318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,009,522 Views
View Poll Results: Who do you support for president?
Barack Obama 61 62.89%
John McCain 31 31.96%
I don't care 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 AM   #106
elchicano

More ignorance on the McCain side in PA. What's funny is that I just typed Palin rally and this was the first thing that popped up. I saw this on CNN yesterday and was so mad about how wrong these people are.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #107
Maverix

Vehicles

Although I support W, that has got to be the funniest vid ever!
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #108
wolferj-RIP

I've stayed out of this fray because I thought it would degenerate into a shouting match of epic proportions, but I see I was mostly wrong... Great debate all around (for the most part!)... Here follows my 2 cents...

Voting for the lesser of two evils isn't the right way to approach your choice for a candidate, as we all have our own opinions, and when was the last time you agreeded with someone else 100%? Thinking of a candidate as "lesser" is degrading to them and yourself. If a political candidate held exactly the same values as ourselves, then they would not be in agreeance with the remainder of the electorate (everyone else!). So there will always be an intellectual debate within ourselves as to whom we agree with more often, and that should be our selection for higher office.

That said, we also have our emotional reaction to an candidate. What does that candidate make you feel? Proud? Hopeful? Scared? Thoughtful? If you think about why you feel a certain way, what led you to that reaction?

We have so many sources for information, and yet we often base our opinions on outside influences. Influences that have nothing to do with reality, but are geared to provoke just such a reaction... Read, listen, feel, and then make an educated choice...

My educated choice is to vote for the candidate that isn't playing the "fear" card in this election, the one that is talking about solutions to our problems with intelligence and compassion, not the one blaming everyone else. My emotional choice is the same as my intellectual choice, and when these agree, it is clear to me.

I am voting for Barak Obama.

On a side note, I would really like to request that all the members of this forum who reside in California, please vote no on proposition 8. If this passes, it would have a direct and very negative effect on myself, and many people that I love and care for, and untold numbers of California citizens.

Thanks for considering my request.

James
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 AM   #109
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
More ignorance on the McCain side in PA. What's funny is that I just typed Palin rally and this was the first thing that popped up. I saw this on CNN yesterday and was so mad about how wrong this people are.
I don't think they're serious. At least I hope they're not. Looks like they're trying to spread rumors because they're desperately trying to make sure that Obama does not become the next president. Hell, some people will even buy your vote if they could. It's not the first time that I've seen votes for sale on e-bay
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
~Jess
Old 10-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #110
elchicano

Still i don't think this is a time to be joking around. Especially calling someone a terrorist, James I agree with you 100%. But if you pay attention to the video some people are not joking around they are serious and believe in what they are saying. James I hope that proposition doesn't pass and everyone go out and vote!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #111
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

James, not trying to be funny, but this is one of those times that I agree with you 100% Even with voting No on Proposition 8. I'm not even gay, atleast I don't think that I am. But I do have gay friends and family that I love dearly for the people that they are. I find it disturbing that the opposing side's argument is that THEY'RE AFRAID of schools teaching children that it's okay to be gay. Is it right to teach them that it's not?

Today Sec Powell endorsed Obama. Now I didn't really care for the guy, but he said something that has been on my mind for quite some time and I have to agree with him on this. He showed concern for people calling Obama a Muslim. If you read one of my previous posts, I said that "he's not a Muslim, BUT SO WHAT IF HE IS". Are they saying that there's something wrong with Muslims? That may not be racist, but IT IS prejudice. The same goes for people who think homosexual men and women don't deserve the same rights as heterosexual men and women. My opinion, It's okay to be Muslim, it's okay to be gay, it's okay to be black, it's okay to be white. IT'S NOT OKAY TO BE PREJUDICE.

I have nothing against McCain. I respect everything that he's done for our country. I can't stand Sarah Palin. Her condescending attitude and attacks have made her look immature IMO. Same goes for McCain. I support Barak Obama. I feel he's presented himself in a sincere and professional manner. I believe he will make efforts to change this country and address the issues that affect people like you and me.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:45 AM   #112
elchicano

i don't think teaching kids that it's okay to be gay is bad. It's not like they will become gay, it will just help them better understand homosexuality. Let everyone live their lives like they want, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else. I don't understand christian groups when they try to force religion onto others. There's only one that can judge and we will face him in the end. I'm only saying this because there something like this going on here with abortion.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #113
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

Obama because he knows what he's talking about and because he will make history.

Not only because i live in illinois but because he knows that economy is bad and he will get me out of iraq really quickly. i'm not in iraq at this moment but i still have boot camp to go through but i mean he wants to get the troops out in what a couple of months.

others in my branch want McCain want to be in Iraq and i just feel that if i went then i would have to stay in college awhile and i don't want that because my sister's fiance had to stay in college for like five years and i don't really want that but then again they are paying for my eduactaion and my mom is paying for my housing.

if i wanted to i would totally go but i want my degree and i would like to stay for four years and my friends just got back from the mariens boot camp and one of them is wanting to go.

i'm in the reserves but i mean if i get shiped off then my parents will get really pissed and my parents hatted when my sister's fiance went and they understood when i joined but i mean i'm not like the rest of the miltary who want's to go but if and when i go i want to defend my country for the rest of you. so u don't worry about people destroying our country again.

so dont feel any sympthay for me i just hope i don't get deployed just yet. so don't worry i will defend my/our county the best of my abilty!!

plantos(fernando) and i got ur backs!!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #114
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
i don't think teaching kids that it's okay to be gay is bad. It's not like they will become gay, it will just help them better understand homosexuality. Let everyone live their lives like they want, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else.
I agree and I don't think it's wrong either. For too long we've taught children that it's not right for boys to like other boys or girls to like other girls. That's why people grow up feeling ashamed that they're not "normal". I don't think it's right that people have to hide their feelings or sexual preference. Children should be taught the truth.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #115
jordanmc

Re: McCain
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
"Avoid capture at all costs".
perhaps I could shed a little light:
Us electing him would be like electing France to take on an alien invasion party cause they are the best at being occupied.
jordanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #116
jordanmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post

Although I support W, that has got to be the funniest vid ever!
I want my 2min back, that was terrible, and I dont like bush.

Mav, your biggest argument against Obama(I couldnt find any pro mccain stuff from you) is that he is going to raise taxes.
If you are so concerned about this nation and money you might want to look into the 400billion dollars/year that is being spent on defense. Confusing when you think about the fact that we are the OCCUPYING force in a foreign land. We are also funneling huge money into Israel, which has been carrying out a brutal annexation of territory that does not belong to them.

Those UN security council resolutions that Saddam was not following; which made it "legal" for the US to invade Iraq are pretty bogus. There have been UN SC resolutions against Israel to cease the occupation of the Gaza Strip and the West bank since the war with Jordan, Egypt and Syria in the 60s.

Perhaps you should pick up a ****ing book sometime and then just maybe a bit of the big picture might sink in.

Follow the money, I would rather spend it on PROPER education for the youth.
If McCain wins there will be 200million little Maverixs floating around 8 years from now slowing their cars down and ruining gas mileage with taped down scoops.
jordanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #117
tol4o

Quote:

More ignorance on the McCain side in PA. What's funny is that I just typed Palin rally and this was the first thing that popped up. I saw this on CNN yesterday and was so mad about how wrong this people are.

This country is going down because of people like these! It's just amazing how many brainwashed people you can still find!
'11 BMW X5 xdrive35d - 3.0L Twin-Turbo Diesel - The Ultimate Oil Burner
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #118
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
I don't think they're serious. At least I hope they're not. Looks like they're trying to spread rumors because they're desperately trying to make sure that Obama does not become the next president.
Oh I think they're dead serious. Those are the figurative (if not literal) sons and daughters of the people who shed no tears for the Kennedy's and Dr. King. Hate and fear spread much more quickly than love and hope- let's hope the secret service is on it's toes for the next 4-8 years.

In reference to the video of McCain stopping the hate-speak at his rally in MN- I have to believe that is the REAL John McCain coming through. The human, not the party line parrot he has become IMO so kudos to him for taking a stand. I think he's a great man and has done much for the country but sadly has sold his soul for his party. He must wince when he hears that crap and sees video of these fear-mongers in PA. McCain is just plain smarter than that and I feel sorry for him letting those people drag him down.

Go Obama.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #119
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
James I agree with you 100%. I hope that proposition doesn't pass and everyone go out and vote!
Thanks! I appreciate it! (and please give a big hug to Cindy Lou from me, next time you see her!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
James, not trying to be funny, but this is one of those times that I agree with you 100% Even with voting No on Proposition 8. I'm not even gay, atleast I don't think that I am. But I do have gay friends and family that I love dearly for the people that they are. I find it disturbing that the opposing side's argument is that THEY'RE AFRAID of schools teaching children that it's okay to be gay. Is it right to teach them that it's not?

My opinion, It's okay to be Muslim, it's okay to be gay, it's okay to be black, it's okay to be white. IT'S NOT OKAY TO BE PREJUDICE.

I have nothing against McCain. I respect everything that he's done for our country. I can't stand Sarah Palin. Her condescending attitude and attacks have made her look immature IMO. Same goes for McCain. I support Barak Obama. I feel he's presented himself in a sincere and professional manner. I believe he will make efforts to change this country and address the issues that affect people like you and me.
Jess, thank you. Reading your post gives me hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
Oh I think they're dead serious. Those are the figurative (if not literal) sons and daughters of the people who shed no tears for the Kennedy's and Dr. King. Hate and fear spread much more quickly than love and hope- let's hope the secret service is on it's toes for the next 4-8 years.

In reference to the video of McCain stopping the hate-speak at his rally in MN- I have to believe that is the REAL John McCain coming through. The human, not the party line parrot he has become IMO so kudos to him for taking a stand. I think he's a great man and has done much for the country but sadly has sold his soul for his party. He must wince when he hears that crap and sees video of these fear-mongers in PA. McCain is just plain smarter than that and I feel sorry for him letting those people drag him down.

Go Obama.
Cali;
I couldn't agree with you more... It is so sad to see McCain degenrate into the puppet he has become. He once was a respectable person...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #120
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
Wow, my heart just sunk . Why are they like this? I bet they also believe that W was behind 9/11.
~Jess