318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,002,822 Views
View Poll Results: Who do you support for president?
Barack Obama 61 62.89%
John McCain 31 31.96%
I don't care 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #211
jordanmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboready View Post
What is your sory ass doing there basking in the sun, get back here and face the cold. LOL I am going to tell Obama to send you back here.

Where in Canada did you run away from?
bahahaha
I was born in Montreal (to english parents) then raised in Seattle, Boston, and Toronto.

My whole family moved to San Diego my 9th grade year.
After high school I moved to LA for a few years. (LA is the toronto of the US, straight up cultural mixing pot)
then i moved back down to SD

Just so you know

There are more Canadians living in southern cali then all of Saskatchewan and Manitoba comibned

Our local ice rink here in Escondido, CA; flys the Canadian flag at equal level with the American flag; on each side of the scoreboard.
jordanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #212
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
Dude I appreciate your mature attitude over this. Unlike a lot of the ignorant jabber going on over at bf.c. Let's just see what Obama does for this country and be happy that the bush administration is over.
Shocking!
I do feel Obama has a clue on what is going on around him. I feel that he is talking to us, not talking at us.

I hope Colin Powell gets put back in his cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmc View Post
McCains speech gave me goosebumps
Same here. I thought Obama was going after MLK Jr with the Yes We Can. From all the drama of the last two elections, I'm glad this went relatively smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
huh what's QFT?
Quoted for Truth
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #213
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
Quoted for Truth
QFT don't worry Dave, I had to look it up on Urban Dictionary

the guy I work with is not going to be in a good mood when I go in today, I wonder if he's peeled the McCain/Palin stickers off his Blazer yet?
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #214
robcarync

I love America.

My candidate didn't win but that is the beauty of voting. Now if all the gosh darn liberals at work would quit rubbing it in my face and making comments.

There are legitimate points to all sides of every issue. It is up to you to determine which ones you agree with. I've always said before the election that regardless of who wins, I am happy to be in America where I have this right/privilege.

I like respectful debates and discussions.
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #215
tol4o

Want to greet everyone with the election of 44th President of USA Barack Obama!
The American people realized that the country needs a change

We all hope and pray for better future!
'11 BMW X5 xdrive35d - 3.0L Twin-Turbo Diesel - The Ultimate Oil Burner
tol4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #216
Mallard

Vehicles

"its been a long time conning"

I have to say, i am proud of America today. Well done and as John said

Godspeed

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #217
gonzeno

I didnt vote for him but.....He is our new president and should get the support of every american! He has my support and of course I want him to be very successful as that is what I believe every american wants and our country needs!
gonzeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #218
Kaliimc

I did not vote for Mr. Mystery either but he will get my support. I'm not going to badmouth him and talk ugly things to my European relatives (UK) about him if he does not "appeal" to my ideals.

One of my main areas of concern is a source of oil/petrol. I hope we can be one and create some independence for ourselves now that the dems will control more of America's fate. Maybe they did not want anything to succeed under Bush.

That's another thing; the republicans will not treat Obama like the dems treated/treat Bush. They will be responsible, non-partisan enough to actually help out, which will help make Obama look good. Perhaps it’s better this way.

It may seem strange to most of you but to me and many others I've spoken with, the economy is doing very well, meaning everyone I know is doing great. So there are many out there who question those who say the economy needs to be fixed. In my line of work especially there are hundreds of jobs available just on this tiny little Island. Look at the help wanted ads, there is work out there. The housing market is now getting down to its real value. Do some research to find out how it got bloated, it may surprise you.

Who out of you reading have been impacted by "the economy" over the Bush years, and at what time did you start to feel a crunch on your finances?

1996 Alpine White: 318ti: Dinan Stage 1 Software. CosmoRacing CAI EVO 3.5". Dinan Free Flow exhaust. X-Brace. LeatherZ Mark2 Armrest. Eibach front sway bar. Meyle RSM's
Kaliimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #219
Will'sBimmer

Not all of the economy is doing bad. And that is too be expected. But for some there is a real problem. You can't base it solely on you and your friends. I can't find a job right here in my town and I have been looking and applying for over a year. In a recession you will see business like diners, low end clothing, and other low end stores like say Wal-Mart, Big Lots and others do well because people won't spend their money on high end products but low end products. So some of the economy will suffer while other parts will do better than they were.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #220
elchicano

I may not be impacted by the economy as much as others. But finding a job has been hard. I have experience in office work, customer services, janitorial, and construction. So far I'm staying in construction because it's paying me a good amount of money. Also since i go to school full time I need a part time job. Most places are looking for a full time candidates. The only other places i can think of that can work with my schedule is in retail and I'm not going back to that. Consider yourself lucky there has been alot of places that have cut back on hours and have laid workers off too.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #221
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Most of the jobs available pay less than $15/hr and the reason there's so many of them is because companies have laid off employees in search of new employees that will work for less pay/benefits/hours.

I was the sales manager of one of the largest bicycle shops in the country. Our company was bought out right when the economy started to take a turn. They kept the original staff, but immediately hired all new employees that agreed to work for lower wages and benefits. Those of us who were there previously, received 1% commission on our sales as well as medical/dental insurance, sick time, 401k and paid vacation. The new staff were hired all as part-time employees, therefore they received none of the above. All of the senior employees were forbidden to discuss pay/benefits with the newly hired staff.

Seemed alright at first, but then they started taking things away one by one. First they switched our medical to HMO which was cheaper than our PPO insurance. Then they took our commission away. This was a big one for me as I was the highest paid employee. I was making 14.75/hr + a commissioned rate. This meant that if I had a good couple of hours during my day, rather than just getting the 1% commission on what I sold, my hourly wage would go up. My sales averaged between 6k-10k per day. On top of that I was usually the closing manager which meant overtime and in many cases doubletime. So, towards the end of the week once my hours were maxed out, my pay usually went up to over $35/hr.

Needless to say, when they cut our commission may pay dropped about $400 per week. It gets better though, over the course of a couple months they began cutting our hours. While I was once working 70+ hours a week, my hours dropped to 40hrs three weeks a month and 20 something the 4th week, just enough to maintain full time status. When all was said and done my income had dropped to less than 40% of what it was during my previous two years of employment.

Eventually all of us were forced to quit and the new staff remained employed. They wouldn't come out and fire us because they didn't want to pay unemployment, so they just made it impossible for us to survive. This is whats know as a hostile takeover. As sales decrease, corporations take it out on their employees until finally they have no choice but to seek other employment. Sure I could've picked up a second part-time job to carry the slack, but people shouldn't have to work 100+ hrs/wk to make ends meet. This leaves little or no time to enjoy life. What about your family, school, hobbies?

Unfortunately this story is all to common in California where the cost of living has nearly doubled in the past 8 years. Did I mention that I ended my Navy career of 10 years because of the Bush Administration's poor decisions and lack of intelligence as well as my opposition to the situation in the Middle East? Yes, I've been affected by the economy. Yes, I blame Bush and his people for everything that's went wrong for the past 8 years and furthermore, I blame the ignorant people that supported him and voted him into office for two terms!

I know all of the right wing republicans will argue and say let's not dwell on the past, so I'm not going to. Just ask yourself this, where would this WORLD be right now if Bush didn't cheat his way into office and Al Gore became president back in 2000?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #222
b.u.ti-ful

Big thanks to the Republicans who voted for Obama.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #223
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliimc View Post
I hope we can be one and create some independence for ourselves now that the dems will control more of America's fate. Maybe they did not want anything to succeed under Bush...
Typical republicans, always trying to turn things around on the democrats. How about taking responsibility for something.

Quote:
the republicans will not treat Obama like the dems treated/treat Bush. They will be responsible, non-partisan enough to actually help out, which will help make Obama look good...
They'll have no reason to. Obama has already made our country start to look good. People all over the world are looking forward to America's future with Obama.

Quote:
to me and many others I've spoken with, the economy is doing very well, meaning everyone I know is doing great...
Wow, just wow!
Quote:
The housing market is now getting down to its real value...
and the American people have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars because of it. If it's such a good thing, then why is everyone, including McCain, talking about getting home values back up?

Quote:
Who out of you reading have been impacted by "the economy" over the Bush years, and at what time did you start to feel a crunch on your finances?
replied to this in my above post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.u.ti-ful View Post
Big thanks to the Republicans who voted for Obama.
+1000, BIGTIME THANKS to everyone who was honorable and didn't let their political party's influences get in the way of choosing the right candidate for the job.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #224
golfn4gold

I blame Bush for everything. I cant make $10000000 a hour because of him and he didnt get me a new house and free health care and a new M6. I am glad Obama is here to straighten everything out.
golfn4gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 AM   #225
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
I blame Bush for everything. I cant make $10000000 a hour because of him and he didnt get me a new house and free health care and a new M6. I am glad Obama is here to straighten everything out.
Why so bitter? Where you the one booing at McCain's speech when he mentioned Obama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
I make over 250k a year and I work very hard for it. No my parents didnt give me the business it is something both my wife and I have work over the last 8 years. No one gave me anything and I given and help a lot of people that have needed it over the years. <snip>
You think you still will not make over 250K with Obama in the White House?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote