables. Both have great warranties.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
Maxele12

thank you i was looking on ebay and both items were in my price range thanks also can i ask another question when i turn on my car and turn on the heat i dosnt seem to heat up it takes for every to warm up but when i start driving the tempeture nossle starts to move back down towards cold but when im just sitting in the car not moving it goes to the middle do you know what the problem could be do you think it could have somthing to do with my fan
Maxele12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
pnosker

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
lysergicsurfer

Mine does the same thing, I think a few of us have that problem. I have been wondering about it for a while, but its not too cold here so I just wear a jacket on those days. I plan on doing a cooling system rebuild later in the spring and I will try to diagnose it while doing one thing at a time. Some say bad thermastat, some say the knob for the heater is broke and wont go to heat when you turn it, some say you need to bleed the coolant. There are alot of things people have said around here if you look, but I am sure that most cars have differnt problems so there isnt any simple fix.

My advice is to do a cooling system refresh; if you are not certain when the last time your car has had coolant, water pump, thermastat or anything changed then it is probly time. I am going to replace the thermastat, water pump(with the metal impeller so it wont break and last longer), hoses, and coolant. Along with the two plastic coolant fittings on the block that break(search on here for it), doing all this isnt nessecary but it is a great safety precaution before I start going on long drives/auto-x/hard driving this summer.
lysergicsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote