318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,006,112 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
milehigh96caliti

I know that feeling Josh...I don't know if I would have done anything other than craigslist if I'd been able to sell Sean's zippy. Especially if I had needed the money for an attorney. The peeps in Colorado all knew I might be selling it (and you too) and they've all worked on it with him so it wouldn't have really been necessary to sell it on the forum. I really couldn't see anyone coming from out of state to buy it either.

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #32

So Josh, did you send Jay pictures of the rusted out areas in the rockers and floor behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels before he bought the car? There is also a 2-3 foot long rip, tear, gash, whatever in the driver's side floorpan. This looks fairly recent, as it's not rusty, but also isn't shiny, either. It looks like something that happened after the car was lowered, as there are other gouges in the floor. Jay said you didn't tell him how bad the rust was or about the rip. Do you know how it happened, or did you get it like that from Amy?

Thanks,

vince
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #33
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Dude, who really gives a sh!t what Josh told Jay? Get over it and move on already. Seriously man, you're making yourself look like a complete and total a-hole trying to bring up dirt on Josh. Why did you even join this site if you're just gonna harp on something that doesn't concern you. It's none of your business what took place, Josh doesn't owe you an explanation. Enoughs enough, it's over. So Josh owned the car before you, you ended up with it and that's that.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #34
minicoop900

i agree, your just making yourself look bad. if you have issues with it now, bring them up with him personally instead of attacking him publicly.

^being rebuilt^

until then:
daily car:
96' Blue DASC'd ti with koni coilovers
slowly progressing...
weekend car:
85 1/2' 944 Porsche
no a/c, p/s, gutted cat, loud as hell exhaust, loud as hell sound system
minicoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #35
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Dude, who really gives a sh!t what Josh told Jay? Get over it and move on already. Seriously man, you're making yourself look like a complete and total a-hole trying to bring up dirt on Josh. Why did you even join this site if you're just gonna harp on something that doesn't concern you. It's none of your business what took place, Josh doesn't owe you an explanation. Enoughs enough, it's over. So Josh owned the car before you, you ended up with it and that's that.
+1

Vince you bought the car with these issues, this no longer concerns josh. You knew what you were getting into when you bought the car. So why do you keep asking josh questions about that sale?

Also i would suggest you PM josh if you have more questions, instead of writing them here.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #36
milehigh96caliti

DITTO...I'm with Jess and Dave. This is getting silly. Josh no longer owns the car and hasn't for quite some time and you didn't buy it from him so he's no longer in the picture and he owes you no explanations, publicly or privately.

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #37
b.u.ti-ful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318318 View Post
So Josh, did you send Jay pictures of the rusted out areas in the rockers and floor behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels before he bought the car? There is also a 2-3 foot long rip, tear, gash, whatever in the driver's side floorpan. This looks fairly recent, as it's not rusty, but also isn't shiny, either. It looks like something that happened after the car was lowered, as there are other gouges in the floor. Jay said you didn't tell him how bad the rust was or about the rip. Do you know how it happened, or did you get it like that from Amy?

Thanks,

vince
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your car.

I think we can all remember when we bought our first car and failed to inspect it properly, so you are not alone!

You might be able to get some money back from the person who sold it to you, but you would have to be pretty persistent.

Hopefully this website will be useful to you in making the repairs if you are handy with tools.

Good luck!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #38
thesk8nmidget

yeah this is getting pretty out of hand, i would have gladly talked to you over the phone about the car or in pms but you are publicly attacking me for something that is not in my control, we have all offered to welcome you to the forums with open hands and assist you in anything you need, including personal info on this car. but that doesnt seem to matter to you.

you really are not making a good start for yourself here.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #39

Hmmmm, friends of Josh strike again...

Not sure how to word this, surely someone will be offended, but that's not the intent.

On the many other forums and lists I'm on, things are much more open, and more concerned about the vehicles, and less about looking good or bad on a website. Here, it feels it's not as open, more of a small group of people more worried about sticking up for each other as opposed to a place to freely and openly discuss our cars, their pasts and the things we want to do with them.

It may be hard to believe, but there are some of us that don't jump on this inter-web thing to share our personal lives and make friends, and instead look for information about our hobbies, maybe share some info when possible. Along the way we might make friends outside of the cars, but that wasn't the initial reason.

That's my '02 cents. You don't like it, I've got no apologies.
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #40
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
On the many other forums and lists I'm on, things are much more open, and more concerned about the vehicles, and less about looking good or bad on a website.
I am afraid that I have had quite the opposite impression from other forums, BMW ones specifically. The e36 M3 forum section of Bimmerforums, for example, is filled with spoiled, childish, impetuous little brats who spend all day putting down others to feel superior. Not exactly a good resource...

Quote:
Here, it feels it's not as open, more of a small group of people more worried about sticking up for each other as opposed to a place to freely and openly discuss our cars, their pasts and the things we want to do with them.
This forum is really unique, and people here are really devoted to bettering their cars and creating a knowledge base not available elsewhere. It's also like a family, and we have our squabbles, too. It's too bad if you feel that we are defending Josh and ganging up on you. But no one here is going to apologize. I've read your posts with regard to your purchase, while trying to stay impartial. However, your posts and questions seem to be blaming Josh and insinuating that he misled Jay about the car. Josh explained his side of the story and it's up to you to decide if you believe him. Also, as you know, Josh purchased the car from another member here, so the car has documented history, which could also be shared.

I hope you reach out to Josh and start a discussion, and he can pass along information to help you get going with your plans for the Clubsport. I still look forward to reading about what you plan to do and follow your progress. Please, let's move on and start a new discussion tomorrow.
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #41
bimmern00b

Quote:
Hmmmm, friends of Josh strike again...

Not sure how to word this, surely someone will be offended, but that's not the intent.

On the many other forums and lists I'm on, things are much more open, and more concerned about the vehicles, and less about looking good or bad on a website. Here, it feels it's not as open, more of a small group of people more worried about sticking up for each other as opposed to a place to freely and openly discuss our cars, their pasts and the things we want to do with them.

It may be hard to believe, but there are some of us that don't jump on this inter-web thing to share our personal lives and make friends, and instead look for information about our hobbies, maybe share some info when possible. Along the way we might make friends outside of the cars, but that wasn't the initial reason.

That's my '02 cents. You don't like it, I've got no apologies.
Granted that I still consider myself a new kid on the block despite the time I have been on here, I feel I can say this and not be accused of covering anybody since no one here knows me that well:

1. You bought a ti that has rust issues

2. You knew that this car had the rust before you bought it.

3. You find one of the PO's of the car and start whining to him and to all the others on a forum about the condition of the car.

4. Even though the PO (Josh) had no say in the sale and explained to you his side of the event and even offered to help you out with information on the car, you refuse to let this die. It's time to put this to rest, just like the others have told you.

In conclusion, SELL IT, PART IT OUT, OR CLAM UP AND FIX IT!!!!

I thank you...
bimmern00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #42
bimmern00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
I am afraid that I have had quite the opposite impression from other forums, BMW ones specifically. The e36 M3 forum section of Bimmerforums, for example, is filled with spoiled, childish, impetuous little brats who spend all day putting down others to feel superior. Not exactly a good resource...

I have to second this after having joined up there as well. It's pretty much the last forum that I go to in regards to BMW's

This forum is really unique, and people here are really devoted to bettering their cars and creating a knowledge base not available elsewhere. It's also like a family, and we have our squabbles, too. It's too bad if you feel that we are defending Josh and ganging up on you. But no one here is going to apologize. I've read your posts with regard to your purchase, while trying to stay impartial. However, your posts and questions seem to be blaming Josh and insinuating that he misled Jay about the car. Josh explained his side of the story and it's up to you to decide if you believe him. Also, as you know, Josh purchased the car from another member here, so the car has documented history, which could also be shared.

I hope you reach out to Josh and start a discussion, and he can pass along information to help you get going with your plans for the Clubsport. I still look forward to reading about what you plan to do and follow your progress. Please, let's move on and start a new discussion tomorrow.
This forum has been quite the resource in regards to my car and I am more than glad that I stumbled across it in a Google search. The people here have managed to save me a good deal of money and supplied me with tons of information on something that I initially had no intention buying just because of potential maintenance costs, and I am grateful for that! Now, while I have seen some of the aforementioned squabbles on here I have also seen some resolution. The way you came on here and launched an attack towards Josh was not in good taste at all and quite frankly I think an apology is in order, especially since despite your postings about him he offered to help you anyway and also because this was something you could have discussed with him in private. If you are planning on staying here I say welcome along with the others and then let's see what you can do to fix up your ti and make it your own. If not, or you you want to continue complaining to Josh about it, then I definitely will lose no sleep over your departure, be it willful or not.
bimmern00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
I don't know what not is as open, but I like the fact that we are not like those 'other' forums. Pissing matches whose car is better. M3 > 328 > 318 > 318ti. That is why I started it. The yahoo group, it very much has the same flavor as here, just a different demographic.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
96cali

As a 40 yo BMWCCA member who has lived on this forum for 7 years, I think 318318's assessment is very narrow. Keep in mind you entered into this small, dedicated group of followers like a guy who comes to a party, unknown, then complains about the hors deurves and bashes a regular. Of course we'll stick up for Josh because near as anyone can show, he has not done anything wrong. Look further and you will see other long standing members get called out for bad dealings. It's pretty even handed here.

So seriously, if you are above the drama then cut to the chase and ask some tech questions or start repairing the car. I'll repeat my previous advice too- do a proper intro thread with zero blame game. Otherwise you are free to seek advice on bimmerforums (good luck).

Phil

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #45
thesk8nmidget

bimmerforums actually has a 318ti section that you are more than welcome to post in.

its called the hatchback haven

and for quick reference here is a link
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=206

and i took the courtesy to sign you up for a profile on there

your user name is *****
password is *****
and your date of birth is 9-29-95 (the same as your ti)

spend some time there and let is know how it goes
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote