318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,009,522 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
HuGo

Movie just finished. So sweet

I recorded some scenes on my digital camera. Will upload them in a lil bit.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #17
HuGo

I'm somewhat deaf but thats ok

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #18
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
IDK what kind of tv you own sorry. But you did mention to me yesterday that you're poor so i guess I understand. BTW, did you get your coupon from the govt. yet? Cuz you know you need digital by feb I got those advanced cables for my 360 for picture and sound.
What does being poor have to do with microsoft rushing a toaster to the market? I'm glad sony took their time. After all, look how the ps3 turned out. It doesn't over heat like the xbox did when it first got released.

And why does all your text have to turn out blue? I can see perfectly in black. And it's not like it matters to the people that are color blind.

No I haven't received my "coupon" yet. Although I have local channels, I don't watch TV. I'm either to busy, watching new released movies on the computer, or playing games on the comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acevedo12 View Post
CRACKDOWN!! i love you

but really that game is beast, i bought the download able content and now i can harpoon hookers to cars and they wave like flags in the wind
This kid knows what I'm talking about

If you have the ps3, another good game is called "Motorstorm" I think. My favorite car is the Ozutsu Ronin. Picture in the attachment. The spoiler on the car is freakin wicked!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Ozutsu Ronin.jpg Views:	111 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	7406  
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 AM   #19
HuGo

Sony actually lost a lot of money in making the PS3.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #20
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Sony actually lost a lot of money in making the PS3.
Yea, if anything, it shows that sony is not worried about money, but rather their reputation.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
~Jess
Old 01-05-2009, 04:53 AM   #21
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
Yea, if anything, it shows that sony is not worried about money, but rather their reputation.
Well I guess they sucked at it. 360 sold more than PS3.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 AM   #22
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Well I guess they sucked at it. 360 sold more than PS3.
Yea, that's why the people who bought the first 360's the first year had over heating problems. And NONE of them got a return or exchange. How's that for "sucking". It's called getting screwed over.

And just because PS3 sold less than 360 doesn't mean that they aren't popular. If you haven't noticed, the ps3 is a hell of a lot more expensive. Also consider the economies financial needs.

The 360 scratches your CD's and does not have backward compatibility.

It took 5 hours for all the xbox 360 systems to be sold when it took the wii to sell out in 2 minutes and the ps3 in 5 minutes

These kids made a wise decision:
~Jess
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #23
yoda

Vehicles

Alright... So here's my take on BlueRay and the claims... HD Picture? Most movies Filmed in Digital High Def will have a good translation to BlueRay. Films on Film are just like oldschool cameras 35mm and it always has FILM GRAIN on it which tends to give it a softer image quality, you can make digital high def transfer to blueray, but there was never anything high def to begin with. Now to the BlueRay claim of HD SOUND!!!... NON-EXISTENT! The only way to get HD Sound is for the source to be RECORDED, MIXED, AND COMPRESSED to Dolby Digital/DTS/SDDS to wich HD sound requires to be at 24 Bits and 196 KHz... ALL surround sound formats are compressed at 16 bit 48 KHz -DVD quality- (for the theaters and HOME) the same goes for BlueRay... so HD Sound? FALSE! I can go on explaining but it doesn't really matter, you can get close to HD picture by simply buying a video scaler to up-convert video from 480p to 1080i/p . Hope this help clarify some misconceptions about the technology, and if you have any questions feel free to ask... BTW I am an Audio Engineer and a THX Certified Hometheater Designer as well
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #24
HuGo

Quote:
Yea, that's why the people who bought the first 360's the first year had over heating problems. And NONE of them got a return or exchange. How's that for "sucking". It's called getting screwed over.

And just because PS3 sold less than 360 doesn't mean that they aren't popular. If you haven't noticed, the ps3 is a hell of a lot more expensive. Also consider the economies financial needs.

The 360 scratches your CD's and does not have backward compatibility.

It took 5 hours for all the xbox 360 systems to be sold when it took the wii to sell out in 2 minutes and the ps3 in 5 minutes

These kids made a wise decision:
Eeehhh, I'm a Halo fan so that's what i care. I'm not a "systems" freak. So i'm not going to sit here and argue like a nerd. I really dont know much about the specs and so on of each console. I got xbox cuz of halo. Period. Wii sold more than any other console. And i didn't bring it up cuz we weren't talking about the wii. My xbox hasn't over heated. Ive liked playstation cuz of some of the games back then and loved metal gear. My games are perfectly fine, no scratches. The reason why PS3 is so expensive was cuz it costed a lot to make and sony lost money on it like i said.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #25
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
Alright... So here's my take on BlueRay and the claims... HD Picture? Most movies Filmed in Digital High Def will have a good translation to BlueRay. Films on Film are just like oldschool cameras 35mm and it always has FILM GRAIN on it which tends to give it a softer image quality, you can make digital high def transfer to blueray, but there was never anything high def to begin with. Now to the BlueRay claim of HD SOUND!!!... NON-EXISTENT! The only way to get HD Sound is for the source to be RECORDED, MIXED, AND COMPRESSED to Dolby Digital/DTS/SDDS to wich HD sound requires to be at 24 Bits and 196 KHz... ALL surround sound formats are compressed at 16 bit 48 KHz -DVD quality- (for the theaters and HOME) the same goes for BlueRay... so HD Sound? FALSE! I can go on explaining but it doesn't really matter, you can get close to HD picture by simply buying a video scaler to up-convert video from 480p to 1080i/p . Hope this help clarify some misconceptions about the technology, and if you have any questions feel free to ask... BTW I am an Audio Engineer and a THX Certified Hometheater Designer as well
IDK what you just said. I just know i saw Transformers on HBO w/ surround sound. Kool. Then got Transformers on DVD, played it on my xbox w/ surround sound...sound and image was better. Then transformers on BR w/ surround sound and HOLY SHEET!

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #26
HuGo

I usually burned my DVDs. But my computer has been messed up so I havent lately. But that's why ill only buy movies on BlueRay if they are BlueRay worthy. Other than that ill just keep getting DVDs. I got transformers on BlueRay cuz i got it for very cheap brand new. BTW, special features are sweet too.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #27
Maverix

Vehicles

Hugo......

But hey, if you do ever get halo for comp, definitely hit me up. We'll share the ti (warthog) together. I'm driving though
~Jess
Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 AM   #28
HuGo

Quote:
Hugo......

But hey, if you do ever get halo for comp, definitely hit me up. We'll share the ti (warthog) together. I'm driving though
Actually I'm a good driver on the warthog (just like in real life as well), i cant shoot at all on that turret though. LoL. That's why if its a must, ill drive.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 AM   #29
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Actually I'm a good driver on the warthog (just like in real life as well), i cant shoot at all on that turret though. LoL. That's why if its a must, ill drive.
I dunno man. I'm afraid you might not press the pedal to the metal. After all, you hate street racing. How can I trust you to dodge a banshee when following the speed limit?
~Jess
Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #30
HuGo

Quote:
I dunno man. I'm afraid you might not press the pedal to the metal. After all, you hate street racing. How can I trust you to dodge a banshee when following the speed limit?
LoL. For the sake of my FBI background purposes...i ain't going to say much

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...