318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,000 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #16
minimike

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTAM View Post
im from down in devon so opposite side of the country il be taking it to a few local ones and il be heading up to the action day at castle combe in april and definately gonna be at players classic @ goodwood in june that was an epic show last year and should fit in now with the beemer didnt get much love for my 206 there last year lol
heard a few people mention prept sounds good shame its so far way do the have like one main one or not??

what you got planned next for yours??

this is the progress thread for mine

http://318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39442
ahh that sucks, we're going on holiday in august that way though! if its anywhere near we'll have to meet up for some pics Ive not been to goodwood but might might this year! prept is the last wednesday of every month weathers so rubbish at the moment though Mine just gone in to get repainted and have bits smoothed and ducktail fitted etc and then maybe 2.8 conversion later this year :P

Ooo thanks, I'll have a good read through when im back at work! Give me something to do haha I hate office jobs! lol
minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #17
anassa

Vehicles

Just a few questions,

What does it mean when you say your a "Lifestyler"?? Like after you painted the xbrace and LCA bushing lollipops. Also I think that Xbrace with all the scratches on it is exactly the reason you need it! I know I love mine because it has saved my oil pan countless times. Are you also planning on doing anything in the rear to compensate for the camber/toe changes due to being lowered?

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
minimike

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Just a few questions,

What does it mean when you say your a "Lifestyler"?? Like after you painted the xbrace and LCA bushing lollipops. Also I think that Xbrace with all the scratches on it is exactly the reason you need it! I know I love mine because it has saved my oil pan countless times. Are you also planning on doing anything in the rear to compensate for the camber/toe changes due to being lowered?
Well basically I brought a drift car and didn't take it to a track and drift it I just wanted to make it look nice so I was called a "Lifestyler" haha so me and a few friends took it as our name So painting something under the car that will never be seen was classed as being a "Lifestyler". Once I had the Xbrace on it basically just dragged down the road, but the car doesn't hit anything without it. I like the amount of camber its given it and with the 9J wheels I need that camber to tuck them lol
Old 02-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #19
RTTAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimike View Post
ahh that sucks, we're going on holiday in august that way though! if its anywhere near we'll have to meet up for some pics Ive not been to goodwood but might might this year! prept is the last wednesday of every month weathers so rubbish at the moment though Mine just gone in to get repainted and have bits smoothed and ducktail fitted etc and then maybe 2.8 conversion later this year :P

Ooo thanks, I'll have a good read through when im back at work! Give me something to do haha I hate office jobs! lol
yeah if your down this way deffo gimme a shout and have a meet up add me on facebook if you like il pm you my page
players goodwood is definately worth a trip was a ten hour round trip for us but so worth it best show iv been to apart from the main players in essex that was insane!!
aww no way really wanted a ducktail on mine but iv been banned from unneccessary mods now as we are looking at buying a house if my engine packs up a bigger one is definately on the cards though
RTTAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:21 AM   #20
minimike

Vehicles
Default Mike's e36 Compact Build Thread

Little update had the badges, washer jets, boot lock and rear wiper welded up ready to be fibre glassed over, ducktail and other bits to come this week hopefully also getting side indicators smoothed out and side skirt jacking holes.. Oh and the door step holes where the plastic strips normally go.

Follow me on Instagram @Mike_Wooding
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #21
RTTAM

cant wait to see the ducktail on!! you going same colour or changing it??
Old 02-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #22
minimike

Vehicles

I'm excited for the ducktail too! Its changing and going this colour

I Got a sneaky picture of the ducktail masking taped on too! lol and the spare rear bumper I found in his work shop which is in better condition than mine. Ducktail needs extending each side to make it the width of the boot though so gonna take some work.

Last edited by minimike; 02-24-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
minimike

Vehicles

I rolled the hell out of my rear arches to make sure I have plenty of clearance for future wheels etc before its painted then they got a skim of fibreglass to smooth them out. Think I need bigger spacers now!

Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #24
minimike

Vehicles

Sorry for so many updates and pictures ! haha (I have a boring office job, this keeps me entertained )

Work on the Ducktail has started, each end has been fibre glassed to extend it and make it fit the boot properly.

Indicators in the wings have now been smoothed out.

Also the smoothing of the rear bumper has started, the exhaust gap has been plastic welded up ready to be smoothed
Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #25
RTTAM

so jealous of the ducktail gonna look awesome when its done!!
you use a arch roller to do the arches?? still cant get my 9's to stop rubbing had to put smaller spacers in for now but sorting out the arb and bumpstops and see if that works if not gonna have to flare them slightly :/
Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #26
minimike

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTAM View Post
so jealous of the ducktail gonna look awesome when its done!!
you use a arch roller to do the arches?? still cant get my 9's to stop rubbing had to put smaller spacers in for now but sorting out the arb and bumpstops and see if that works if not gonna have to flare them slightly :/
Yeah my gf brought me an arch roller from driftworks for xmas, yeah my whole rear end is basically poly bushed and it only scrubbed when sideways haha, I rolled the hell out of mine because I didn't want to be touching them once its painted, and I think I could proberly get away with 20mm spacers now!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #27
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimike View Post
Yeah my gf brought me an arch roller from driftworks for xmas, yeah my whole rear end is basically poly bushed and it only scrubbed when sideways haha, I rolled the hell out of mine because I didn't want to be touching them once its painted, and I think I could proberly get away with 20mm spacers now!
If your going to have 20mm spacers you can probably - if your ambitious - convert the rear trailing arm to z3 6cyl ones and front e46 LCA's that will give you roughly a inch added on all sides and you won't have to use as much spacers and be even more unique! (I did the e46 LCA's on mine for a while and they gave me a nice extension and camber lol - its on my build thread)

Also maybe for look and ease of swapping wheels convert to studs, like these:
http://store.bimmerworld.com/premium...tud-p1334.aspx
There are other options just using that as a example.

Good luck!

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #28
minimike

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
If your going to have 20mm spacers you can probably - if your ambitious - convert the rear trailing arm to z3 6cyl ones and front e46 LCA's that will give you roughly a inch added on all sides and you won't have to use as much spacers and be even more unique! (I did the e46 LCA's on mine for a while and they gave me a nice extension and camber lol - its on my build thread)

Also maybe for look and ease of swapping wheels convert to studs, like these:
http://store.bimmerworld.com/premium...tud-p1334.aspx
There are other options just using that as a example.

Good luck!
I've never heard of that rear arm conversion! The e46 front ones I was considering for ages but couldn't figure out how I would fix the anti roll bar, mine has new lower arms and is all poly bushed now, so will proberly leave as it is for now but definitely would like to at some point.
converting to studs isn't a bad idea would make life a lot easier! may have to consider all this once I have paid my paint debt off haha
Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #29
318_mzk2

great build
Old 02-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #30
minimike

Vehicles
Default Mike's e36 Compact Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318_mzk2 View Post
great build

Thanks

Also Lew (the guy who is making and extending my ducktail) was thinking about making some moulds of it once its fitted nicely, Wasn't sure if there would be much interest in them? It’s only a possibility at the moment though. And most people on here are from the US so would probably cost too much to post

Follow me on Instagram @Mike_Wooding

Last edited by minimike; 02-28-2014 at 09:36 AM.