318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing

Notices

Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing Discuss "organized" racing, car set-ups, driving techniques, track tips, events, driving schools, maintenance and more.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 106,103 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 69,049 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 66,292 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #61
rochey6957

Vehicles

what happened to the back seats? if you gut that interior i call dibs on it!!

***Derek***

^^Lola^^
Pioneer radio/ Pioneer 6-Disk CD Changer/ JBL 601.1 Grand Touring Amplifier/ Bilstein Sport shocks/ Bilstein e36sedan springs/ Green LED Courtesy Lights

Accident Counter: 3...
rochey6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #62
tiFreak

Vehicles

back and driver seats are in my basement, I don't think I'm going to be completely gutting it any time soon though. my last track car was gutted and I regretted doing that
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #63
tiFreak

Vehicles

finally got the correct rear rotors from bavauto, also picked up the e-brake hardware kit since the shoe retainers were missing.

I did the oil filter housing gasket today, wasn't too difficult but I did strip out the tensioner bolt putting the belt back on got the belt back on with a prybar so it's good for now but I'm eventually going to have to address that. I was planning on doing my rear brakes too but after that I was ready to stop working
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #64
BimmerBum

Vehicles

What rear rotors did you get?

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #65
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
finally got the correct rear rotors from bavauto, also picked up the e-brake hardware kit since the shoe retainers were missing.

I did the oil filter housing gasket today, wasn't too difficult but I did strip out the tensioner bolt putting the belt back on got the belt back on with a prybar so it's good for now but I'm eventually going to have to address that. I was planning on doing my rear brakes too but after that I was ready to stop working
I've never really liked bavauto. Plenty of places sell centric blanks, and I've been using those for several years now on my track only car. I had a situation come up where I didn't have my spare rotors with me, so I stuck an autozone duralast lifetime warranty rotor on there, and within three days it was developing a major crack from the exterior edge. Autozone replaced it, and now those rotors are my emergency only spares. Point being, the centric rotors are much better quality than other similarly priced rotors. No need for overpriced zimmerman, etc.. type rotors. And definitely don't need slotted or drilled.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #66
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I've never really liked bavauto. Plenty of places sell centric blanks, and I've been using those for several years now on my track only car. I had a situation come up where I didn't have my spare rotors with me, so I stuck an autozone duralast lifetime warranty rotor on there, and within three days it was developing a major crack from the exterior edge. Autozone replaced it, and now those rotors are my emergency only spares. Point being, the centric rotors are much better quality than other similarly priced rotors. No need for overpriced zimmerman, etc.. type rotors. And definitely don't need slotted or drilled.
The only rotors I see on BavAuto's site do not say what brand they are... they are 29.95 each. Are those centrics?

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #67
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I've never really liked bavauto. Plenty of places sell centric blanks, and I've been using those for several years now on my track only car.
I haven't had a problem with bavauto or parts from them. I had originally gotten Centrics for it but unfortunately the parts store didn't know the difference between a 318ti and a 318i and they didn't have the correct rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBum View Post
The only rotors I see on BavAuto's site do not say what brand they are... they are 29.95 each. Are those centrics?
not sure what they are, just says Bavarian Autosport on the box, from what I'm reading online they're supposedly Brembos, didn't think to check any of the fine print on the box though

I did the rear brakes today using the Bavauto rotors and Pagid red pads, guess I'll find out how good those rotors are at the autocross this Sunday

Last edited by tiFreak; 04-28-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #68
tiFreak

Vehicles

could have sworn I posted these here, guess I forgot about it. these are videos from my autocross late last month

Wednesday I had a friend of mine weld a Borla muffler on, left the factory resonator on so it has a nice deep sound. today I installed an M3 front lip and a set of 225/50R16 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs

Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #69
jekaio

cool build.

ive been starting to think about some fender flares for mine, but dont know if a company make's rivet on flares for our body styles, or what other cars would fit.
jekaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #70
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekaio View Post
cool build.

ive been starting to think about some fender flares for mine, but dont know if a company make's rivet on flares for our body styles, or what other cars would fit.
thanks, DTMFiberwerkz makes some fender flares, the universal ones fit a ti, no idea how they attach though
Old 06-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #71
tiFreak

Vehicles

I'm not good at keeping this thread up to date

last week I replaced the fuel filter and flushed the power steering fluid. checked my spark plugs to see if it was the cause of my slightly rough idle and they came out covered in oil. looks like I'm doing a valve cover gasket before the next autocross. I also installed a new stereo

now I can finally listen to my iPod on the way down to events

the day after I did that I went to an autocross, finished 22nd out of 27 overall, not the best but at least all my runs were clean and my car handled awesome with my new tires. my electric fan is pretty damaged though, I had to keep getting out and messing with the wire to get it to kick on so I wouldn't overheat when I was in line, something else I need to replace before the next event.

biggest problem I had during the race, which I feel kind of stupid about, was that I didn't tighten my gas cap all the way after filling the tank the day before. for my first 6 runs I was dumping gas out onto my right rear wheel which made all the gold paint run onto the sidewalls of my tires

the day after the race I went to a friends house where a few people were doing some painting and finally got my rear bumper painted

you can kind of see the gold paint on my tire in this pic