10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 973,424 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 AM   #1
city

Default What do you recommend for cleaning leather and vinyl

What do you recommend as the best leather/vinyl care/cleaner that will really make it look new and soft again?
DASC•Custom Black Leather Interior w/ Silver Inserts•AC Schnizter:Pedals/Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle•Aluminum Gauge Faces•Alpine Speakers/Tweeters•Custom False Floor System•K&N Filter•Hi-Flow Z3/ti 97’•M3 Clutch•Lightweight Flywheel•Turner Motorsports SSK•H&R Race Springs•Racing Dynamics:Front Strut Brace/Sway Bar/Shocks/Bodykit/Rear Spoiler•Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors•Supersprint Exhaust•19” Seducer Wheels•M3 Mirrors•Clear Corner Lights/Side Markers•Euro Taillights•DZUZ Fastened•3.73 LSD
city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
J!m

Vehicles

You cannot use one product for both leather and plastic. It just isn't a good idea.

I use Vyniltex on plastic, and a damp cloth with a trace of soap on leather.

I've found the best solution is to keep it clean, rather than clean it. I do not allow any drinks other than water, no food of any kind, and absolutely NO SMOKING in the car.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
city

I agree my interior is to nice to let something spill on it, I allow drinks, but no food, I keep my car ridiculously clean but Im looking to update my cleaning supplies for my car. aka new ideas on washing/waxing along with the interior products aswell. Im in the market to try something new
DASC•Custom Black Leather Interior w/ Silver Inserts•AC Schnizter:Pedals/Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle•Aluminum Gauge Faces•Alpine Speakers/Tweeters•Custom False Floor System•K&N Filter•Hi-Flow Z3/ti 97’•M3 Clutch•Lightweight Flywheel•Turner Motorsports SSK•H&R Race Springs•Racing Dynamics:Front Strut Brace/Sway Bar/Shocks/Bodykit/Rear Spoiler•Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors•Supersprint Exhaust•19” Seducer Wheels•M3 Mirrors•Clear Corner Lights/Side Markers•Euro Taillights•DZUZ Fastened•3.73 LSD
Old 04-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #4
GDB

well, what would be a good product for leatherette?
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #5
96cali

www.leatherique.com

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
bluebastion

leatherique for leather, not leatherette... as for leatherette... you'd have to find out what the stuff is made out of. I don't think it's made out of any leather (like bonded leather is made)... so I wouldn't use leather products. Supposedly leather needs to be kept at a certain ph balance to stay supple and soft. So, the leather products that actually work aren't what you're looking for. If the leatherette is vinyl based, then by all means I'd say use vinyl stuff. But cutting myself short.... I don't know.
bluebastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
BMWDRIFTER

LEXOL is one of the best products for leather. It leaves a nice natural feel when it soaks in. if you cant find it at parts stores try a shoe repair center.
BMWDRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #8
bmwpwr

Ive always used Lexol and had good results with it. They have a cleaner then I use the conditioner.
bmwpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #9
DeadpaN

Autosol has a good line of products as well.
DeadpaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #10
GDB

Well I think I found the best cleaner/conditioner for leatherette. The other day at work so I've been trying out several different cleaners and conditioners. I've found that the Black Magic vinyl conditioner (their equivalent of Armor All) will both clean and condition leatherette. Works great and makes the interior smell good (new carish).
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:38 AM   #11
M98318ti

Thumbs up

the only thing i will use on my is lexol and perma plate best stuff i have used and i have used a lot of stuff
M98318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:38 AM   #12
m-technik_ti

Ive been using Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner & Conditioner for my leather and its probably the best stuff ive found. It adds a light gloss to the leather as well as gets rid of any minor creases/scuff marks and most importantly, it’s a gel rather than a spray, which tends to get everywhere.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:21 AM   #13
aceyx

for scuffs and such i use a mr. clean magic eraser. seriously the thing is tops (at least for motorcycle leathers).

if it's just light dirt i'll just use lexol conditioner, and a fresh side of the towel each time.
aceyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:24 AM   #14
bayleys

For the black plastic strip around the outside I've been using Armorall Protectant Wipes - I've used them on the dash too and does make it very shiny. In NZ the wipes come in a yellow top cannister. This really gives the nice black look to the strip which can look a bit faded otherwise.

Cheers
Old 05-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #15
city

Thanks for all the info, I think ill be swinging by the store today to try out a couple of suggestions posted here. Im curious to see how the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser works.