04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,651 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 05-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
L84THSKY

Default Saw this on CARS.COM

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...llerFirst=true

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 05-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Default Looks good.

To bad that would be one to many cars for me.

-Chad
Old 05-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Blackie

I went and see that car, the manager is an assh*le to deal with. He told me that he would not accept Capital One checks and that I would have to go through GMAC and charge me 7.50%, where I can get 5% with Capital One. I just told him to f*uck off and left the place.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
ZeroG

Default Total Bummer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie
I went and see that car, the manager is an assh*le to deal with. He told me that he would not accept Capital One checks and that I would have to go through GMAC and charge me 7.50%, where I can get 5% with Capital One. I just told him to f*uck off and left the place.
I'm sorry to hear that. What you should do is have capital one right the check to you and go pay cash for the damn thing and then peel out leaving the lot.

-Chad
Old 05-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #5
Blackie

ZeroG, that's a good idea, didnt even think about it. I am also looking at this one. Is this a good deal, it had a minor accident. Tell me what you all think.

Thanks!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ighlight=318ti
Old 05-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
ZeroG

Default Some thoughts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie
ZeroG, that's a good idea, didnt even think about it. I am also looking at this one. Is this a good deal, it had a minor accident. Tell me what you all think.

Thanks!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ighlight=318ti
Since he admits there was an accident I would get the VIN and doa a carfax for sure. I would also ask to see the repair receipts. I would also loose the bumper and those black corners.

If everything else is good then go for it. I don't know what kind of condition the red one was in but since it was a dealer I would think that everything was in good condition vs. this one needs a little work.

So it depends if you want something that is ready to go or something that you will not be happy with for a little while. The DASC is a plus, but remember you can always add one at a later date.

-Chad
Old 05-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #7
96cali

FWIW that red one at Sharp Chevy has been listed for a long time (2 months?). Looks to be in amazing shape. They have come down in price from $11k (I think, I look at so many.... ). You can take out a higher interest loan and then pay it off right away. I used a home equity line of credit to buy mine- low interest and no payments on the principle for 10 years. Of course we're paying it off sooner.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
Blackie

Yeah, its been there for a while, since 10/04, i think. It is in very good shape and low mileage. I might just go back and trade my 96 Jeep for it.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #9
2002mcs

I took a look at the 98 sport at Sharp Chevrolet last week. First impression was very strong. Nice paint, perfect interior and low miles. After several walks around the car I noted that the belt line moulding on the left rear quarter panel was not fitting right. There were signs of a repaint in the area. But the real problem was this fairly large scrape and dent on the underbody behind the passenger seat. There was no evident attempt to repair the dent and I think that the rear quarter repair was the result of bottoming out the car on something. Given the size and placement of the impact you have to wonder what else may have been damaged. The dealer was no help and refused to put the car on a lift until I was ready to walk. Now, this is a midwest car but I was never the less surprised at the amount of general rust on the underbody and suspension parts. My 88 ix with 145k look better. It also needed a full brake job with replacement of all four rotors. Badly grooved and rusted.

The car seemed to drive OK given the limited test drive on crowded Chicago streets. I would probably of given it more consideration had the real story of the accident been known. The dealer was of no help and was unwilling to contact the previous owner for details.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:04 AM   #10
Blackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002mcs
I took a look at the 98 sport at Sharp Chevrolet last week. First impression was very strong. Nice paint, perfect interior and low miles. After several walks around the car I noted that the belt line moulding on the left rear quarter panel was not fitting right. There were signs of a repaint in the area. But the real problem was this fairly large scrape and dent on the underbody behind the passenger seat. There was no evident attempt to repair the dent and I think that the rear quarter repair was the result of bottoming out the car on something. Given the size and placement of the impact you have to wonder what else may have been damaged. The dealer was no help and refused to put the car on a lift until I was ready to walk. Now, this is a midwest car but I was never the less surprised at the amount of general rust on the underbody and suspension parts. My 88 ix with 145k look better. It also needed a full brake job with replacement of all four rotors. Badly grooved and rusted.

The car seemed to drive OK given the limited test drive on crowded Chicago streets. I would probably of given it more consideration had the real story of the accident been known. The dealer was of no help and was unwilling to contact the previous owner for details.
Thanks for the info, maybe that's the reason its taking them so long to sell the car. I will have to go back and take a look at it more closely. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:35 AM   #11
Blackie

Ok, its official! I traded in my Jeep for this 318ti!!! Its got the M Package, looks pretty awesome!!! I already ordered a set of DEPO Lights with Angel Eyes, X-Brace. Brakes are probably next, suspensions and then audio system. Needs some suggestions guys!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 03:56 AM   #12
gooten1

Find out what that dent is that 2002 talked about. Then evaluate the rust situation. Evaluate suspension. Fix or ignore accordingly. If the brakes are "badly grooved", I believe that should be a priority. A DIY job, really, but one that will let you get to know your new car better. Once you're sure that the car isnt' about to fall apart or just...not stop, go out and drive it!!! IMhO, you'll appreciate the mods more once you're used to the feel of the car while it's still stock.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:14 AM   #13
Blackie

Yes, there is the dent underside of the passenger side, but it doesnt look like anything else is damage. The rust is mostly concentrated to the "dent" area, what is the best way to fix this?

The brakes are definitely grooved, especially the rears but still work wonderfully. The brakes are on top of my list. I havent drive stick for so long and forgot how fun it is until I got this car. Of course, it doesnt handles like my 330CI but it surely handles like a BMW. I am still getting use to this car and evaluate what mods is the most important. Already spent $700.00 on mods on my first day. Between this and the 330, my tax return is disappearing fast! I am new to 318ti so I need some recommendation for the followings, for future upgrades:
Brakes
Suspensions
Sways
Wheels and Tire Size
Speakers and Audio

If you can list manufacturers and part numbers I would greatly appreciated.

Peace.
Closed Thread