318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,024,620 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-16-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
nick_hegel

Question Chris Bangle Opinions??

Just wondering how fellow TIer's feel towards Chris Bangle? I've noticed a lot of people can't stand his designs of all the new bodies in BMW. But I have not disliked anything he has come up with. Discuss.....
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Just wondering how fellow TIer's feel towards Chris Bangle? I've noticed a lot of people can't stand his designs of all the new bodies in BMW. But I have not disliked anything he has come up with. Discuss.....
I am not very fond of the BMW's that have come out of the "Bangle Era". I think there has got to be someone out there that can do a better job then him.

-Chad
Old 06-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
bmw///m3///

chris bangles team did the e46 and new 7 series at first and it was a huge succcess , bmw making huge profits gave bangle the green light to create his bull**** masterpiece, so he got cocky thinking his **** dont stink. his design are to gotty and going away from bmw spirit of progression. bmws overall concept of eveolutionary desigh like porsche seems to have changed. the new 3 series are no longer thought as the sportiest model and handles best, it now seems you buy a 3 series because you cant afford a 5 or 7 series(from a marketing point of view). lame. and also the newer bangle designs seems to follow rather than lead. he seems to copy the styling cues of the japanese. japanese make nice automobiles, but since when have they been the leaders..... no new bmws for me, the only bmw I have on my list is a ///m coupe.

i recent saw a interview with bangle and he was defending his new design saying the "masses" just dont get it yet it in a very defensive response. screw him, i know it may take time to grow on ya but he has change bmw forever. and art is very subjective, if no ones understands it , then.......???? I got the e36 and e46 styling right away and understood the evolutionary steps in styling it took. I drove thew new 325i e90 it is more refined ride than a e46 but it just seems like a small 5 series.peace
bmw///m3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
madfronter

The new 5 series and 6 series look good but the rest of the cars look like ass. It's disappointing. IMO
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
bmw///m3///

are you saying that the old 5 series ansd new 3 series have similar susp???
bmw///m3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
lkwd318ti

I don't like the bangle styled cars...except for the e46 and the 6 series. The new e90 and the 5 series (e60?) has began to grow on me a bit, but it took me a while...
I have heard that the new e90 handles really REALLY good though...but I don't know if that's a Bangle related issue.

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Default New E90

The new E90 is completely been redesigned from the grouns up everything is new nothing has been taken from any other 3 series.

When I drove the car at the UDE it was pretty nice. Active steering is wierd and takes a couple laps to get use to. The brakes and balance is great just like every other 3 series car. Things to note the 325 and 330 use the same block with different internals and heads.

-Chad
Old 06-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #8
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw///m3///
are you saying that the old 5 series ansd new 3 series have similar susp???
No the suspensions of the E30 and E90 are closely related in the steering ratio.(not the design) That's why a lot of people say the newer E90 handles so nicely. I was eating lunch and not really paying attention to my typing. lol I was looking at this website http://www.bmwworld.com/models/3er/e90_dimensions.htm (yeah another busy day at work!!!!) Anyway I misread the part right above the little chart. I thought it was comparing the physical dimensions of the E39 to the E90. Sorry, I'm retarded! Commence the beating
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 06-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #9
bmwpwr

fire the guy alreasy! I used to get excited when I saw a new BMW. Now I just wait for the next ugly BMW to roll out.
bmwpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:56 AM   #10
durnadupa

The only new BMW's I like are the 6, Z4(not sure if that is him though), redesigned 7. But the older 7 and the new 3 have grown on me. I mean the previous gen of 7 had to be redone, it was too old.
But he is doing a hell of a job from the marketing standpoint, aren't BMW's profits rising?

p.s. Isn't Bangle not really responsible for alot of these new models?
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #11
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by durnadupa
p.s. Isn't Bangle not really responsible for alot of these new models?
True Chris Bangle is only the Design Director. There are a lot of other people working on these cars also. I justed wanted to see if I'm the only one that LOVES ALL the new designs. Seems some people only like 1 or 2 new models and then want to burn Chris Bangle on a stake!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:51 PM   #12
madfronter

You can't please all the people all the time.
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote