318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 995,287 Views
View Poll Results: Who do you support for president?
Barack Obama 61 62.89%
John McCain 31 31.96%
I don't care 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #121
golfn4gold

Well, I am from Ohio and I cant believe the schools that would teach same sex and how they go about doing it. I pulled both my boys for the health class here they were in 4th grade, when I heard what they were about to teach. I am so sick of all the force ideas about gays. I dont push my lifestyle on the gays so why is theres always being pushed on me. I dont have a problem with other peoples lifestyle but kept it to yourself.
golfn4gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #122
tiFreak

Vehicles

^ it's not about forcing it on others, it's about educating, and the fact that you say that their lifestyle is always being pushed on you does make you sound pretty ignorant
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #123
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Next evolution shouldn't be taught in schools.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #124
golfn4gold

Or maybe not teach or 4th graders how to gay people do it. Just because your gay doesnt mean everyone is ok with it.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #125
tiFreak

Vehicles

oh, they were actually teaching them about homosexual sex in 4th grade? that might be a little too much, especially that early, now that you've explained I agree
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #126
bbbmw

These issues are often not what they look like on the surface. Yes, they frequently do teach a lot of **details** about what goes on, and often to kids in Kindergarten. I'm guessing most parents would like to teach their kids on moral topics - not the schools.

Someone mentioned evolution - where I live a school district put stickers in the front of science textbooks, saying that evolution was one of several theories (the books did not mention creationism, or anything else). The district was sued by people trying to make it an issue of separation of church and state, and had to replace the textbooks. Too often these issues are driven by people with an agenda, and an axe to grind.

Unless you have kids in school, you really can't imagine what is going on with these issues - it often defies common sense.
bbbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #127
golfn4gold

I just couldnt believe that any school system should be talking about any sex with grade school kids but even to the extent of showing how to put a rubber on a banana and showing how guy to guy do it. Thanks I guess I moved out on 200 ac. in a country school for a reason and this is what our Ohio schools do. I will get off this subject. Get out and VOTE.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 AM   #128
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I find it extremely hard to believe that 4th graders are being educated about sex issues. When you say that people are constantly forcing the gay lifestyle on you, what exactly are you referring to? Do you think that homosexuals live their lives any different than you live your life in Ohio? Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, the heterosexual lifestyle was forced on most of us, just as Christianity and the English language were. It wasn't until you were mature enough to make your own choices that you'ld be willing to accept people for who they are. Perhaps in your case, you haven't matured to that point yet. Instead of being prejudice, you should learn to be a little more open minded and understand that there's more to life than your little world. They're not teaching children how babies are made in the 4th grade. I wouldn't even expect them to take extra measures to teach children that same sex couples have intimate relationships. I do believe that children should know that "normal" doesn't necessarily mean that ONLY men and women can have relationships and love one another.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #129
Maverix

Vehicles

Just for the sake of the conversation, they actually started teaching me sex ed back in 5th grade. I remember it fondly because I felt awkward for having my parents sign the release form.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #130
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrty byl View Post
As far as the poll is concerned: I don't care for systems that define political decision as a choice between exactly two party puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
As a US citizen, Since all the europe loved him_ barrak obama maybe the muslim should run for president in France.

I love how people actually believe that Obama is muslim. Can people be any more ignorant? He is not, nor ever has been muslim. And furthermore, it's about time that we get somebody back in the white house that understands the need for global cooperation and the need to actually care what our global allies think of our country, so that we can all unite against the threats that we collectively face in the 21st century. Thank you, George Bush, for destroying our once great country...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
I just couldnt believe that any school system should be talking about any sex with grade school kids but even to the extent of showing how to put a rubber on a banana and showing how guy to guy do it. Thanks I guess I moved out on 200 ac. in a country school for a reason and this is what our Ohio schools do. I will get off this subject. Get out and VOTE.

Did it ever occur that maybe the sex education that a 4th grader gets is vastly different that what a high schooler gets? How about teaching 4th graders what is inappropriate touching so that they might be able to discern when Uncle Billy Bob is showing affection and when he is crossing the line? Would you want your 8 or 9 or 10 year old son or daughter to know that difference, or would you rather they (God forbid) have such an experience, then enter adolescence sexually/emotionally confused and go on to become a sexually/emotionally maladjusted adult?

Why we make such a big deal about sex in this country is beyond me. Sex is a normal, natural part of human nature. I'm not saying that we should teach 4th graders about intercourse and sexual perversions, but I do think that if we remove some of the societal taboos about sex, people will be much more open and honest about it and maybe we will begin to move on from our outmoded, 19th century way of thinking towards this subject.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #131
bbbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post

I love how people actually believe that Obama is muslim. Can people be any more ignorant? He is not, nor ever has been muslim. And furthermore, it's about time that we get somebody back in the white house that understands the need for global cooperation and the need to actually care what our global allies think of our country, so that we can all unite against the threats that we collectively face in the 21st century. Thank you, George Bush, for destroying our once great country...

Actually, Obama has been a muslim in the past - or at least he was as a child, when he was raised in a muslim country, a muslim household, and attended a muslim school. Agreed, though, he has said today that he is not.

Regarding global cooperation from the White House, Carter focused a lot on global opinion, and ended his administration with Iran taking 444 US citizens hostage for a couple of years. Reagan was seen as a little crazy by the international community, and was able to defeat communism. Clinton was/is well respected internationally, yet we were attacked numerous times during those 8 years. Since 9/11 we have been kept safe. No matter what anyone thinks of Bush, that's pretty remarkable.

In the last round of elections, England, France, and Germany (and I think Italy as well) elected very, very conservative leaders who are allied with the US. I'm not sure it is a bad thing for the world to have a healthy fear/respect for the US, vs. us trying to make everyone happy - which won't ever happen.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #132
bbbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
I find it extremely hard to believe that 4th graders are being educated about sex issues. When you say that people are constantly forcing the gay lifestyle on you, what exactly are you referring to? Do you think that homosexuals live their lives any different than you live your life in Ohio? Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, the heterosexual lifestyle was forced on most of us, just as Christianity and the English language were. It wasn't until you were mature enough to make your own choices that you'ld be willing to accept people for who they are. Perhaps in your case, you haven't matured to that point yet. Instead of being prejudice, you should learn to be a little more open minded and understand that there's more to life than your little world. They're not teaching children how babies are made in the 4th grade. I wouldn't even expect them to take extra measures to teach children that same sex couples have intimate relationships. I do believe that children should know that "normal" doesn't necessarily mean that ONLY men and women can have relationships and love one another.
With all due respect, do you have kids in school? They are indeed teaching 4th graders about sex issues, and quite graphically. It goes down to kindergarten. They have in California since the 1960's - and it's gotten a whole lot more graphic. English and the heterosexual lifestyle are forced? Both are the common path. Christianity is not a forced religion, either. Your belittling tone and jumping to conclusions shows extreme predjudice on your part.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:12 AM   #133
tol4o

The sex topic is taboo in USA and I can clearly see the difference between America and Europe. Specially here in MA, you cannot see a topless girl on the beach or with a thong bottom. This is strictly forbidden! Can anyone explain me why?
Make your next summer vacation in any of the southern European countries and you will understand what I am talking about. If you ever have a chance go to Ibiza, Spain and see how the young people have fun.
Going back to the topic, America has to forget the conservative thinking and be modern 21 century country. I think Obama is the man who has the right ideas for the future, who knows what this country needs and how to achieve it. I hope this time the American people will make the right choice!
Can't wait to see McCain's face when Obama wins
'11 BMW X5 xdrive35d - 3.0L Twin-Turbo Diesel - The Ultimate Oil Burner
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 AM   #134
bbbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tol4o View Post
The sex topic is taboo in USA and I can clearly see the difference between America and Europe. Specially here in MA, you cannot see a topless girl on the beach or with a thong bottom. This is strictly forbidden! Can anyone explain me why?
Make your next summer vacation in any of the southern European countries and you will understand what I am talking about. If you ever have a chance go to Ibiza, Spain and see how the young people have fun.
Go back to the topic, America has to forget the conservative thinking and be modern 21 century country. I think Obama is the man has the right ideas for the future, who knows what this country needs and how to achieve it. I hope this time the American people will make the right choice!
Can't wait to see McCain's face when Obama wins
Uhhh... it's called a "cultural norm". You can go to US beaches and see all you want - where is it "Strictly Forbidden?" Certainly not in MA - I think most MA women are simply making their own choice not to go nekkid. Conversely, you won't see much of anything on the Middle East beaches.

Why does the US need to forget our conservative thinking? Seems like it has done us pretty well over the past 200+ years. The European middle class is at the US poverty level,a nd I don't think I'd want to live in Spain. The tax rate for most of Europe is in excess of 70%, and they pay a 15% sales tax (called a VAT tax).
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #135
tol4o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbmw View Post
The European middle class is at the US poverty level,a nd I don't think I'd want to live in Spain. The tax rate for most of Europe is in excess of 70%, and they pay a 15% sales tax (called a VAT tax).
I think Germany population pays highest taxes about 50% which is a lot but still not 70% as you stated.
Middle class is middle class everywhere. You cannot compare a middle class german engineer who works for BMW and gets 50 000 Euro/year (about $65 000) with a poverty level person in USA who works in Walmart for $7/hour! Tell me that I am wrong!
'11 BMW X5 xdrive35d - 3.0L Twin-Turbo Diesel - The Ultimate Oil Burner
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote