318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 97,908 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 60,771 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,116 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Default Steering wheel cover??

I have a question for you guys/girls. My steering wheel is pretty beet up from the sun and everyday abuse it gets and wanted a leather cover that will fit it. I tried useing leather conditioner on it and i got to say it helped out alot,got rid of some cracks in it and gave it some life back. I don't want something that will look half ass but something that fits it well. Anyone put a cover on there wheel before?
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
bmw318tiChic

This is the cover I have on mine:

It's kind of ratty looking now. The sun has sort of messed it up. Anyway, it's a good way to avoid your wheel getting messed up by the sun.
bmw318tiChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
nick_hegel

Go to Bavauto.com and get Part number WS 102 00 AXX. I got it a month or so ago in plain black and it looks great and feels great too. About as close to oem as you can get without buying a new wheel. I can post pics of it later tonight or tomorrow if you would like. Let me know!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Go to Bavauto.com and get Part number WS 102 00 AXX. I got it a month or so ago in plain black and it looks great and feels great too. About as close to oem as you can get without buying a new wheel. I can post pics of it later tonight or tomorrow if you would like. Let me know!

Yeah i actually saw that b4 online. It didn't look like it fit real well. How do you like yours? Does it move around at all? That would be great if you post a pic.

Thanx
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
nick_hegel

The wheel got a little bit bulkier, but I got used to it and prefer it now. The fit is awesome. No movement at all. I'll grab a pic when I get home tonight.
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 09-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
nick_hegel

Sorry these are the best I could do. I've never taken pics of just a steering wheel. That last one is a close up of the only spot you can tell that it's a cover and not the original leather.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #7
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Is this the normal leather one or the preforated top and bottom one? I saw a two tone color one on there website which i'm thinking about,possibly dark navy blue/black leather one.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #8
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Is this the normal leather one or the preforated top and bottom one? I saw a two tone color one on there website which i'm thinking about,possibly dark navy blue/black leather one.
Just normal leather, no perforations. I thought about doing the two-tone one, but then it wouldn't match anything on the interior. So I went with just plain black. If you buy this wear a pair of batting gloves or something to protect your hands. The stitching that they give will tear your fingers up. For like a week after I still had open wounds on my finger. The install is really easy though!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i wish they made the perforated leather in monochrome ... what's the deal with that? i just got a new shift knob and now would like to cover the poor looking leather on my wheel too. thanks for posting pics nick!

EDIT: btw, bav auto has these on sale right now.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
nick_hegel

No problem! I need to clean the interior really bad and then wash and wax this weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
Ken

I know this is an old thread, so I'm sorry for the bump, but is the thing so rough that you really need gloves to drive or what?

Oh, and also.. since my car is Avus Blue Metallic, would the Cobalt one look retarded? I can't tell whether Cobalt or Blue would match the car better...

And if both of those would look retarded, I'd probably get the charcoal instead of the black, since the airbag thing is pretty faded.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
Ken

Well, I went ahead and ordered a Wheelskins EuroTone 2 color.. I went with Blue for top / bottom, and charcoal for the sides.

I was going to go with the Cobalt since my car is Avus Blue Metallic, but the pictures I've seen of it look so much more like sky blue than something that'd match my car
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote